PDA

View Full Version : Spring Tour '08 overnight tour?

1996 328ti
12-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Spring Tour (April 26/April 27, 2008)

Any interest in an overnight tour to the Maryland or Virginia Eastern Shore?

pseto
12-16-2007, 06:33 PM
absolutely, but depends on the dates

MMMGood
12-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Sounds good.

Zchild
12-16-2007, 06:38 PM
:icon_blah I've already got the weekend of the 26th of April circled on my 2008 calendar. We've been on the last two tours and I've got to say we're hooked. They provide excellent open roads, great food and outstanding fellowship. I don't plan to ever miss a tour in the future, I'm trying to convince the tourmeisters to think about a tour to Octoberfest at Watkins Glen, New York. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
:icon_poke

SpongeBob
12-16-2007, 08:27 PM
I picked the best date that did not conflict with currently scheduled club events and Mothers' Day.....please all --spread the word. I need to know whether we can get enough participation to justify an overnight event.

Signed - Spring and Summer Tourmeister.

Perry Luzwick
12-16-2007, 08:39 PM
We blocked the last weekend in April on our calendars.

Susan and Perry Luzwick

vwgarlo
12-16-2007, 08:56 PM
We are very interested. We love the tours.:tongue:

Bigg Fella
12-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Being a new member, I would love to participate in any upcoming tours, meet others who share my passion and drive on some nice roads for a change.

1987 325iC
12-16-2007, 10:11 PM
We very much enjoyed the Fall Tour to Wisp (our first) and are looking forward to participating again in April.

330x
12-16-2007, 10:50 PM
You bet. Bob has promised us a really good time. PAJ and I are looking forward to it.

DougD
12-17-2007, 07:01 AM
If we are open the date of the tour, we are in! Great people, great fun!

wsp8
12-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Yep, we're in.

JohnGarziglia
12-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Gale and I would love to do it. I have blocked off the dates in my calendar.

Let's think carefully about any drive through Delaware -- I still have memories of many years ago of speed traps there to catch the unwary going one mph over the limit. Perhaps the state has changed?

pseto
12-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Gale and I would love to do it. I have blocked off the dates in my calendar.

Let's think carefully about any drive through Delaware -- I still have memories of many years ago of speed traps there to catch the unwary going one mph over the limit. Perhaps the state has changed?

Wow, a lot of new people posting to the message board. I'm hoping that you all will look around at the other threads to see what else is going on in the chapter (hint hint HOLIDAY PARTY!!!!)

As far as Delaware is concerned, you can let us folks with V1s lead the pack to keep some people out of trouble :)

woodym3
12-17-2007, 11:30 AM
I picked the best date that did not conflict with currently scheduled club events and Mothers' Day.....
Signed - Spring and Summer Tourmeister.

April 26-27 only has Rolex Grand-Am and Koni Challenge races at VIR, MARRS races at Summit Point, our own autocross school, and a Delaware Valley Chapter school on the Jefferson Circuit. Right now I know of nothing scheduled for April 19-20.

Scany
12-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Sounds like fun, but Bimmerfest 2008 is the following weekend (for those of us that plans on taking the trip to CA).

J. Skeim
12-17-2007, 08:27 PM
A Spring tour should be a great time..... We are looking forward to it.

330cic0539
12-18-2007, 06:11 PM
An overnight sounds great! It seems like the Fall tour was fun but unfortunately I missed it. Yes, I agree watch out for speed traps - paid a good sized ticket this year in Denton Maryland on my way to Dewey Beach.

Wildcats64
12-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Bob/Miriam:

Count Colette & me in for the Spring Tour. Sounds like another good time. Come on, Spring.

lurch09
01-05-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm in. I've only done one before i moved here and loved it.

Algeroth79
01-06-2008, 09:31 PM
I just joined. Me and my wife might be interested in this tour. can someone describe the experience. It will be around my B-day and I will have to decided between driving the Bimmer or taking the Cherokee out for some wheeling.

1996 328ti
01-06-2008, 09:39 PM
I just joined. Me and my wife might be interested in this tour. can someone describe the experience. It will be around my B-day and I will have to decided between driving the Bimmer or taking the Cherokee out for some wheeling.You can get an idea of past tours here. (http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?tours_past_events)

But generally everyone meets at a location. Sometimes two.
Everyone is given route instructions. Some people travel in a caravan, others go at their own pace. There usually is a rest stop an hour or two into the drive depending on how far the destination is. Lunch and dinner is usually arranged. Sometimes site seeing too. Roads are those less traveled.

SpongeBob
01-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Why don't you and your wife join us on Jan 19 for the annual meeting evening event? It is a fun time, and you can talk to more members who tour - race - and all the other things our club supports.....

The spring overnight tour will likely take in several areas of the Maryland and Virginia eastern shores. There may NOT be too many "roads less traveled"....there ain't that many roads.....

