PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Drive Registration is now open!

X5Michelle
09-30-2008, 06:38 AM
Registration opened today for the BMW Ultimate Drive for Susan G. Komen for the Cure!

Event Home (http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Experience/Events/Komen/Default.aspx)

Registration (https://www.bmwusa.com/Secured/Content/Forms/UDSKForm.aspx?enc=/eiUrYOZAxtXbrazY6tfkmnueZmuSV+mTyz9vrTx7NjpfMGdjLNUzGUQ5U/VSlL0eDWilj46NH0Lehr5Rp1NMxCB9RN5m4Ctj8pCJe4e73XV/j/mUvRvABGr0KcSMjCEjzidPz+NHnHKjcdQFAqoJcbPygH9BaWjwbai1FUQ1SE=)

November 4th - BMW of Towson
November 5th - Tischer BMW of Silver Spring
November 7th - Tate BMW

I attended last year's event at BMW of Bel Air, along with the transport to Tate BMW. Pictures: http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=2770

pseto
09-30-2008, 07:15 AM
Thanks M. signed up for both Tischer and Tate. Nice that they have a few manuals to drive (M3 and Z4) this year since they werent available in the few previous yrs.

I'll be coordinating the transports between dealers this year, so if anyone is interested, let me know. We'll have a transport registration page up eventually :D

For those who've never done this event, I highly encourage it. Not only is it for a good cause, but you get to drive any car from BMW's lineup. For every mile that you drive, BMW will donate $1 in your name towards SGK, so this is a free event to everyone. They'll also provide a 'preferred' route which will usually give you opportunities to open it up :D

Signup quick though to get your pick of cars, although walk-ups are usually allowed.

My2005_745Li
09-30-2008, 09:40 AM
I just registered for Tate to drive the Alpina B7 (10 am) and Z4 roadster 3.0 si (noon). Hope to see you there Paul.

This being my first time participating, is it safe to assume the transport is done at the conclusion of the day's event? If yes, should I reschedule my drive times for later?

pseto
09-30-2008, 10:09 AM
I just registered for Tate to drive the Alpina B7 (10 am) and Z4 roadster 3.0 si (noon). Hope to see you there Paul.

This being my first time participating, is it safe to assume the transport is done at the conclusion of the day's event? If yes, should I reschedule my drive times for later?

il'll be there at 12p noon, so i'll see you there.

not sure about which locations we'll need transports yet, still awaiting more directions from SGK.

330cic0539
10-01-2008, 07:47 AM
Jonathan and I are interested in transporting the cars from Tate (BMW of Annapolis) to the next location.

X5Michelle
10-01-2008, 08:00 AM
This was just posted on e46fanatics:

Just did the Drive up here in Maine (and did the transport from Portland to Nashua). Great experience, but the M3 was broken, and likely will be for some time due to a blown tranny. I also strongly recommend driving the Alpina B7. That was a spectacular car. Tons of HP and torque, incredible handling for a 7 series and very comfortable.

Ethan Blank
10-02-2008, 09:44 AM
I would be interested in transporting. Depending on the actual times required (I'm assuming we wouldn't leave before 6), I can be flexible on the dates/locations.

pseto
10-07-2008, 07:05 AM
bump...Passport and the VA dealers opened up this AM

Car54
10-07-2008, 08:13 AM
I'm registered for Arlington and Passport. On the 11th of November I've registered for the last drives and am willing to transport from Arlington to Sterling.

ChrisV
10-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Thanks M. signed up for both Tischer and Tate. Nice that they have a few manuals to drive (M3 and Z4) this year since they werent available in the few previous yrs.

I'll be coordinating the transports between dealers this year, so if anyone is interested, let me know. We'll have a transport registration page up eventually :D

I can't get off during the day to drive, but I'd love to help move cars, from NW, so long as it's after regular work hours.

pseto
10-07-2008, 11:10 AM
I can't get off during the day to drive, but I'd love to help move cars, from NW, so long as it's after regular work hours.

its at the end of the day, and I'm asking that everyone be there by 4:30p. Transport registration will be setup shortly.

nonsns3
10-07-2008, 01:25 PM
I am interested in transporting from BMW of Sterling as I live near there. How do I go in signing up for that?

pseto
10-08-2008, 09:59 PM
just a heads up. i'll be posting the transport registration sometime tomorrow, hopefully after 12p noon. it will only be the MD dealerships (Towson, Northwest, Annapolis) and you must get there by 4:30p

NickE345spd
10-09-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm interested in transporting too, but what concerns me is how do we get back home?