PDA

View Full Version : July 28

woodym3
07-17-2007, 06:32 PM
I guess this also could have gone under the heading for Autocross, Racing, or Concours, but. . .
July 28 could be a car-filled day. First there's our chapter autocross in Manassas. Then run out to Summit Point to watch the BMW Club Race put on by the New Jersey Chapter. On the way home from the races stop in Purcellville for the annual car show:
http://www.summerthundercruisein.com/events.htm

maruscmn
07-18-2007, 08:30 AM
Why must i always be out of town during these weekends?

woodym3
07-27-2007, 11:16 AM
The BMW Club Races this weekend at Summit Point will mark the debut of RRT's C-Modified E46 323 to be driven by Barry Battle. Saturday's races are scheduled for 3:45 and 4:15. Qualifying runs will be earlier in the day. I don't have Sunday's schedule.

Dirichlet
07-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Go E46 323 !!!!! :d

John in VA
07-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Thanks to those that came out for the Cruise-in:
Bills Riblett & Williams
Alan Post
Zach Pullins
David and Patty Bowen

We had ~10 BMWs present, with an estimated 700 cars in attendance - we're gaining on them!!

Zchild
07-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Thanks to those that came out for the Cruise-in:
Bills Riblett & Williams
Alan Post
Zach Pullins
David and Patty Bowen

We had ~10 BMWs present, with an estimated 700 cars in attendance - we're gaining on them!!
Cruise-in at Purcellville is an outstanding event, it took a little doing, I didn't know that it was 95 miles between Columbia, MD and Purcellville, VA but my bimmer is much happier for the road trip. I also began socializing the idea with the 2002 dudes of a Vintage coral of their own at the Fall NCC event at PassPort BMW 21 Oct 2K7. All in all, I'm very glad I went to support the club and a few friends. Happy Motoring...

Jenson Button
07-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Barry Battle has quite a fun fight with a highly modifies E30. I wonder what was under the hood of that little car. I wonder if anyone got pics of the wreck on the front straight.

My sons enjoyed meeting the race car drivers and sitting in the driver's seats of real race cars.

Good to see Woody, Brian, Andy, Gerry, and many more from the NCC at the races.

I left my camera at home so no photos :o(

mlytle
07-30-2007, 10:41 AM
Barry Battle has quite a fun fight with a highly modifies E30. I wonder what was under the hood of that little car. I wonder if anyone got pics of the wreck on the front straight.

My sons enjoyed meeting the race car drivers and sitting in the driver's seats of real race cars.

Good to see Woody, Brian, Andy, Gerry, and many more from the NCC at the races.

I left my camera at home so no photos :o(

that was steve keefer's e30 318 with an s50 engine. really fast.

front straight wreck was an e46m3 that broke a control arm coming out of turn 10.

turn 9 wreck was e36 325 of chris turrissi. looked bad with it's rear end up on the tire wall but he raced sunday

turn 3 wreck sunday was e36 m3 blown motor, spun in oil into gravel. another car followed him in. caused 20+min delay in middle of race to clean it up.

it was a fun weekend of racing! i managed 1st in JP class both days.

OwnedbyDuncan
07-30-2007, 12:06 PM
I could hear the cars running over at the herding trial on Sunday. I was just too tired from moving sheep out of pens all day to stop by after the trial ended at 300pm. And then I caught the storms around Gilbert's Corner all the way home.

woodym3
07-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Barry Battle has quite a fun fight with a highly modifies E30. I wonder what was under the hood of that little car. o(

The second place car in Saturday's race was a 318i with a built S50 M3 engine. The car weighs 2,200 lbs with driver! It is owned/driven by Steve Kiefer from the Philly area.