PDA

View Full Version : MINI vs Mini

Munchenman2
02-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Is there a Chapter or CCA policy regarding MINIs versus Minis?

MINIs - the current incarnation (all upper case letters) - are owned by BMW, and (I assume) should be a part of our BMWCCA family, and recognized as such at all Chapter program events, et cetera.

Minis - the original incarnation (upper & lower case letters)- were not at all connected with BMW.

My question is, does CCA or the Chapter officially or unofficially welcome any Mini into our fold as we would welcome any MINI?

I'd welcome a "corporate" response, please; otherwise I expect that as motorsports enthusiasts most - if not all - of us would welcome any Mini or MINI to any of our events.

Thanks for your response.

The word guy :wink:
Alan

1996 328ti
02-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Mini diehards consider the new Mini, MINI and the original, Mini.

MINI is a corporate thing. It is not an acronym.
Roundel never capitalizes all the letters.
It's like spelling Walmart, WAL*MART (until they changed their logo).

Don't forget, you don't need a BMW to join the BMW CCA.
All BMW CCA members should share in the same benefits of being a member.

woodym3
02-05-2009, 08:43 AM
My question is, does CCA or the Chapter officially or unofficially welcome any Mini into our fold as we would welcome any MINI?

I'd welcome a "corporate" response, Alan

I don't think there is a "Corporate response" to this. Write it however you'd like. Most car enthusiast magazines use Mini whether referring to the old BMC Mini or the new BMW "MINI". A few use MINI. Who cares?

The NCC officially welcomes all makes to our events. Just don't expect separate classes for Civics, Corvettes, or 525is.

1996 328ti
02-05-2009, 10:20 AM
It's time for a DIY termite-repair session.

VicWhich car had a wood chassis? Morgan?
Guess that is part of Inspection II.

woodym3
02-05-2009, 02:15 PM
There's a late 30's 327 or 328 in a state of disassembly at Grant Randall's Alexandria Bavaria Service in Alexandria. Much of its chassis is wood.

Jenson Button
02-06-2009, 10:50 AM
There's a late 30's 327 or 328 in a state of disassembly at Grant Randall's Alexandria Bavaria Service in Alexandria. Much of its chassis is wood.

They made cars out of you?

gbauer
02-08-2009, 09:48 PM
They made cars out of you?
note the age of the cars... :tongue: