PDA

View Full Version : Steven Schlossman STILL getting the job done!

John in VA
07-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Approximately one month ago I contacted the chapter's new membership chairman by e-mail re: obtaining my 25-year club anniversary pin (uninterrupted membership, mind you!) - never heard back from him.
Today I received a padded envelope from BMW CCA HQ with the pin and a "hello" note from Steven enclosed. Thanks for the great work you do!

1996 328ti
07-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Thanks John but in actuality I run a report each month and mail out ~500 membership pins to members. I noticed your name and added a few extra goodies. Don't tell anyone. ;)

mlytle
07-18-2007, 09:39 PM
what is a membership pin? with a member number of 32847, i must be eligible for SOMETHING...:)

1996 328ti
07-18-2007, 09:43 PM
what is a membership pin? with a member number of 32847, i must be eligible for SOMETHING...:)I'll see what I can do.

Real M3
07-19-2007, 08:01 AM
what is a membership pin? with a member number of 32847, i must be eligible for SOMETHING...:)

Uh, Marshall, you're just a youngster! Now some of us have been around a little longer, Woody, John H., Klaus, and myself to name a few!

Chuck
Charter Member of the Old Fa&t Club:biggrin:

Rafgar
07-19-2007, 11:29 AM

A little sympathy, maybe? :)

Don't worry, I'm right behind you. I recently received my 20 year pin and my number's just a little higher than yours.

CharlieR
07-19-2007, 12:39 PM
I've been a continuous member since 1969 (member #105), even won the first Oktoberfest autocross in 1970 at Boston, but for some totally inexplicable reason, my membership card says "member since 1988".

I even have early 70's Bavaria Raffle tickets still in my desk drawer!

I guess I'm just a computer database victim... oh well....

Drive on!

- Charlie Richardson
Fallston, MD

1996 328ti
07-19-2007, 01:53 PM
I've been a continuous member since 1969 (member #105), even won the first Oktoberfest autocross in 1970 at Boston, but for some totally inexplicable reason, my membership card says "member since 1988".

I even have early 70's Bavaria Raffle tickets still in my desk drawer!

I guess I'm just a computer database victim... oh well....

Drive on!

- Charlie Richardson
Fallston, MDIt's difficult to pinpoint original join date that far back.
You are listed in a ledger but there were never any dates associated. It was just a one name after another. If you know what your join date is I'd be happy to update your membership card.

Marshall, a pin is in the mail. ;)
I'm estimating your original join date to be 10/15/1982, give or take a few weeks.

mlytle
07-19-2007, 03:23 PM
It's difficult to pinpoint original join date that far back.
You are listed in a ledger but there were never and dates associated. It was just a one name after another. If you know what your join date is I'd be happy to update your membership card.

Marshall, a pin is in the mail. ;)
I'm estimating your original join date to be 10/15/1982, give or take a few weeks.

thanks! that is pretty darn close to the right date. like charlie, my membership card "member since" date is a couple of decades off. says 2002. maybe it refers to the model of the first car i had, or the model that i would like to own again someday...:)

and yes, i am a mere youngster compared to the esteemed elders in this chapter. like charlie, chuck, klaus, woody, john and phil ackley. i'm not worthy!! ;)

dbonner
07-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Approximately one month ago I contacted the chapter's new membership chairman by e-mail re: obtaining my 25-year club anniversary pin (uninterrupted membership, mind you!) - never heard back from him.
Today I received a padded envelope from BMW CCA HQ with the pin and a "hello" note from Steven enclosed. Thanks for the great work you do!

Forget South Carolina. Steven would still be getting the job done if he were at the South Pole! :wink:

CharlieR
07-19-2007, 06:45 PM
It's difficult to pinpoint original join date that far back. You are listed in a ledger but there were never any dates associated. It was just a one name after another. If you know what your join date is I'd be happy to update your membership card.

I just dug around and found my old BMW binder, that has a letter from Michel Potheau (may he R.I.P.) that welcomes me January 18, 1970. So I guess I was wrong about 1969.... Oh well...

- Charlie Richardson
BMW CCA # 105

jhm5
07-20-2007, 08:39 PM
I love this thread - makes me feel so young.
I didn't think geezers knew about web sites, message boards and such.

John H.
November 1975

ase2dais
07-21-2007, 07:14 PM

Steven is a Great Guy, very responsive and accomodating. He continues to do a good job where ever he's at.

mlytle
07-26-2007, 12:23 PM
got pin and new membership card in the mail this week..THANKS steven!