PDA

View Full Version : DE Watkins Glen - June 27 - 29 with PCA Potomac

white911
06-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Space is available in all run groups for our event 27-29 June at Watkins Glen.

Instructors $225/non-Instructors $325 -- We do charge instructors; but, you are only assigned one student.

For help in understanding our run groups; I put together some data from our last years VIR event. We have five run groups; Green (Instructed - Beginners); Blue (Instructed - Novice); White (Intermediate); Black (Advanced-Instructor); Red (same as Black - faster cars and/or more experience). The call for participants is for all run groups. Club Racers participants can be found in White through Red and clearly the number of days is not a requirement for progression through to White, many exceptional drivers have moved through the ranks with minimum time in each group. It is generally not the case. In the data I provided I dropped the high and the low numbers to arrive at the range.

By run group and number of track days (average) range

Green - 16 days - range 1 to 50 (largest concentration 8 - 25)

Blue - 32 days - range 12 to 81 (largest concentration 29 - 36)

White - 61 days - range 24 to 132 (largest concentration 36 - 69, some cup cars)

Black - 110 days - range 42 to 275 (largest concentration 77 - 160, several cup cars)

Red - 215 days - range 75 to 1006 (many cup cars)

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Hope to see you at a future event. If you are interested in participating please make your intentions known as early as possible. Reply by email to Charlie and me -- DERegistrar@<hidden> (DERegistrar@<hidden>) and DEChair@<hidden> (DEChair@<hidden>)

Alan

fpol
06-07-2008, 06:06 PM
I've never run with PCA, how long are the sessions and how many per day? Without MM this year, I only have 2 June trackdays and I'm toying with the idea of going back to The Glen.

woodym3
06-08-2008, 07:47 AM
If you can take the time off during the week, the Delaware Valley Chapter (BMWCCA) is hosting a school at the Glen July 9-10.
http://www.delvalbmwcca.org/theglen.html

fpol
06-09-2008, 03:43 PM
I've been thinking about that, but I have TrackDaze at Summit 7/14-15 and it would make for an interesting 7 days.

Scotty
06-09-2008, 11:00 PM
If you can take the time off during the week, the Delaware Valley Chapter (BMWCCA) is hosting a school at the Glen July 9-10.
http://www.delvalbmwcca.org/theglen.html

Gotta get back to the Glen this season. :icon_danc

I know that NCC generally doesn't allow race cars at schools. Is this the rule with other chapters, too?

My car is no longer street legal or insured, but it's not quite ready for club racing yet...
:wallet:

woodym3
06-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Delaware Valley chapter does allow race cars, but I'd check directly with them about insurance requirements.

white911
06-10-2008, 11:26 AM
we (Potomac PCA) allow all levels of preparation. Plenty of space still available in all run groups.

Alan

Jenson Button
06-25-2008, 07:04 PM
I only recently began to play with them because they usually don't allow non Porches, but I have enjoyed working for them. If you are looking for the rare chance to run with Potomac, this is it. I imagine their red group is really flying at Watkins Glen!