06-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Like the title says-anyone interested?

Doby
06-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Best ball works for me :D

schosports
06-30-2004, 02:03 PM
Meredith and I are down.
Don't tell her but I'm making her a hockey stick putter.

Jed
06-30-2004, 02:25 PM
Meredith and I are down.
Don't tell her but I'm making her a hockey stick putter.

HAHAHAHAHA! Like the Odyessey putter in Happy Gilmour!

John D-

I didn't know you played golf. Unless that is the reason you like the best ball format.

Doby
06-30-2004, 02:26 PM
Last time was on my Bachelor Party, and I broke my driver and 3 iron. :(

Jed
06-30-2004, 04:44 PM
Last time was on my Bachelor Party, and I broke my driver and 3 iron. :(

Because they were shoddily made or because you were trashed?

Jed
06-30-2004, 04:47 PM
Well, there are several courses that come to mind:

Pine Ridge (Towson)
Timbers of Troy (Elkridge/Columbia)
Diamond Ridge (Woodlawn)
Woodlands (the 2nd course at Diamond Ridge-nicer course)
Queenstown (past the Bay Bridge-this looks like an AWESOME course)

Timbers is a very nice course, a bit on the short side-I generally play from the tips on that one.

robmarch
06-30-2004, 05:03 PM
sounds like fun. I play diamond ridge every thursday, but have never played the woodlands.

Pine ridge is pretty nice too, but I've only played there once, in the winter.

Jed
06-30-2004, 05:16 PM
sounds like fun. I play diamond ridge every thursday, but have never played the woodlands.

Pine ridge is pretty nice too, but I've only played there once, in the winter.

Woodlands is a tighter course-pretty nice though. Greens and fairways are kept very well.

I used to be a hard core golfer. I'd play while it was snowing or any kind of weather.

robmarch
06-30-2004, 05:48 PM
I know what you mean. I've played a few times when there was a chance of rain. That's hanging it out, bigtime.

Fred
06-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Assuming no conflict with MARRS weekend at Summit Point, I'd be interested.

Jed
06-30-2004, 08:01 PM
Assuming no conflict with MARRS weekend at Summit Point, I'd be interested.

Sounds great Fred, love to have you along. Right now, trying to gauge the number of golfers here in NCC. It is going to take some figuring out since some of us have autox and DEs on weekends.

Fred
06-30-2004, 11:42 PM
Right now, trying to gauge the number of golfers here in NCC.

You're looking for golfers? Ah, I'm just a guy with some clubs.

Doby
07-01-2004, 07:40 AM
Hey, we could go to the golf course that's right next to Ripken Stadium. :D

Pete
07-01-2004, 09:33 AM
I'm interested. I need to get out and play some more.

Pete

Jed
07-01-2004, 04:04 PM
Right now, trying to gauge the number of golfers here in NCC.

You're looking for golfers? Ah, I'm just a guy with some clubs.

So, like me! What I play resembles golf. Or so I am told.

Maverick
07-18-2004, 06:29 AM
I'm in...and the golf course next to Ripken is the Wetlands...very wide open but very cheap, but I'm up for any course(cept maybe the one by Bay Bridge)

Jed
07-19-2004, 03:07 PM
I'm in...and the golf course next to Ripken is the Wetlands...very wide open but very cheap, but I'm up for any course(cept maybe the one by Bay Bridge)

There is supposed to be some upscale course up near there where you get your own caddies.

Have you ever played Geneva Farms out near Bel Air? I used to play there years ago. Very young and VERY open course.

07-20-2004, 09:59 AM
Hey there!

Just joined the forum here... always up for some golf - if it hasn't happened already. Pine Ridge is cool - used to play there a lot when I lived in Columbia. Diamond Ridge has had some crime issues didn't they (the guys I was paired up with the last time I was there said they were held up at gun point on the 16th)?

Not to get too anal but - best ball or scramble? I only ask 'cause people tend to interchange them... I actually favor best ball as you get more bang for the buck, but it does take longer in terms of time...

Jed
07-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Hey there!

Just joined the forum here... always up for some golf - if it hasn't happened already. Pine Ridge is cool - used to play there a lot when I lived in Columbia. Diamond Ridge has had some crime issues didn't they (the guys I was paired up with the last time I was there said they were held up at gun point on the 16th)?

Not to get too anal but - best ball or scramble? I only ask 'cause people tend to interchange them... I actually favor best ball as you get more bang for the buck, but it does take longer in terms of time...

Hahahahaha! Nice screen name! Tommy Tutone!

I prefer best ball over a scramble.