PDA

View Full Version : Deutsche Marque Concours registration is open!

John in VA
04-04-2009, 05:06 PM
You can find details on the Calendar of Events page for May 17 or HERE (http://nccbmwcca.org/index.php?view=details&id=195%3Adeutsche-marque-concours&option=com_eventlist&Itemid=46).
You have an additional week and a half to shine 'em up and bring them out!!
It killed us to postpone the show, but it looks like we made the correct call. Three registrants are unable to attend due to the date change, but hopefully we'll have some others step in to take their places.

JC5
04-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Hey John in VA I was thinking of entering my 04 Z4. It's in pretty good condition. Is there a model year or age limit?

John in VA
04-05-2009, 07:15 PM
No limits, as long as it's a BMW! The Z4 will be classed in "Current models," unless you're a rookie and prefer to be in the Anfänger class (not judged - for newcomers to the concours experience, selected by people's choice balloting).

JC5
04-06-2009, 04:40 PM
I've never entered an event like this, but I can detail a car very well.

John in VA
04-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Bring it out, and we'll be the judge! :wink:

2000_328ci
04-07-2009, 08:22 AM
My car would never be considered clean enough to compete in something like this but I might come down in hopes of a people's choice award (long shot i know)

John in VA
04-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Chase,
Take care of whatever you think "would never be considered clean enough" and let the spectators decide. Everyone has to start somewhere, then try to improve.

John in VA
04-12-2009, 10:01 PM
We have a "lucky 13" cars registered this first week, and your pre-registration is appreciated. This makes it much easier to group the vehicles, rather than trying to do it on the day of the event. Keep up the good work!

Sport Evo
04-24-2009, 06:55 PM
John,

I was a good Bimmer guy this year and pre-registered. Even the old concours dogs can learn new tricks! See you on Sunday. Display only this year and will help judge if needed.

Best,

~Willy Lutz

John in VA
04-24-2009, 07:20 PM
Willy,
I appreciate your help, and look forward to seeing what beauty you'll bring this year.

Sport Evo
04-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Is there going to be a pollen exemption rule this year??? Bring out the California dusters......

mlytle
04-28-2009, 09:13 PM
or bring a yellow car!

John in VA
04-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Hopefully the predicted showers will wash some of the pollen out, but the forecast is looking good for Sunday.
35 cars registered at this time!

e90 awd
04-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Is the rain gonna cancel the show, doesn't look good for Sun....

John in VA
04-30-2009, 10:26 PM
Weather just showed a 40% chance of scattered showers. The show has been postponed once since 1991, so the good weather DOES turn up! It is a logistical nightmare to reschedule, so unless is rainfall is torrential plan to be there.

JC5
05-01-2009, 04:01 AM
If it rains Saturday the event maybe a no-go for me. I was planning the detail most of the day.

e90 awd
05-01-2009, 07:23 AM
Thanks for your reply John......... see ya there

John in VA
05-01-2009, 05:30 PM
I'll put this here, but plan to get it out to the registrants as well.

Deutsche Marque Concours Weather Update:

As you all may know, the forecast for the weekend is uncertain and there is a possibility of scattered showers. While we have a rain date available to us, May 17th, there is no guarantee that the weather will be clear on that day either, and there are considerable difficulties associated with moving the show. Accordingly, our intention is to have the show if practicable. We have also made arrangements with Fairfax County Park Authority to arrange our cars in the parking lot and grounds adjacent to Hunter House in the event that the field conditions are not hospitable for us on Sunday.

We are monitoring the forecast closely. If the forecast deteriorates substantially, or if conditions are materially worse Sunday morning than those previously forecast, representatives of the clubs hosting the show will speak early in the morning on Sunday and make a final decision on whether to hold the show. If the clubs decide NOT to hold the show, we will send another blast email and update our website [insert NCC hyperlink] no later than 7am Sunday morning.

So, unless you hear otherwise from the club, via our website and blast email, WE WILL HOLD THE SHOW THIS SUNDAY, MAY 3RD.

Thank you and we hope to see you all on Sunday.

