PDA

View Full Version : Comments on DIY Extra! #1 at Martin Motorsports

Munchenman2
06-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Folks,

Today we had our third DIY Extra! event, and the first of two in 2009 at Martin Motorsports in Alexandria, VA. Gary Martin and his excellent staff welcomed three ladies and a number of gentlemen for this great event.

We're looking forward to September 12th, when we will return to MMI for the last Ladies' DIY of the year.

We encourage all attendees to add their thoughts to this thread.

Slainte,

Alan :tongue:
DIY program chair

///M44ti
06-13-2009, 03:41 PM
I had a great time at the event. Gary and his staff were welcoming, friendly, and educational - as usual.

Looking forward to the next one there. Hopefully we'll be able to get more ladies to turn out for it!

brmccolley
06-13-2009, 06:38 PM
It's always a pleasure to drop by Gary's shop and visit. It was especially nice to have met Alan, Zach and Andrew as well. I really wish I could have gotten there earlier to meet more people. Gary, Zach and Andrew were extremely helpful in getting my wheel spacers installed. I appreciated their help and opinions on what was best for the car. I was fortunate that I moved into the neighborhood where I can have such a great group of guys working on my beloved BMWs. Thanks guys and I wish you the best on your business and endeavors.

My wife also learned a lot and expresses her gratitude to all. She is looking forward to the next event when she can learn more. She really appreciated the attention to include women in the workshop. She intended to hang out as a third wheel, but now wants to come to more events to learn more about the cars. Now maybe she'll begin to understand my passion for working on cars. Perhaps we'll bring both of our M3s to the next event. I would like to put a set of stainless braid brake lines on the Comp Pkg, Gary. I already have the materials, I just didn't want to hold you guys up.

I noticed from the registration form that someone replaced their brake rotors and pads. I've done that myself on my vert, and it's not as hard as some may think. It's a fairly fast job as well.

The shrimp cocktail, pasta salad, cherry's, chips and assorted food provided by Alan was a nice touch. My wife and I enjoyed it greatly. Thanks Alan.

And hey, Gary, try to keep the dirty side down. You put me through a scare with your story. :eek:

Munchenman2
06-14-2009, 10:24 AM
We thank the Martin Motorsports, Inc. (MMI) staff for their hospitality and technical help:

Gary Martin, MMI owner & mentor supreme
Lindsay Martin, MMI daughter, MINI pilot, and budding technician
Andrew Goodnight, MMI technician & mentor
Zach Protzko, MMI technician & mentor
We ask for any other comments to be posted here before Tuesday morning; thanks very much for supporting our 2009 DIY Program.

Alan :tongue:
DIY program chair