PDA

View Full Version : 2008 DIY #1 Feedback

Munchenman2
01-16-2008, 10:26 PM
DIYers & kibitzers,

National Capital Chapter 2008 DIY #1 will be Saturday, January 19th at Convenience Car Care in Manassas, VA. Registration is closed, and we have asked our registered attendees to post a comment about their DIY experience via this thread.

Cheers,
Alan der Cur...:eek:

Car54
01-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Where can we post suggestions for future DIY events?

Slamdunkpro
01-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Not to sound whiny, but where was this posted? It's not on the calendar, this is the first post that I've seen about it and it's a post announcing that registration is closed.

Hard to sign up if you don't know about it.:mad:

1996 328ti
01-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Not to sound whiny, but where was this posted? It's not on the calendar, this is the first post that I've seen about it and it's a post announcing that registration is closed.

Hard to sign up if you don't know about it.:mad:
We make every effort to keep members up-to-date.

They are posted on the website.
http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?diy

People started registering Dec 29.

It was in the monthly email dated 12/16.
January
3, Carpool (Herndon, VA)
6, Karting League Round 2 (2:30 PM)
10, Houlihans (Columbia, MD)
13, Karting League Round 3 (2:30 PM)
17, Zodiac Grill (Gaithersburg, MD)

19, Annual Holiday Party and Membership Meeting
Blair Mansion Inn (Silver Spring MD)
Dinner $35.00/person.
Reservations now being accepted
http://www.nccbmwcca.org/holiday

19, DIY @<hidden> Convenience Car Care (Manassas, VA)
20, Karting League Round 4 (2:30 PM)

bimmernupe
01-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Although I did nothing on my car, it was great meeting people with similar interests in BMW and cars in general (Fiance is tired of anything BMW, had to to deal with ED process over the last year). Had a great time and will definitely attend more DIYs even it it is to hold pass someone a tool. LOL

pseto
01-20-2008, 09:00 AM
More than we needed to know. There's ED, and then there's ED.

LOL

Swooper
01-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Timmy, Danny, Derek, Matt and the rest of the crew at Convenience Car Care were great. Can't wait for the next one.

bimmernupe
01-20-2008, 12:35 PM
More than we needed to know. There's ED, and then there's ED.

So funny I forgot to laugh:icon_fing:biggrin:. ED=European Delivery

Zchild
01-20-2008, 02:51 PM
:icon_blah What's left to be said, but Wow, what an awesome staff, an awesome shop and an awesome owner. Convenience Car Car is one of the best facilities because they earnestly, sincerely care about their customers and love their local club. I personally love to be in a place where I don't feel like I'm in the way and everytime I step into Convenience I feel like I'm right at home. It may be 60 miles away but my bimmer sure loves the trip because Sally Sue knows that the folks at CCC truely appreciate The National Capital Chapter and all of it's members. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
:icon_poke

orb0554
01-21-2008, 10:04 PM
I had a chance to replace my rear wheel bearings on my E30 thanks to Convenience Care Care staff. CCC's Danny provided guidance and assistance as needed. Also thanks to fellow NCC member, William Baughman, for his assistance in getting my E30 put back together with plenty of time left to make the Annual Holiday Party and Membership Meeting.

1996 328ti
01-26-2008, 10:14 AM

Hard to sign up if you don't know about it.:mad:Registration is now open for DIY #2. ;)
http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=156,1165,0,0,1,0