PDA

View Full Version : Feb 7th NoVA Social - Carpool

pseto
01-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Last month at Carpool was great; a number of new faces showed up.

Again, we'll have our own designated area with pool table, so come on out :)

This is a great place to have a social and lots of good bar food & fun: pool, foosball, darts, & plasma TVs everywhere.

http://www.carpoolweb.com/CPH/index.html

Who's in?

pseto
01-23-2008, 05:23 PM
BTW - for those 'social' regulars (they know who they are), Carpool aint that much further away than Zodiac. its only a few exits off the toll road and easy to get to.

pseto
02-05-2008, 09:34 AM
bump for this Thursday's social...anyone else?

woodym3
02-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Myself and several other slackers that haven't signed up will be there Paul.
Woody

pseto
02-05-2008, 11:57 AM
great...new faces :)

Neil
02-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Myself and several other slackers that haven't signed up will be there Paul.
Woody

Slacker reporting in!

Neil

Scottz71
02-06-2008, 10:18 AM
i should be IN. No hockey this week due to injury, I'll limp my ass to Carpool's and support you Paul!

///MARINE
02-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Saida and I will try to make it. It sounds like good times.

pseto
02-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Great, great time tonight and an even better turnout :) We had 30 people sign my rollcall list, but from what I was told by some, we may have had even more!!!

Hopefully everyone enjoyed Carpool, I think its a great place to host a social.

Nice to meet all the new folks that came out, hopefully we'll see you again next month or sooner.

///MARINE
02-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Great times at Carpool last night! Thanks to Paul, Zach and everyone who came out last night. There had to be close to 45 people. The turnout was amazing and the food was great. Carpool is a great venue for motorheads; its the perfect setting to for talking DIY, Oktoberfest and One Lap (thanks Woody and Neil)! See you all at the next event.

woodym3
02-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Orlando, don't tell me you came all the way from Solomons Island. If so, you are ready for the One Lap!

pseto
02-08-2008, 10:57 AM
thats a long trek, and I thought I came the furthest

///MARINE
02-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Yes Sir,

I did drive up from Solomon's Island, even though I had to be at work at 0630 this morning! I love to drive and I had a great time so it was a win, win. Perhaps I am ready to use the Force...

woodym3
02-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Just curious: when I left the Carpool last night there were two 335is parked in front. One didn't appear to have any rear license tag. The other had a Euro common maket tag. Did they belong to our group? Any explanation?

///MARINE
02-08-2008, 11:27 AM
I noticed them as well. There WAS a small paper temp tag inside the back windshield of car on the left with no plates. There was a new member named Zach (not our VP Zack Pullins, Sr.) who said he drove a 2008 328i. He never mentioned the color but it might have been one of those cars (presuming the car was debadged).

ladydi
02-08-2008, 12:48 PM
I can tell you that the "new" Zach has South Carolina plates on his car. BTW, he's been involved with BMWCCA for YEARS; his parents have been members in SC but he just hooked up with this chapter. Just some background info. Yes, I ask a lot of question...

pseto
02-08-2008, 01:19 PM
The Barbera Red 335i coupe was Bimmernupe and he's a part of our group too. He has the European tags (with VA tags in the back window), but he's gonna have to explain his setup :)

bimmernupe
02-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Just curious: when I left the Carpool last night there were two 335is parked in front. One didn't appear to have any rear license tag. The other had a Euto common maket tag. Did they belong to our group? Any explanation?

I noticed them as well. There WAS a small paper temp tag inside the back windshield of car on the left with no plates. There was a new member named Zach (not our VP Zack Pullins, Sr.) who said he drove a 2008 328i. He never mentioned the color but it might have been one of those cars (presuming the car was debadged).

That was my 335 w/ the Euro temp tag. I'm a little :frown: as last evening was my final day with the tag on the car. The MD temp tag that was in the window expired and I had to get the VA inspection sticker this morning and the plates went on soon after they arrived today.
I wanted to enjoy the Euro tag here in the US after the car was redelivered after my Euro Delivery in October. AWESOME EXPERIENCE:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: