PDA

View Full Version : Chapter toolbox? Real Ball joint Puller/Installler

jmlarson
07-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Hello all:

I was wondering if we have a chapter toolbox - one that is for chapter purchased and shared tool? If so, I need to change the rear ball joints of a '96 e38 and need a ball joint puller and spindle set (i have the part #'s). If not, does anyone have them who would be willing to share? Anybody want to practice on my vehicle with me? I was thinking this weekend if the parts get here in time, else at the next DIY session.

Regards
James Larson

tgmeyer
07-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Hello all:

I was wondering if we have a chapter toolbox - one that is for chapter purchased and shared tool? If so, I need to change the rear ball joints of a '96 e38 and need a ball joint puller and spindle set (i have the part #'s). If not, does anyone have them who would be willing to share? Anybody want to practice on my vehicle with me? I was thinking this weekend if the parts get here in time, else at the next DIY session.

Regards
James Larson

Contact Zac Pullins, our DIY Co-Chair and VP about this. I know from experience from my time with the Mercedes-Benz Club DIY that we did NOT have club tools for many, many reasons.
Tom

1996 328ti
07-18-2007, 04:04 PM
The logistics of a chapter toolbox would be difficult.
Tools will tend to grow legs or wheels.
Our chapter covers such a wide region also.
There are many people willing to lend specialty tools.
All you need to do is ask.
You can also try the regional section on bimmerforums.

AlfaEric
07-19-2007, 04:15 PM
The logistics of a chapter toolbox would be difficult.
Tools will tend to grow legs or wheels.
Our chapter covers such a wide region also.
There are many people willing to lend specialty tools.
All you need to do is ask.
You can also try the regional section on bimmerforums.
Link to MAR loaner tool thread on Bimmerforums:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436053

---Eric