PDA

View Full Version : Green Turtle?

Zchild
06-05-2007, 08:48 PM
:icon_blah I've recently heard from two members who are very interested in moving the June 21st Social from Gaithersburg/Zodiac Grill to Columbia/Green Turtle. I personally live in Columbia and can make either location, but to be fair we have been to The Zodiac Grill the past two socials and a change of venue is in order. I just need to know if this is of interest to any of the members in Maryland. Please respond to this post if you would like to see a change in venue for the June social. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
:icon_poke

Biggins
06-05-2007, 09:31 PM
I'm up for whatever... I'm now closer to Columbia than Germanburg.

pseto
06-06-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm up for whatever... I'm now closer to Columbia than Germanburg.

Where's Germanburg? :) It must be the area between Germantown and Gaithersburg, never thought about calling it that, but its pretty funny.

Zach, I was the one who brought it up to Tim, and Steven suggested maybe have 2 socials in June if I remember right. I thought it would be nice to have something closer to Baltimore since they get left out most of the time.

Also, a new On the Border is opening up in Columbia in July for possible future events.

More people chime in for Columbia please.

X5Michelle
06-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Where's Germanburg? :) It must be the area between Germantown and Gaithersburg, never thought about calling it that, but its pretty funny.

Zach, I was the one who brought it up to Tim, and Steven suggested maybe have 2 socials in June if I remember right. I thought it would be nice to have something closer to Baltimore since they get left out most of the time.

Also, a new On the Border is opening up in Columbia in July for possible future events.

More people chime in for Columbia please.
CHIMING IN!!!!

SpongeBob
06-06-2007, 07:09 PM
and double chime for our attempts to get more Baltimore area members active

Clarese
06-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Chime here, too!

dougmoney
06-08-2007, 01:58 PM
If I'm free I'd go to either.

Dirichlet
06-08-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm chiming for Columbia... anything close to B-more makes me happy... although I don't actually have an operable car at this time... I got rear-ended last week
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/fourierxfm/IMG_0526.jpg

X5Michelle
06-08-2007, 06:10 PM
although I don't actually have an operable car at this time... I got rear-ended last week
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/fourierxfm/IMG_0526.jpg
That sucks. :(

Scotty
06-09-2007, 11:01 AM
I've missed the last two in a row and the Zodiac is practically in my back yard. :frown:

Still, I'd go to Columbia. What the heck?

(By the way, it's "G Town". :biggrin: And, if you like, "G Burg".)

TMB_540i
06-09-2007, 02:41 PM
I would like to see the Social moved to the Columbia area as well. I work in Greenbelt so it is a short jump down 95 and then about a 15 minute drive home.

Tom

Clarese
06-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Is this thing going to happen? If so, what time?

orijinal_poser
06-20-2007, 10:02 AM
i'd be down for columbia as well.........seeing as i'm 5 minutes away :)

Zchild
06-20-2007, 03:50 PM
:icon_blah Attention all Green Turtle bimmer dreamers, I've been notified by Tim the Social Director that the Green Turtle in Columbia, MD is a go for Thursday 21 June, therefore I will be at the Green Turtle the festivities generally begin around 7:00 local. See you there! Happy Motoring...

1996 328ti
06-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Will anyone be at Zodiac since it's still on the calendar?

Biggins
06-20-2007, 10:18 PM
I'll be at Zodiac, and maybe I'll stop by Green Turtle later on if no one shows up at Zodiac...

AlfaEric
06-20-2007, 11:56 PM
I'll be at Zodiac, and maybe I'll stop by Green Turtle later on if no one shows up at Zodiac...

We are holding one at both locations tomorrow. I'll be at Zodiac. We will try to not have conflicting MD socials next month. :)

---Eric

SpongeBob
06-21-2007, 07:23 AM
And - with no current conflict with AUTO X on that day - I will have plenty information on the August 11 Summer Tour.....

brico
06-21-2007, 07:35 AM
to make it to Zodiac this evening. I'm assuming that it is still on since it's on the calendar

Brian

Clarese
06-21-2007, 08:51 AM
We'll be at the Turtle. Looking forward to it.

AlfaEric
06-21-2007, 08:53 AM
to make it to Zodiac this evening. I'm assuming that it is still on since it's on the calendar

Brian

Yes, we are holding one at both Zodiac and the Green Turtle.

---Eric

pseto
06-21-2007, 08:54 AM
Good to see people wanting to do the Turtle. Hopefully it'll get the Baltimore folks more involved with the chapter. Also, maybe we can either alternate the Turtle and Zodiac or have 2 socials a month. 1st and 3rd Thur of each month, maybe? :)

AlfaEric
06-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Good to see people wanting to do the Turtle. Hopefully it'll get the Baltimore folks more involved with the chapter. Also, maybe we can either alternate the Turtle and Zodiac or have 2 socials a month. 1st and 3rd Thur of each month, maybe? :)
That's the plan... We are going to work out the details/scheduling after this event.

---Eric

Zchild
06-21-2007, 09:36 AM
:icon_blah Thanks Eric for providing timely information, there will be tow socials this evening one at Zodiac as well as one at Green Turtle, we discussed this at the BOD Meeting last night and will deconflict the dates but will offer two Maryland socials if the club members will continue to support tow in Maryland, we are also working on setting up a Virginia date that doesn't conflict with the Maryland dates, we are currently looking at Tuesdays. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...

AlfaEric
06-21-2007, 10:21 AM
:icon_blah Thanks Eric for providing timely information, there will be tow socials this evening one at Zodiac as well as one at Green Turtle, we discussed this at the BOD Meeting last night and will deconflict the dates but will offer two Maryland socials if the club members will continue to support tow in Maryland, we are also working on setting up a Virginia date that doesn't conflict with the Maryland dates, we are currently looking at Tuesdays. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
How about the 2nd Wed. of the month? We can have it at Roy's house. :wink:

---Eric

lax01
06-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Good to meet the people that went to Zodiac...thanks for sitting that up Eric!

Now i have to pick up my drunk sister from the Metro

AlfaEric
06-22-2007, 12:52 AM
Good to meet the people that went to Zodiac...thanks for sitting that up Eric!

Now i have to pick up my drunk sister from the Metro

Nice meeting everyone/seeing everyone again.

Your drunk sister still made it home before I did. :icon_drun Next time let her know it's ladies night at the Zodiac. It will cut down on your driving. :tongue:

---Eric

pseto
06-22-2007, 08:45 AM
Good time at the Turtle last night. Great to meet a few new faces and look forward to more Turtle events going forward :)

We'll get it on the calendar since we picked July 12 as our next social (every 2nd Thur of the month) as to not coincide with the Zodiac.

X5Michelle
06-23-2007, 12:05 AM
We'll get it on the calendar since we picked July 12 as our next social (every 2nd Thur of the month) as to not coincide with the Zodiac.
I'll be in Denver. :mad:

lax01
06-27-2007, 10:18 AM
So since the calendar entry on the homepage doesn't say a time, should we assume its 7PM also? I'm going to try to make it...I just don't know what time I'll get home that day...so I might be there by 7:30-8

Zchild
06-27-2007, 02:02 PM
So since the calendar entry on the homepage doesn't say a time, should we assume its 7PM also? I'm going to try to make it...I just don't know what time I'll get home that day...so I might be there by 7:30-8
:icon_blah You are correct, however for the record socials begin at 7:00PM, but you will be welcome at whatever time you arrive on the scene. I will be there early as usual to greet the early arrivals, see you there! Happy Motoring...