PDA

View Full Version : 2009 DIY#7 at Passport BMW

ilwerdna
07-20-2009, 11:26 AM
The DIY committee is continuously looking for ways to improve these events. Your participation and honest feedback will help to make future DIY's more enjoyable. Please take a moment to answer the following.
What did you like and didn't like about this DIY?
How do you think we can improve our next DIY?
How were the technicians and location?
Any other comments or feedback:

///MARINE
07-20-2009, 01:36 PM
What did you like and didn't like about this DIY?

The facility (Passport BMW) is immaculate.
The staff was courteous and extremely helpful (thanks again Justin!)
The food was awesome.
The whole event was extremely organized and efficient.

How do you think we can improve our next DIY?

This DIY was as good as it gets.

How were the technicians and location?

All of the technicians were consumate professionals as well as genuinely helpful.

The location was great. Passport's facility is world class. We were alloted plenty of well-lit, spacious, work bays.

pseto
07-20-2009, 03:10 PM
My wife and I had a great time at Passport Saturday. Their staff was great!!! Justin was extremely helpful in getting the broken oil drain plug extracted as well as letting us use his 'patented' homemade fluid pump (that was very cool).

I wish Passport would let us hold more DIYs at their facility since its a great atmosphere to get stuff done. This was probably the first time I can remember that most people were done with their jobs ahead of time; we could have gotten a few more people in there.

prentissra
07-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Everything went smoothly. Like Paul said, we had more than enough lifts and could have accomodated more people. Thanks to David for noticing my belts were starting to go.

spidertri
07-20-2009, 07:42 PM
This was my first DIY event and I definitely had a blast. My only regret is that I didn't get to socialize and check out the other cars as much as I would have liked to. Next time I'll choose something a little less intensive to do, lol.

Having never been to Passport before it was a pretty impressive dealership. All the employees and techs were really nice and helpful. I'm glad to see another DIY there in a few weeks.

John in VA
07-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Orlando,
What were you able to find out/fix regarding your trim?

///MARINE
07-21-2009, 06:20 AM
Orlando,
What were you able to find out/fix regarding your trim?

It went really well, John. Justin, a great BMW tech showed me how to remove the old moldings without scratching the car or breaking any clips that weren't already broken. There are 15 clips on each side (driver and passenger). I ended up replacing about 6 clips. We ended up reusing the driver side molding because only the passenger side molding was in stock at Passport that day. The most important tip is to slide the rear of the molding into it's c-pillar clips first, then work your way forward. It is not difficult, it just takes some finesse. Because your chrome trim wasn't broken in the first place, removing it by pulling it off from front to back(hopefully without breaking too many clips) should be a snap (pun intented). I'll be happy to give you a hand or at least give you on the phone tech support (PM to follow).

orb0554
07-21-2009, 08:02 AM
Well planned and executed DIY. Passport BMW has a convenient location and state of the art facility but Justin made all the difference. Justin was very helpful and insightful with his tips and short cuts.