PDA

View Full Version : BMW get together in Southern Maryland Thursday, April 23...

///MARINE
04-13-2009, 01:48 PM
After travelling two hours through an incredible rain storm this Saturday (on the way to the Vintage Drive In) in my 1988 (E24) M6 (I'm also an E36 guy), I realized something... I will do almost anything for the opportunity to hang out with my fellow BMW enthusiasts. I have recently discovered that there are some avid BMW heads here in the NAS Patuxent River area and we need to start getting together. I recently met Adam Armour (an E28 and E30 guy) as well as Tim Young (an E30 GUY) and it is time to meet all the the other local stalwarts.

Our first meet will be at Cheeseburger in Paradise in Hollywood, Maryland on Thursday April, 23rd at 5pm. I will keep you posted.

Adam and I are working on putting together this first meet, which will hopefully turn into bigger meets and eventually club sanctioned socials. There are plenty of BMW owners in this area. Hopefully most of those owners are also BMW enthusiasts!

P.S. People who live far and wide, PLEASE feel free to come down and take part. It really is beautiful down here.

///MARINE
04-13-2009, 02:13 PM
http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/apps/w2gi.php?&W2GI_QFIELD=DEALERID&W2GI_QVALUE=6102&SORTBY_MoreInfoDealer=DISTANCE&DISTANCE=4&client=cheeseburger&template=moreinfo

Parking Lot of Cheeseburger in Paradise:

(Located in the Wildewood Shopping Center)
23415 Three Notch Road
California MD 20619
Phone: 301-863-0489

woodym3
04-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Good idea Orlando! About 15 years ago the chapter had a tour to Point Lookout and a restaurant at Solomon's Island. Beautiful area. I've been wanting to get down to your area to checkout the site for the planned Tatton Park. I found out from someone in-the-know that the location is not quite definite yet.

Cheeseburger in Paradise?? Do they serve beer there?
Edit: Good! I checked the website link you just sent.

pseto
04-13-2009, 02:44 PM
nice job Orlando and you planned it on an open calendar date!!! very nice

i'll try my best to get down there to meet you guys (although its almost a 2 hr drive for me) and i'll get it up on the calendar shortly

///MARINE
04-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks guys,

Solomon's Island (and the Solomon's Pier restaurant) is another great venue. I chose Cheeseburger in Paradise because the parking lot space (Wildewood Shopping Center) is virtually unlimited. I really appreciate the support. I will check out Solomon's Island for future meets. Being on the water makes for really cooling looking pictures.

Nick325xiT 5spd
04-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Good idea Orlando! About 15 years ago the chapter had a tour to Point Lookout and a restaurant at Solomon's Island. Beautiful area. I've been wanting to get down to your area to checkout the site for the planned Tatton Park. I found out from someone in-the-know that the location is not quite definite yet.

Cheeseburger in Paradise?? Do they serve beer there?
Edit: Good! I checked the website link you just sent.
Jeez. If you guys went to point lookout, why'd you eat on Solomon's? :) For the true Southern Maryland experience, you have to go to Courtney's.

Zchild
04-13-2009, 04:25 PM
:biggrin: Thanks Orlando for being proactive and planning something for the bimmerheads on the southern tip of Maryland, I will try to come down and hang out with you guys.

ldsbeaker
04-13-2009, 05:08 PM
You know I'll be there, Orlando. (hehe, I could walk there... GREAT location!)
Adam

setpole
04-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Sounds like fun,I'm in.

Marlon

///MARINE
04-14-2009, 09:49 AM
O.k. Let's spread the word to other forums. I am only on this forum but after seeing the amount of 2002 guys who braved Saturday's weather (rain that would make Noah's Ark cringe) we need to get word out to 2002FAQ, Roadfly, MYE28.org, E46fanatics, Sharkfest.org and anyone else you guys can think of. The more, the merrier!

///MARINE
04-14-2009, 09:51 AM
I am a complete novice at this, so Paul and Zach, I could use any and all advice here!

pseto
04-14-2009, 10:55 AM
I am a complete novice at this, so Paul and Zach, I could use any and all advice here!

nothing to it really. just create an account on those forums and post up your event. thats all i do every month although it can get time consuming. because i want to get as many people as possible, i bump the threads and figure out ways to get some interest and conversation started. get some folks you know that are going and make them post in there too; the more active the thread, the better. for the socials alone, i probably spend at least an hour a day, everyday answering questions, getting new members to signup, explaining CCA, etc.

honestly, i've found that the more time i spend monitoring/upkeeping the thread, the more interest i get, and that leads to people coming out. so basically, its all gonna depend on how much you want to put into it.

ldsbeaker
04-14-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm going straight ghettoz.

