PDA

View Full Version : German Touring Cars (DTM) on SpeedTV

woodym3
12-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Unfortunately, it looks like we'll only get a 1-hour season highlights show instead of all the races as in the past.

A1GP from Zandvoort, Netherlands Friday Noon SpeedTV
(repeated 3:00 am Saturday)

German Touring Cars - 2008 Season Sunday 3:00pm SpeedTV
(repeated 2:00pm Tuesday)

SCCA Runoffs from Topeka, KS GT2 Class Wednesday Noon SpeedTV

SCCA Runoffs from Topeka, KS GT3 Class Wednesday 1:00pm SpeedTV

The A1GP series has powerful formula cars in a worldwide series run in the off-season from F1. Each country "enters" one car. The USA entry is run by the Andretti-Green IRL team this season. Marco Andretti and Danica Patrick will be driving in some events.

Scotty
12-04-2008, 09:07 PM
:frown:

DTM was the only Euro series left last year. Now we just get highlights.

I wonder how Speed will fill all those early morning hours? FIA GT? WTCC? BTCC? LMS?

No. Wrecked. Unique Whips. Pinks All Out. Pass Time. NASCAR this. NASCAR that. *sigh*

Thanks for the schedule, though, Woody! A1GP will be a good watch. Will be interesting to see how well Marco and Danica do. Has the Danica Drama been resolved (something about sponsorship or whatever)?

1996 328ti
12-05-2008, 10:23 AM
I remember seeing Australian races some time ago.
At the end of the race it looked like all BMWs had the side view mirrors dangling.
What series was that and do they still run them?

woodym3
12-05-2008, 01:05 PM
As I recall the Bathhurst 1000 was open to all touring cars and a number of BMWs competed. The Bathhurst 1000 is now part of the Australian V8 Supercar series which is restricted to the GM Holdens and Ford Falcons. Speed has been carrying this series every winter and in my opinion has the best racing available on TV.

Munchenman2
12-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Do the dangling mirrors have anything to do with driving/passing on the 'wrong' side? :confused:

1996 328ti
12-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Do the dangling mirrors have anything to do with driving/passing on the 'wrong' side? :confused:Maybe we drive on the wrong side?
On a race track, I guess the only wrong side is where there is not enough room.