PDA

View Full Version : Window tinting!

Zchild
04-16-2008, 01:07 PM
:icon_blah Hello gearheads and bimmer dreamers I needed to have my windshield replaced because some clown threw a beer bottle off an over-pass one evening while I driving home from Kent Island on Highway 50. Any-who, I need to have my new windshield tinted to the Maryland standard, therefore if anyone knows where in or around Howard County I can accomplish this task I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Happy Motoring...
:icon_poke

pseto
04-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Don't know any place in Columbia, but me and several e90 guys went to Driven Dynamics in Rockville to get tint work. Here's a link to get a real good deal on their gift certificate (actually there are a bunch of really good deals on this link).

http://wasdc-dd.clearchannel.com/cc-common/ddindex2.php

japac1
04-18-2008, 11:52 AM
+1 for DD

mcoupemindy
04-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Don't know any place in Columbia, but me and several e90 guys went to Driven Dynamics in Rockville to get tint work. Here's a link to get a real good deal on their gift certificate (actually there are a bunch of really good deals on this link).

http://wasdc-dd.clearchannel.com/cc-common/ddindex2.php

Have you seen the work?

Is it any good?

pseto
04-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Have you seen the work?

Is it any good?

Yes, I used them to tint my e92 and its not the easiest back window to tint b/c of the dots at the top. The tint film just doesnt adhere well to the window/dots and they were finally able to come up with a solution that looked good.

I recommend the 3M carbon tint they use and with the price of gift certificate, you can't beat it.

328iBMW
04-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the info guys. :)

328iBMW
05-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Yes, I used them to tint my e92 and its not the easiest back window to tint b/c of the dots at the top. The tint film just doesnt adhere well to the window/dots and they were finally able to come up with a solution that looked good.

I recommend the 3M carbon tint they use and with the price of gift certificate, you can't beat it.

What was the solution to the dots? I got a tint at DD last month and the tint near the dots is not adhereing at all.

pseto
05-30-2008, 09:55 PM
is Art still there? he's the one who did mine. he put on a black overlay that adhered to the dots with heat and then tint the rest normally.

328iBMW
06-09-2008, 12:35 PM
is Art still there? he's the one who did mine. he put on a black overlay that adhered to the dots with heat and then tint the rest normally.

I don't know if Art did it or not. A thin European guy tinted my car. I don't know if I really want to go back there again, ya know? I suppose I could call them.

onboost
06-10-2008, 11:48 AM
College Park Exit south from 495,Bright Yellow Building on Rt.1
side parking lot is where the Tint shop is. I've had several cars done by them. Very professional, excellent work that they stand behind.

Paul

martinj
08-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Just had my wife's 528 done at Driven Dynamics, they did a great job. Definitely recommend them.