PDA

View Full Version : Looking for parts

haNk
09-24-2008, 10:25 AM
I am a new member.
I'm trying to keep my '91 735i in shape, but having some difficulty finding parts. It only has 192k milies, but continues to run great. For instance, I believe I need a new actuator to push the door lock knob up when unlocking my drivers door - Can anyone suggest an online parts source that is reliable and resonably priced? I getting tired of unlocking the car, opening the back door to reach in and pull up the drivers door knob!
Thanks!

mcoupemindy
09-24-2008, 11:29 AM
I am a new member.
I'm trying to keep my '91 735i in shape, but having some difficulty finding parts. It only has 192k milies, but continues to run great. For instance, I believe I need a new actuator to push the door lock knob up when unlocking my drivers door - Can anyone suggest an online parts source that is reliable and resonably priced? I getting tired of unlocking the car, opening the back door to reach in and pull up the drivers door knob!
Thanks!

I've never had a problem with either Tischer BMW (www.mileone.com) or Bavarian Autosport (www.bavauto.com).

87325is
09-24-2008, 07:52 PM
I second tischer, They are usually great. When using the cca discount you get really close to web prices. Just cross shop them. For me, they are completive or way high.

Pelican parts seems to be my second place go to these days.

But Bavauto had the best price on the MC I needed.

I would stay away from BMP, Maximillion and I am sure there are others on the web you may learn a lesson from.

Jared

haNk
09-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Thanks!

Car54
09-26-2008, 10:16 AM
BMWPARTZDIRECT.com (it's a real dealer in CT) usually beats Tischer's price, but you can have Tischer match it. Just enter the price in the comments section.

I prefer Tischer because I can go there to pick it up and not pay tax since it is technically an out of state web order. I live in VA, Tischer's in MD.