PDA

View Full Version : Bodywork

Scany
10-01-2007, 05:43 PM
My gf scratched up the left rear door today and I need someone to fix it :frown:. I might also drop my unpainted bumper in with it, but I need someplace that will do a good quality job without having to pay too much. BMW of Arlington I guess is my current place, but I wasn't that satisfied with their "diagnostics" earlier when I had the car in there.

thanks!

pseto
10-01-2007, 06:20 PM
My gf scratched up the left rear door today and I need someone to fix it :frown:. I might also drop my unpainted bumper in with it, but I need someplace that will do a good quality job without having to pay too much. BMW of Arlington I guess is my current place, but I wasn't that satisfied with their "diagnostics" earlier when I had the car in there.

thanks!

i assume u got rid of said gf. if not, you have your track car now :)

j/k of course.

see who BMW of Arlington uses as their vendor and go directly to them

Scany
10-04-2007, 08:10 AM
:)

You don't think BMW does their own bodywork?

pseto
10-04-2007, 08:39 AM
all the dealerships that i know in this area contract the work out

jhm5
10-04-2007, 11:13 AM
>>a good quality job without having to pay too much.

you'll probaby have to pay for a quality job, but at any rate, arlington's shop is First Choice -- an excellent shop, good to work with. close by is another excellent shop, pricey, Wagonwork.

slantsixm3
10-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Lots of people go right down the street to Wagonwerk, and have good results. Prices are industry average, turnaround time a bit long, due to their popularity.
http://www.wagonwork.com

No interest, never been a customer. All I know I heard on the Internet...

- Joel Bossard

Scany
10-04-2007, 02:37 PM
I got an estimate from first choice of about $1200 for the repair. 15 hours to fix the bodywork.

On the other hand I can buy a door from a 540i for $300+shipping. the dorr is tinted(mine not), needs a rubber gasket, transfer the windows engine and interior. The vertical panel towards the B-pillar is also somewhat loose on the door for sale. The paint seems to be about as mine was before the "crash". So the door needs some parts transferred from my original door. Do you think I should buy the door and replace it? Of course there's the risk of getting a door that's not up to par, but there's also almost $800 difference. And I guess I should be able to do the swap in 10 hours at least.

I can't make up my mind..

Barry
10-04-2007, 07:05 PM

thanks!

Go to Springfield Auto Body. They sponsor my racecar.
Call Jim Scott (Owner) there on (703) 569-5055 and tell him I referred you.
He's done more than a few BMW's from folks on this forum.
His work is first rate and his pricing is good.
Barry

Scany
10-05-2007, 03:23 PM
I ended up making a deal and buying the door from a wrecked 540i. Thanks though Barry for the suggestion. I appreciate it!

OwnedbyDuncan
10-06-2007, 05:13 AM
Hope you took the cost out your gf's shoe budget. A few less Jimmy Choo's or MB's will teach her to be more careful. Best not to tkae it out of the lingerie budget.

Dave Apker and the collies