But it is a guaranteed fun time.

Bob Stern -- 2/3 of the NCCBMWCCA tourmeister team.

bimmernupe
01-06-2008, 11:47 PM
Now that I finally have recuperated from my ED and PCD experiences, I am in for this. Any excuse to drive.

ladydi
01-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Count me in. I'm up for anything that involves the beach or somewhere close by...

Algeroth79
01-08-2008, 10:37 AM
1996 328ti Thanks. That sounds like fun I will see if we can make the Tour.

SpongeBOb thanks for the invite. What time and where is the meeting? My E30 would love to be parked a round a few more Bimmers then it normaly sees.

SpongeBob
01-08-2008, 11:10 AM
1996 328ti Thanks. That sounds like fun I will see if we can make the Tour.

SpongeBOb thanks for the invite. What time and where is the meeting? My E30 would love to be parked a round a few more Bimmers then it normaly sees.

:::Just click on the January 19, 2008 event listed on our home page:::::

///MARINE
01-08-2008, 03:22 PM
We will be there! The last tour was so much fun my face hurt from laughing and smiling. We had a blast! The tours are crafted my Master artisans who ensure that your BMW gets the workout it longs for during your bumper to bumper trips to and from work everyday. If you haven't participated in a tour before... now is the time to start. We are definetly in favor of the overnight stay as well.

Clarese
01-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Sounds great!!

tgmeyer
01-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Hmmmm....

Rickytwinturbo
01-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Im new here,i live in Virginia Beach,Virginia...i love the idea,plz...looking foward to meet you guys on a tour !!!!!!!

RTT.

SpongeBob
01-20-2008, 09:14 PM
All - the Spring tour will be April 26 and 27, 2008. That much I am almost sure. I am rapidly learning that finding a location to properly and safely park, feed, drink, and house our happy tour group of more than 50 cars and 100 people is less than an easy task. I erred in not starting my search last October...not January. Of the four facilities capable of handling us located in the area of Easton/St. Michaels/Cambridge, Maryland - two are already booked, one is highly unlikely, and one is highly unreasonable.

The trip from Annapolis to the areas of Ocean City or Rehoboth Beach is flat, boring, and not worthy of an NCCBMWCCA tour. Miriam and I found all this out last Wednesday and Thursday when we traveled those areas...even in the snow with the top UP.

Monday, I travel to the Amish area of Pennsylvania to continue my search.

Mark your calendars...and stay tuned.

SpongeBob - definitely a Junior Tourmeister

woodym3
01-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Bob,
You might consider going down through Charles and St Mary's (?) counties, across the 301 bridge, and then on towards the bay around Yorktown or Urbana (Tides Inn). I've done a tour (twice) from Oxon Hill to Ingleside Winery at Oak Grove and found lots of good driving roads.
Sorry you and Miriam had to miss the dinner last night.
Woody

SpongeBob
01-20-2008, 11:21 PM
It was on my short list. Problem with room cost being sightly higher than I wanted to propose to members. Even with a group discount......I will keep hunting....

PS: The boss is doing better....likely will not go with me tomorrow to check out PA sites.

Thanks...

330cic0539
01-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Bob,

I read Woodie's post and I agree that the Ingleside Winery is a great place. I have been there on Mother's Day and they did a great job with the tastings and tours for a large crowd. They aslo have a large parking area. They do have a rather large outdoor area for socializing and for eating. I do not know what they are capable of supplying but if they are not booked I am almost positive they could handle a group of our size. Now as far as accomodations maybe the Tappahannock or Warsaw areas might be able to accomodate - if not, it is not too far a drive to return home. The roads out there are great for motoring and there are many little areas that people can explore if they choose so.

Scott

Here are some websites of the area www.inglesidevineyards.com (http://www.inglesidevineyards.com) or www.northenneckwinetrail.com (http://www.northenneckwinetrail.com)

SpongeBob
01-22-2008, 10:03 PM
ALL - April 26 Overnight tour will start at TATE BMW in Annapolis MD. We will then travel East and North and overnight in Lancaster PA. More data will be coming - so watch your email and this board.

SPECIAL EFFORT - The club member traveling the farthest to get to the start point will receive special recognition. The tour reservation, when posted, will include a place for your mileage from home to TATE BMW. "Mapquest" numbers will be required to validate your claim There will also be special recognition for the oldest car on the tour. LASTLY - the Resort will have restricted parking for only our cars. I am holding an area for 100 cars - so that should hold at least 75 BMWs......

Any questions - post them here or email me...

Zchild
01-23-2008, 08:11 AM
:icon_blah I love this plan and I really appreciate you recognizing a few select individuals in this event. I'd like us to consider an Eagle Award for the folks get lost the least a Turtle Award for the last car in and a Ferret Award for the folks who get lost the most. These could be certificates. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
:icon_poke