PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Window repair/replace shop

Turboedbimmer
10-29-2008, 09:09 PM
I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations on windshield replacement shops. I need to get it fixed to pass inspection.

OwnedbyDuncan
10-30-2008, 07:12 AM
I never found a good one. They were all bad and there is nothing better then trusting you car to recently paroled felon.

Last couple times I had my mechanic do it. My insurance company never had an issue with it.

I would make sure the use a BMW window gasket etc. I never had a problem using glass from BMW. Aftermarket stuff never really fit well.

Dave Apker and the collies

1996 328ti
10-30-2008, 08:02 AM
People in the past have been happy with Safelite.
I've used Banner in Silver Spring, near East-West Highway.
Very satisfied with them. Once to replace a windshield and another to find a leak.
They unclogged the drain and did not want a dime.
I gave them a $20.

Turboedbimmer
10-30-2008, 09:00 AM
People in the past have been happy with Safelite.
I've used Banner in Silver Spring, near East-West Highway.
Very satisfied with them. Once to replace a windshield and another to find a leak.
They unclogged the drain and did not want a dime.
I gave them a $20.

Thanks that helps a lot. I haven't lived here for very long so I'm trying to get to know the shops around here.

bimmernupe
10-30-2008, 09:22 AM
My OEM windshield replacement
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2974855&postcount=1

woodym3
10-30-2008, 10:38 AM
I guess you're in Baltimore. But I've had two very satisfactory replacements by SafeLite in Arlington, VA. They're part of a national chain.

pseto
10-30-2008, 10:44 AM
i've used Safelite years ago and it was fine. Just make sure Bimmernupe isnt anywhere to be found when you're replacing anything. that atomic elbow can cause havoc :D

bimmernupe
10-30-2008, 02:21 PM
i've used Safelite years ago and it was fine. Just make sure Bimmernupe isnt anywhere to be found when you're replacing anything. that atomic elbow can cause havoc :D

My elbbow is STRONG like a pimp hand.:biggrin: