PDA

View Full Version : New to Area, Looking for Body Shop

AdamBixler
10-06-2004, 11:58 AM
Folks-

I'm new to the area, and looking for a shop (or a couple of shops) to help me out with a few items for my e30 M3 and Trailer:

- The rear wing need paint
- I'd like to get my spare subframes reinforced and powder coated
- The trailer needs a fender replaced (I have a new fender, just needs to be welded on and painted - last time I loan out my trailer...)

Thanks in advance for the help.
-Adam

rluckan
10-13-2004, 11:04 PM
I have used High-Tech Auto Body, 8606 Old Harford Road, Baltimore, MD 21234. (410) 661-4377

I had a little shopping cart ding on the side. The repair was flawless. They are not inexpensive, but the work was excellent. The inssurance company I have has such a good relationship with them, that the repair was easily done. (I hope that is a good thing!

Good luck in your search.

satyric
11-16-2004, 07:49 AM
Any suggestions for Northern Virginia? Arlington, Fairfax, and Reston are all convenient locations.

Thanks.

BMWO
11-17-2004, 01:56 PM
My neighbor behind me has been proffessionally painting for 20 years. He has a shop in Annapolis. He use to acyually build FFR Cobras and sell them so he is good. If you want I can find out the name of his place for ya.

Rafgar
11-18-2004, 02:29 PM
Any suggestions for Northern Virginia? Arlington, Fairfax, and Reston are all convenient locations.

Thanks.

THe shops most often recommended in Virginia are Wagonworks in Arlington and Springfield Auto Body.

RadAuto
12-13-2004, 11:39 PM
This guy has done the best paint work I've ever seen. The company is Autocrafters in Manassas. 703-335-9646. The owner's name is Robert Appell. I know he's done a lot of CCA members' cars.

NoSoup4U
12-14-2004, 10:37 AM
In fairfax, I used BMW of Fairfax, their body shop. Have been extremely pleased with their work. They flew in the guy from PPG to paint match my car. They were professional -- it takes some time though, be prepared for that. I think my car was there for almost 2 months.

1FUNBMW
01-05-2005, 10:06 PM
When I needed some body and paint work done, Barry Brown recommended Springfield Auto Body (SAB). He has also recommended them to several members of this mailing lists and they've been quite pleased with the work, as was I. They do absolutely first class work. When I got my car back from them, it looked better than when I bought it. Call Jim Scott (Owner) or Jim Amery (Shop Manager) at (703) 569-5055. Be sure to tell them you were referred to them from the NCC BMW CCA. You won't be disappointed, as I am sure several other members here can attest.

Barry
01-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Folks-
I'm new to the area, and looking for a shop (or a couple of shops) to help me out with a few items for my e30 M3 and Trailer:
- The rear wing need paint
- I'd like to get my spare subframes reinforced and powder coated
- The trailer needs a fender replaced (I have a new fender, just needs to be welded on and painted - last time I loan out my trailer...)
Thanks in advance for the help.
-Adam

Adam,
By all means, call Springfield Auto Body. They sponsor my racecar:
http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SCCA%20Racing/MARRSI_04/gt/pages/MRRS01_04_0067.htm

And, they love working on BMW's.
Be sure to tell them I referred you. You won't be sorry.
Barry

dinomite
01-11-2005, 11:14 AM
They sponsor my racecar:
http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SCCA%20Racing/MARRSI_04/gt/pages/MRRS01_04_0067.htm
That's a funny looking BMW.

Barry
01-14-2005, 12:33 PM

Well, I wish I could afford to race a BMW. It's expensive enough racing a Civic.
But the M3 is a wonderful daily driver.
Barry

Barry
01-31-2005, 09:03 AM

Yeah, I wish I could afford to race a BMW !!
Barry

danzee
03-18-2005, 10:46 PM
Been using them since 1995.
Had many repairs on several E30s and my E34 done there.
Always excellent work. Not cheap, but they will work with you if the opportunity is there..

spalcich
04-02-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm new to the area too. My insurance company (Farmers) recommended NT Autobody in Alexandria. DON'T EVER TAKE YOUR CAR THERE. The work and experience was horrible.

Mistake #1 - bouncing my car off a guardrail
Mistake #2 - listening to an insurance company
Mistake #3 - taking my car to NT Autobody

Dirichlet
04-03-2005, 02:43 PM
I had a significant accident involving a concrete wall and decent speed. I brought my car to BMW Towson. Although it took a fair amount of time, the repair work done on my vehicle was phenomenal. The mechanical work was conducted at BMW Towson, and the body work was conducted at Carstar (East Monument Street, Baltimore). I have also dealt with Towson on a number of other occasions, with a positive experience every time.

danzee
12-30-2005, 12:05 PM
I can highly recommend Elite Autohaus in Jessup, MD.
They do absolutely first class work.
I have used them for many years, including for two E30's and an E34 on several occasions. They have never disappointed me. The wing would be a no-brainer for them.
Ask for Sean.

Regards,
Dan