PDA

View Full Version : Dinan Upgrades

cspangl1
06-08-2007, 06:44 AM
I have a 2003 Z4 2.5. I am considering installing the Dinan performance upgrade package that includes the ram air intake, software upgrade and free-flow exhaust system. I am interested to know if anyone has any experience and feedback on this sort of upgrade (cost, performance improvements, issues, etc.)

Please reply to this post or to me directly at cspangl1@<hidden>

Thanks,
Chuck

Dirichlet
06-08-2007, 09:31 AM
My $.02... WAAAAYYYY too much money for what you get. Shop around a bit (bimmerworld, bavauto, turner motorport, etc.) and you'll find that you can get equal (or better) upgrades for much, much less. Don't waste your money on Dinan - IMHO

wnelms
06-08-2007, 10:55 AM
If warranty is a concern I would select Dinan, otherwise you may find comparable equipment for less. I had the performance engine and transmission software installed and love them. In my opinion, most alternatives cannot properly manage BMW electronics!

If I do CAI and exhaust, I will probably go eslewhere. Warranty and reliable are concerns of mine since I own a CPO with the extended maintanence package.

OwnedbyDuncan
06-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Jim Conforti's software and intake is superior to anything Dinan has. Dinan back in the early 90's used to cut up a stock BMW exhaust and remove a little sound deadening and then resell it at 2-3x the cost. Hopefully their customer service has gotten better. Hi I am interesting in your suspension package for my E30 can you give me your spring rates. No that is proprietary info. Gee that is too bad before I drop serious money I want to make sure your springs meet my needs and just dont lower the car and are no stiffer than stock. I guess I will buy somewhere else. Thanks.

Try Bimmerworld and Turner. Even with Dinan you probably end fighting with NA anyhow!

Dave APker and the collies