PDA

View Full Version : Scca Racing

Barry
04-05-2007, 08:18 AM
The first SCCA race in the NE for 2007 will be the National at Summit Point on April 15th.
I'll be competing in SSC.
Anyone else??
Barry

mlytle
04-05-2007, 11:40 AM
i am tempted to run my ITR car in DP, but will be at vir for a bmwcca race that weekend.

first scca regional race at summit is 28-29 apr. will be at that one.

Barry
05-05-2007, 07:28 AM
i am tempted to run my ITR car in DP, but will be at vir for a bmwcca race that weekend.

first scca regional race at summit is 28-29 apr. will be at that one.

How did you do at the race??
Barry

mlytle
05-05-2007, 06:50 PM
How did you do at the race??
Barry

second, by less than half second. we were nose to tail for the entire race. i did get the fast lap though...by 3/100's of a second. great fun.

how did yours go? i waived to ya on the grid, but i am sure you had no idea who it was. i crew for one of the srx7's.

Barry
05-05-2007, 09:32 PM
second, by less than half second. we were nose to tail for the entire race. i did get the fast lap though...by 3/100's of a second. great fun.

how did yours go? i waived to ya on the grid, but i am sure you had no idea who it was. i crew for one of the srx7's.

Why didn't you come up to me & say who you were??
Please do that next time.

Anyway, I started 2nd, and on the pace lap we got a wave off, but several cars improved their positions, including me. I put myself back where I was supposed to be but some of the RX7's didn't so I had an extra car between me & the SSC pole sitter. Anyway, when we finally got a start the guy who was 3rd in SSC got by me, so I had a battle in front of me. First I passed the the guy who got by me on the start and, at about the half way point, I caught and was on the bumper of the pole sitter. I did a very daring pass on the inside of turn 10 and made it work. So, I won!!

Overall, I started 24th and finished 15th. It was fun but more dangerous that the National I did two weeks earlier. There were more spins and cars going off track in MARRS 1 than in the National. BTW, I took 3rd in the National, so this season is starting off well.

Sounds like your season is off to a good start too. Nose to tail battles usually make for great, fun racing.
:-)
Barry

mlytle
05-06-2007, 08:26 AM
didn't want to stop you as you drove off the grid....;)

congrats! yes, marrs 1 usually has a high percentage of folks who didn't do any practice or test days the get the rust off before the race...:eek:

Barry
05-06-2007, 09:13 AM
didn't want to stop you as you drove off the grid....;)

congrats! yes, marrs 1 usually has a high percentage of folks who didn't do any practice or test days the get the rust off before the race...:eek:

Really nice photos!!

BTW, at MARRS 1 a friend of mine got to the paddock quite late and inadvertently ran his trailer into the back of my Tahoe. I just got it back from Springfield Auto Body and they did their usual outstanding job. Now, I'm awaiting the check from my friend.
Barry