Sport Evo
05-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Keep your fingers crossed for good weather! I will be there with 2 cars and wouldn't miss it. It's all about the PEOPLE anyway...

A lot of hard work goes into planning this event. I mean the coordinators have to work with PORSCHE and MERCEDES clubs, not the easiest people to convince of anything...... they actually think that THEY have the best German cars!

Come on out and bring your rain gear! A few rain drops will hide imperfections in freshly waxed paint!!

silvergray///M
05-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Willy! I'll be in South Riding tomorrow night to catch up with Allen. Can I leave my ///M car with you so you can detail it for me?

Just say "Yes" and have a bag of stuff you need dry cleaned and we'll call it a day. Stefen hepled me do my brakes and looks stellar!! Just a few more minor modifications and i'm done... I hope.

-young.

John in VA
05-06-2009, 09:00 PM
The home page info has been updated and registration is now open! It figures with just 3 postponements in the last 18 years one has to occur on my watch. I'll see you there!

chicane
05-11-2009, 03:42 PM
What's the word on this weekend's Deutsche Marque Concours event?

John in VA
05-11-2009, 08:05 PM
It's scheduled for Sunday, May 17th.
8:30 a.m. — Field opens to show participants for placement onto the field.
9:00 a.m. — General admission starts.
10:00 a.m. — PLEASE have your car on the field by 10:00 am. We do our best to judge everyone consistently and fairly and can do this best if we have sufficient time. Thank you!
10:30 a.m. — Judging begins.
3:00 p.m. — Wine and Cheese Reception — Awards for all clubs will be presented at the Wine and Cheese Reception.

pseto
05-13-2009, 10:20 AM
i'm not trying to jinx anything, but what happens if there is rain on Sunday? is it rain or shine since its already been re-scheduled once?

John in VA
05-13-2009, 06:38 PM
I'm afraid to even watch the weather at this point! We do not have another date selected to assemble all four clubs, nor is the park reserved for another date. Barring a hurricane or tornadoes I hope we can have it.
Many times we have had clouds and showers and still held the event. Just don't need a
downpour like occurred on May 3rd.

pseto
05-15-2009, 07:47 PM
any word yet?

87325is
05-15-2009, 08:47 PM
http://www.accuweather.com/enhanced-radar.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0

It will pass tomorrow night!

Jared

woodym3
05-15-2009, 09:16 PM
any word yet?

Paul, read the previous message. Sounds to me like any decision to cancel would be made Sunday morning.

John in VA
05-15-2009, 10:02 PM
We're going for it! Forecast for Sunday is improving, food for awards reception is ordered, beer & wine will be picked up tomorrow.
See you there!

///MARINE
05-16-2009, 05:35 AM
People; we are a CAR club not a motorcycle club! We should all be there rain or shine. We can not pack it in at the first sign of precipitation. If you are not driving a 16 cylinder Duesenberg, your car should be able to survive one day out of the garage without losing 80% of it's value. Whether your BMW was designed by Wilhelm Hofmeister, Paul Bracq or Chris Bangle it can handle the drizzle that may or may not occur on Sunday. A further bonus is, as I learned in the Marine Corps; humans are pretty darn waterproof ourselves! So plan to be there Sunday then, BE there on Sunday! This is one of the most fun things we do every year. So let's do it. Make it so Number One...

Munchenman2
05-16-2009, 06:51 AM
Essayons! :tongue:

///MARINE
05-17-2009, 06:04 PM
What an incredible turnout! It was a pleasure judging at the DMC today. Congratulations and thank you to everyone who showed up. I had never seen a 2002 Turbo or a 3.0 CSL in real life before today. Those cars are even more beautiful in person, than they are in Roundel and Bimmer magazine. Speaking of Bimmer magazine, we met Mike Lipsky and his 850Ci, the same one that was featured in a recent issue of Bimmer magazine (February 2009). The people were great and the cars were magnificent. Thankfully the weather also cooperated in a big way. Good times!

e90 awd
05-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Had a great time also,seeing a BMW vintage motorcycle was cool too...:biggrin:

pseto
05-17-2009, 07:29 PM
i had a great time today!!! thanks to John and the Concours crew who put on a fantastic show (they also excel at weather forecasting; move over Bob Ryan).

i saw some of the most beautiful cars today and met many of the lucky people that get to drive them. It seemed to me that we had the biggest turnout out of all the other marques (especially Audi who only had about 6 cars).

next time i'll have to get one of my cars out there to show; but only if i have the patience to really give it a good cleaning (those judges were really tough :D).

John in VA
05-17-2009, 07:54 PM
My thanks go out to those members who braved the elements to show today. I especially appreciate those that volunteered their time to serve as judges for the event - it's a time-consuming and nerve-racking task. I could NOT have done it without you!

If anyone took pictures today, please let me know or send them to me. There is a place in the Photo Gallery under Concours in the Navigation menu for members to add their pix under the event heading, so I'm hoping we have some to accompany the article for dB.

apbails
05-17-2009, 09:07 PM
My thanks go out to those members who braved the elements to show today. I especially appreciate those that volunteered their time to serve as judges for the event - it's a time-consuming and nerve-racking task. I could NOT have done it without you!You did a great job in your first year as Concours chief. Hope you'll consider another year at the helm. Bill Riblett deserves special mention, he's devoted. Today I found cloudy weather is advantagious when showing a white car. On sunny days they tend to wash out. My experience is with dark cars and knowing how to get the paint to "pop" on any given, sunny Sunday. White cars are tougher than I thought, there's nowhere to hide. So John, thanks again and you also get credit for the best Freudian moment of the day...when in the judges meeting, you referred to the entrants as patients. Yes, we're all sickos and you're a Doc. Party on.

pseto
05-17-2009, 09:29 PM
here are my pics from today

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x274/pseto/Deutche%20Marque%2009/?albumview=slideshow

John in VA
05-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Paul,
I just saw the link at E46fanatics and watched the slide show - thanks!

Anita,
Thanks for your kind words! Yes, Bill did a great job, no matter the task at hand. He and Willy showed up early and got and kept everyone lined up.

Munchenman2
05-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Very well done with this annual event!

Although I've heard of it for many years, this was my first time attending. Forshame on me! Think I'll add it to my annual schedule.

Many thanks to Dr John and all his helpers - and especially to all owners who braved the forecast and brought out their Bavarian motorcars for everyone to enjoy.

Slainte,
Alan :tongue:

rodpaine
05-18-2009, 05:58 AM
John,
Congratulations on a good show! Sorry to have missed it, as it looked like it needed more E28 examples and I missed seeing BMW friends, but house projects didn't allow me enough time to get my car ready, so maybe next year. You did good and I hope you're doing next years event, too.
-Rod

Sport Evo
05-18-2009, 11:01 AM
John,

Thanks for a great day. The Deutsche Marque is a wonderful event and I throughly enjoyed helping and seeing all of the familiar faces.

Congrats to the Hardware recipients and cudos for all of the hard work that they did to prepare their respective cars. The uber rare stuff was a real treat for me to get my hands and eyes on. (Holy Bat-mobile!) (Rich Poples 2002 Turbo has to be the most desireable car I have ever seen and touched!)

I'm already looking forward to next year when I can prepare and show!

Best regards,

martinj
05-18-2009, 03:10 PM
great turn out, lots of nice cars. good thing the weather held up.

87325is
05-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Nice e30 convertibles.

Anyone on here own the e30 technic? My daughter enjoyed it and the license plate was perfect. Nice car.

Good show.

Jared

John in VA
05-19-2009, 10:23 PM
...Anyone on here own the e30 technic?

Jared

Sport Evo (Willy) owns the 1991 Macao Blau M-Technic cab.

More show pix can be seen HERE (http://s614.photobucket.com/albums/tt229/ipowellva/DM%20May%202009/).

Sport Evo
05-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Yep, The M Technic is mine. I just got it a few months ago and absolutely love it! I got my license in an E30 cabrio and have been dreaming about the rarest of E30 variants since then. Found it on ebay in California and sniped a deal as fast as I could. Had to tell my wife it was for her and my 2 daughters cause I already had too many bimmers, hence the license plate.

PM if you want more details on the M Technic, happy to share info.

Best,