PDA

View Full Version : Driving Distances

Doby
07-01-2004, 11:45 AM
I hope eveyone understands that maybe 1 or 2 (at the most) NCC Autoxes can be held at Ripken. It's not fair to ask the VA people to drive that far, but likewise it's not fair to as the Baltimore people to go to Manassas 3x in 2 seasons. The MB club holds every other autox in a place where it's close to some and far to others, and I think the NCC should try to do this. However, the reasoning has always been that the people that set the courses up live in the VA/DC area and it's not possible for them to get to the Ripken lot to set it up at a reasonable hour. We now have people offering, so that reasoning is no longer valid. Someone will always have to drive a good distance, and finding lots to run on is always a challenge, so we need to make due with the lots that are available. I'm posting this because several different people have complained to me about the Manassas lots and their distance and since I have my location based on that distance I guess they thought I was a good one to talk to. There are good things and bad things about having such a large area covered by the NCC Chapter, but I believe the good out wiegh the bad.

AlfaEric
07-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Wow, you are really determined about this. I'm almost 70 miles from Ripken and a little over 30 from Rosecroft (I'm not sure about Manassas). I'm more than willing to help setup at either lot. I might not be the first one there but I'll help out in any way I can.

---Eric

bren
07-01-2004, 11:58 AM
I thought this was going to be a poll to see who drives the furthest just to attend an autox. ;)

Doby
07-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Nothing to be determined about, I'm just trying to say that Ripken isn't fair to the VA people either

AlfaEric
07-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Nothing to be determined about, I'm just trying to say that Ripken isn't fair to the VA people either
I understand. People just need to keep in mind that if they feel it is too far they can register for a later heat or simply drop an event. I haven't seen the Manassas lot but I did like the Ripken one. No matter which lot is used I still have quite a bit of driving to do and I accept that.

---Eric

Maverick
07-18-2004, 06:33 AM
Wll, I replied in another post, but I live one exit away from Ripken Stadium and would be more than willing to help spearhead this initiative and be a primary volunteer to help setup or whatever. I'm new to NCC but love it and will still drive all the way to Bowie for autox...but let me know, I want to contribute