PDA

View Full Version : Spring 2009 Columbia Social Location Poll

pseto
01-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Its that time again to vote on a new spot to host our Columbia socials. We will be at River Hill Sports Grille through February, so we're looking to start the Spring off in grand fashion.

Here's a synopsis of the 4 locations chosen:

1) Champps - American sports bar (burgers, wings, pasta, salads, etc) with HDTVs; a great past host and old favorite. Excellent, lighted parking and located at Columbia Mall

http://www.champps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=267

2) Uno Chicago Grill - Chicago deep dish pizza, burgers, pasta, etc. Excellent, lighted parking and located at Columbia Mall

http://www.unos.com/

3) Clyde's - 'upscale American saloon food' (from their website); great atmosphere and good parking. Located at Lake Kittamaqundi across from Columbia Mall.

http://www.clydes.com/main/index.cfm

4) Pub Dog - locally owned, excellent, gourmet pizza and drafthouse. good parking and located off Dobbin Rd

http://www.pubdog.net/

Please note we have chosen these 4 places based on past experiences and member's suggestions. IMO all locations have quality food and good parking (although some better than others). These will be the only locations considered, so please cast your votes accordingly. Any other suggestions may/may not be used for future socials.

As many of you know, in the past we've always have hungout an hour before we eat. We will start at our new location on Thursday, March 12th at 6pm and the winner will be announced at the February Columbia social.

BTW, if I cant strike a deal with the winner to host our event, then i'll have to try with whoever finished #2, etc

bimmernupe
01-07-2009, 05:55 PM
OK I voted and no one else has, so I guess Champps it is!!!:biggrin:

JC5
01-07-2009, 06:13 PM
I counter your first vote with a new spot :tongue:

bimmernupe
01-07-2009, 09:46 PM
I counter your first vote with a new spot :tongue:

DAMMIT, this one person, one vote thing sux. I can't counter your counter:icon_peac

FrankoQ
01-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Time for some deep dish pizza!!!

rrsperry
01-08-2009, 08:31 AM
I voted for Pub Dog. Only because Champps has really expensive beer. Both Champps and Uno's are next to the parking garage at the mall, but the service and food are lacking.

Clydes is nice, but the parking is a bit far from the place.

So I thought, let's try someplace new.

pseto
01-08-2009, 08:46 AM
I voted for Pub Dog. Only because Champps has really expensive beer. Both Champps and Uno's are next to the parking garage at the mall, but the service and food are lacking.

Clydes is nice, but the parking is a bit far from the place.

So I thought, let's try someplace new.

I went to Pub Dog last night to check everything out and it has a lot of potential. We should have enough parking on the outskirts of that lot and we can easily take up either the entire outside patio area or the inside bar area. Food choices are limited to just pizza and beer, but its GOOD pizza and beer :)

I included Champps and Unos b/c I actually like using the top level of that parking garage. We've never had any issues up there (except for the Sniz peelout and a few bogus parking warnings :)) and its a convenient location.

I thought Clyde's may have some potential too, and the walk from that parking garage is about the same as the one at the mall IMO.

pseto
01-11-2009, 05:24 PM
bump...more votes needed

DoNDoN
01-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Pizza for me.

Biggins
01-12-2009, 12:17 AM
No love for the Greene Turtle? :(

pseto
01-12-2009, 08:27 AM
No love for the Greene Turtle? :(

The Turtle finished 2nd in our winter poll, and I didnt want to bog down this poll with too many options. If the parking ever gets better, it'll definitely be high on the list. I think Bob tried to get the credit union to let us use the lot the last time with no success. The lot across the street at the furniture place is OK, but I don't like the idea of a bunch of people crossing McGaw Rd since there's no crosswalk or light there.

X5Michelle
01-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Parking is great at the mall, and Champp's has been done several times. So I voted for Uno, even though I haven't been to the restaurant in 10 years or so.

I may even show up. :biggrin:

mcoupemindy
01-16-2009, 06:19 AM
OK I voted and no one else has, so I guess Champps it is!!!:biggrin:

Gave you some assistance, but UNOS is running the table :frown:

pseto
01-18-2009, 08:54 PM
only 14 votes so far? we have at least 25 people at each Columbia social; get your votes in please

pseto
01-21-2009, 05:17 PM
damn, do i need to bring my laptop to Thur's social to get people to vote?

i know more than 14 people have looked at this thread :(

DoNDoN
01-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Let's go Uno's!!!!!

kartracer
01-21-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm back after 4 years without a Bimmer (fortunately had/have a Beemer to keep me in the family!) When are the Columbia get togethers?

pseto
01-21-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm back after 4 years without a Bimmer (fortunately had/have a Beemer to keep me in the family!) When are the Columbia get togethers?

every 2nd Thursday of EVERY month. you just missed us last week. make sure you check the calendar for all the details.

interested in this?
http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=4721

i saw you on e90post, you definitely gotta come out to meet some of the guys.

JRansom
01-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Okay Paul, I voted....after 6 months (LOL)

pseto
01-26-2009, 09:24 AM
more votes are needed, only 2 weeks left before the polls close!!!

we avg close to 30 heads at each Columbia social, and only half vote?

i guess i can always just pick the places myself going forward since most people don't care where we go :)

tenfifteen
01-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Love Pub Dog... hopefully I'll finally be able to make one. That's a fave spot of mine, believe I suggested it a few months back.

pseto
01-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Love Pub Dog... hopefully I'll finally be able to make one. That's a fave spot of mine, believe I suggested it a few months back.

yeah, after you suggested it, i went to check it out and thought it was great.

pseto
01-26-2009, 04:08 PM
PubDog has taken a comfortable lead, anyone gonna make this a close race?

pseto
02-02-2009, 08:58 AM
1 week left before the polls close. let's get those last minute votes in!!

people don't like hanging at the mall?

pseto
02-05-2009, 08:29 AM
only 4 days left to get those votes in...will PubDog be overtaken?

BTW, another reason to vote is to determine the 2nd place location. if I cant strike a deal with the winner to host our event, then i'll have to try with whoever finished #2. considering its currently a tie for 2nd place, more votes are needed!!!

pseto
02-09-2009, 08:47 AM
poll closes today at 5:45p; get those last minute votes in now!!!

pseto
02-09-2009, 08:59 PM
polls are now closed and looks like PubDog is the winner. I'll try to work something out with PubDog management and post the details at a later date. Thanks for voting and I'll see you all on Thur at River Hill