Paint on the back window.

"BMW Meet
Chzbrgr in Paradise
4/23 6 PM"

I've got MyE28 covered.

///MARINE
04-14-2009, 12:42 PM
I just spoke to Greg at Cheeseburger in Paradise. Happy hour is from 4-8pm. They are confident that they can accommodate us! Sweet!

P.S. Thanks for the advice Paul!

///MARINE
04-14-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm going straight ghettoz.

Paint on the back window.

"BMW Meet
Chzbrgr in Paradise
4/23 6 PM"

I've got MyE28 covered.

Now THAT is old school advertising at it's finest. Good move Adam, and welcome to the chapter!

GivWay
04-16-2009, 01:30 AM
Brooklyn, appreciate the invite. I'll be there.

Mike

///MARINE
04-16-2009, 10:16 AM
It looks like the meet is growing. I'll try to recruit some more people when I go to autocross school this Saturday!

1. Zach
2. Paul
3. Adam
4. Mike
5. Mark
6. Orlando
7. Woody
8. Tim
9. Marlon
10. Brian
11. Leo

pseto
04-16-2009, 11:28 AM
so, does this start at 5p or 6p? i've added to the calendar

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?view=details&id=190%3Asouthern-md-bmw-meet&option=com_eventlist

///MARINE
04-16-2009, 02:20 PM
so, does this start at 5p or 6p? i've added to the calendar

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?view=details&id=190%3Asouthern-md-bmw-meet&option=com_eventlist

We will start at 5pm. This place is not far from where many of us live/work. We'll be out there waiting for the rest of you Bimmer heads to flood in!

pseto
04-16-2009, 02:39 PM
We will start at 5pm. This place is not far from where many of us live/work. We'll be out there waiting for the rest of you Bimmer heads to flood in!

it'll probably take me close to 2 hrs to get there, so i doubt i'll get there by 5p. The earliest I can leave is around 4p, so definitely dont wait on me

DoNDoN
04-16-2009, 06:08 PM
it'll probably take me close to 2 hrs to get there, so i doubt i'll get there by 5p. The earliest I can leave is around 4p, so definitely dont wait on me

Paul,

Tell me if you go to this. I grew up in Southern MD and I have not been down there in almost 20 years.

ldsbeaker
04-16-2009, 09:15 PM
If it's nice out, we probably won't even make it into the restaurant until 630 or so. If we have a good number of people show up, we'll definitely chill out in the parking lot, kickin' tires and stuff.

p.s. DRIVE FASTER!

pseto
04-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Paul,

Tell me if you go to this. I grew up in Southern MD and I have not been down there in almost 20 years.

i'm planning on it so far, so mark your calendar.

///MARINE
04-17-2009, 06:18 AM
If it's nice out, we probably won't even make it into the restaurant until 630 or so. If we have a good number of people show up, we'll definitely chill out in the parking lot, kickin' tires and stuff.

p.s. DRIVE FASTER!

My thoughts exactly! The main purpose is to get together and share the BMW enthusiasm. The wife and I went to "Cheeseburger" last night to scope out the situation. We were assured that no matter how long we hang out outside, they would not run out of Cheeseburgers or Paradise inside! I will personally still be standing outside when you pull up. I'm sure your twin turbos will not keep me waiting until sundown.:wink:

///MARINE
04-20-2009, 07:10 AM
Bump for Thursday's BMW meet at Cheeseburger in Paradise in California, Maryland. Good times will be had by all!

pseto
04-22-2009, 07:25 AM
the plan for me and my DonDon tomorrow is to play Swan Point around lunchtime and then head to the meet afterwards. if anyone else is interested in playing 18, let me know.

weather for tomorrow looks pretty good now that the rain has left

DoNDoN
04-22-2009, 08:31 AM
the plan for me and my DonDon tomorrow is to play Swan Point around lunchtime and then head to the meet afterwards. if anyone else is interested in playing 18, let me know.

weather for tomorrow looks pretty good now that the rain has left

Your DoNDoN? :eek:

pseto
04-22-2009, 09:33 AM
Your DoNDoN? :eek:

yep, i own you :D

setpole
04-22-2009, 02:00 PM
I won't be able to make this meet due to job commitments.

///MARINE
04-22-2009, 02:52 PM
It looks like we are going to have an exciting and diverse group tommorow! Quite a few different BMW forums are buzzing about this meet. If the turn out is nice we will plan something even better. I have some very interesting ideas already.

ldsbeaker
04-22-2009, 08:21 PM
I'll limp my broke ass car over there, and Heather will probably bring the x3 too, so we can pump up the numbers... ;)

pseto
04-23-2009, 07:41 AM
see you guys later tonight...weather looks great :)

Zchild
04-24-2009, 06:49 AM
:icon_danc I'm not sure how many bimmer dreamers and gearheads we had out yesterday but a very good time was had by all. We spent the majority of our time in the parking lot looking at all the different bimmers and talking with all of the different drivers. We definitely need to do it again because there are a lot of folks on the southern tip of Maryland who enjoy socializing and and their BMW's. I'm very glad too see that some folks came down from NOVA and Columbia to join in the festivities. I think we need to get together on the southern end at least once a month. Thanks again to Orlando Taylor for putting this event together. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
:icon_pelv

pseto
04-24-2009, 09:48 AM
great time last night, was definitely worth the drive. thanks to Orlando for organizing the meet and I met quite a few new BMW friends. we had close to 20 cars which you can see represents more than 20 years of roundel history.

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x274/pseto/042309%20Southern%20MD%20Meet/

///MARINE
04-24-2009, 04:49 PM
We had an incredible time last night and I would love to thank everyone from near and far for coming out to enjoy our first Southern Maryland Meet. I must say this all started with Adam Armour coming to town. Once I saw his beautiful, highly modified (and low slung) Copper E30 I knew that there were real enthusiasts here and we had to have a get together! E21s, E24s, E30s, E36/7s, E39s, E46s, E53s, E66, E83s, E85s, E90s and E92s and more were represented! We only had one MINI but we are working on changing that. Special thanks to our President Zach Pullins, Sr., our Social Chair Paul Seto as well as Don, Ana, and Chief Instructor Woody for coming all the way down here on a weeknight! See you guys at the next meet!

6-Speed
04-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Hey guys, I had to register after ///Marine sent out the email for pictures and everything. I was the one with the white E21. I also have an E46. It was nice to meet fellow BMW owners! I have admired several of your cars from afar, just couldn't catch up or stop in the middle of traffic to chat. Hope to see everyone soon, and Ill have to re-meet most of you as I am terrible with names...

Jeremy

///MARINE
04-27-2009, 08:28 AM
Hey guys, I had to register after ///Marine sent out the email for pictures and everything. I was the one with the white E21. I also have an E46. It was nice to meet fellow BMW owners! I have admired several of your cars from afar, just couldn't catch up or stop in the middle of traffic to chat. Hope to see everyone soon, and Ill have to re-meet most of you as I am terrible with names...

Jeremy

What year is your E21? I learned to drive on a white 1977 320i just like it! I loved that car (it was my older brother's). I usually have to go to the Vintage events to see anything older than my E24. It was good to have an E30 and an E21 to help me keep it old school! Good times!

6-Speed
04-27-2009, 05:55 PM
The E21 is a 83'. It is quite slow compared to my E46, but it is still a blast to drive. I need new suspension for it. I'm sure that will make it even more fun to drive!

ldsbeaker
05-01-2009, 07:48 AM
What year is your E21? I learned to drive on a white 1977 320i just like it! I loved that car (it was my older brother's). I usually have to go to the Vintage events to see anything older than my E24. It was good to have an E30 and an E21 to help me keep it old school! Good times!
That's right. Keepin' it old skool is where it's at!!
(E30/E28 here)

6-Speed
05-01-2009, 08:02 AM
That's right. Keepin' it old skool is where it's at!!
(E30/E28 here)

I had a E28 535is for my first car, man do I miss it. My brother has a E30 325is, and had a 318is before that, the 325 is such a fun car. I love the old BMWs.

ldsbeaker
05-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Mine is an '87 535is... Work in progress. It's gotta be finished by June 4th, though...

///MARINE
07-22-2009, 09:11 AM
We are about to do it again. The Southern Maryland BMW meet, volume 2! Thursday, July, 30th, 2009!

http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=5319