PDA

View Full Version : February 17, DIY at Convenience Care Care

Rob88ix
02-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Hey Guys,

So far we have no pre-registrations for the DIY at Convenience Car Care next weekend. It would be great if we can get some people out there. Alan Marsh has worked hard to put together a whole year's worth of dates, this is the first one and he's talking about cancelling if we can't generate enough interest that it won't be an "embarrasment to the club."

I'm registering right now.

If any of you are planning a job, this would be a great opportunity. Try to bring someone else with you whose never done one...see if you can get them into it.

See ya'll next weekend...

Rob

1996 328ti
02-09-2007, 08:29 PM
I think you make 5 including Alan.
I need to swap out brake pads for Mar 3 VIR but a lot depends on the weather. I still have my summer tires on the ti.

John in VA
02-10-2007, 12:41 AM
I wish I could attend or help out - will be sitting in an exciting conference that entire weekend!! :frown:

ErikT
02-10-2007, 12:19 PM
I'd like to come. I sent in a pre-registration but haven't heard back. I actually asked a few questions in my pre-reg form I need answered before committing. Mainly, I'm looking to replace my exhaust (down-tube back). I'm pretty sure I don't have all the tools it may take for the install and I have never done any exhaust-related replacement. Who should I call at CCC to price the necessary parts?

(edit) - questions answered.

FT
02-10-2007, 01:30 PM
I'll register. I need to change brake fluid; I can do it at home, but probably would fun to do with others there ;)

TMB_540i
02-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Steve,

What are the criteria for DIYs? I have some front suspension bushings and thrust arms that need to be replaced. But I hesitate getting there and needing a lot more assistance than I anticipate. Do I have to buy the parts there or can I provide my own parts?

Zchild
02-10-2007, 07:21 PM
:icon_poke I registered over one week ago, and asked could I pay with PAY PAL instead of sending a check. I haven't heard back yet. I signed up using the on-line registration. I hope we have enough interested club members to pull this off. Happy Motoring...
:icon_blah

1996 328ti
02-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Steve,

What are the criteria for DIYs? I have some front suspension bushings and thrust arms that need to be replaced. But I hesitate getting there and needing a lot more assistance than I anticipate. Do I have to buy the parts there or can I provide my own parts?You are going to need to speak with Alan or maybe Rob will chime in since he is more familiar with Convenience.

:icon_poke I registered over one week ago, and asked could I pay with PAY PAL instead of sending a check. I haven't heard back yet. I signed up using the on-line registration. I hope we have enough interested club members to pull this off. Happy Motoring...
:icon_blahPayPal is certainly doable. I could have a special address for Alan to get a copy of the transaction. Need to discuss it with Alan and the board. I already established a PayPal account for the chapter.

FT
02-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Sorry, it does not look like I will be making the DIY, did not realize it was only for BMWs :(

1996 328ti
02-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Sorry, it does not look like I will be making the DIY, did not realize it was only for BMWs :(
Email Alan. I would hate to become elitists.
That is what I despise of other groups.
We can always stick a Roundel on the front and rear. :)

FT
02-10-2007, 11:04 PM
Who's Alan?

1996 328ti
02-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Who's Alan?
Alan Marsh abm_16 @<hidden> verizon.net
He is the DIY coordinator.

FT
02-10-2007, 11:26 PM
Thanks Steven.

1996 328ti
02-11-2007, 08:47 PM
For everyone's convenience, you can pay online.
Click on the PayPal link.
http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=156,993,0,0,1,0
You may use PayPal, VISA, Mastercard, Discover or AMEX.
You do not need a PayPal account.

Rob88ix
02-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Erikt - You should have gotten an email that would have come from Alan. Have you checked the email acct the address for which you provided in the form? Maybe you typoed the address? You could always do it again...

I would ask Alan about bringing vehicles other than Bimmers, I think he's open to the idea as long as there's room.

Regarding the front end work...last time we were at CCC somebody did CA bushings on his E36. You're right, though, it did eat up alot of the tech's time and it was barely done in time. I would say bring it on, but make sure you study the procedure in advance so you can do as much yourself as possible. CCC has the air tools you'll need and they are totally fine with letting people use that stuff. Oh, also, you may want to hit those suspension fastners with some PB Blaster the night before (or even a couple times in the days leading up to the event) to loosen them up.

See you guys Saturday, I talked to Timmy (owner of CCC) last night and he's looking forward to it, we're gonna have some fun!

Rob

ErikT
02-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Rob, I edited my initial post to say my questions had been answered. I just placed the order for my new exhaust parts through Timmy. See y'all on Saturday.

Zchild
02-12-2007, 06:02 PM
For everyone's convenience, you can pay online.
Click on the PayPal link.
http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=156,993,0,0,1,0
You may use PayPal, VISA, Mastercard, Discover or AMEX.
You do not need a PayPal account.
:icon_poke Thanks, Steven, I paid for the DIY using PayPal link provided, you the man. I'll be there...
:icon_blah

slantsixm3
02-13-2007, 10:23 AM
I can swing buy to assist others, I'm lucky enough to have a garage to to my own stuff. I'd be happy to help TMB with his bushings and FT with brake fluid, though I may have to wear rubber gloves and a Groucho mask to work on a Pxxxxxe. 5-series bushings should be do-able with all the parts handy.

What other tasks are on the list?

ErikT
02-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Does anyone attending own a Peak (sp?) reset tool? I could stand to reset the service lights on my E30 while I'm there.

-Erik

OwnedbyDuncan
02-13-2007, 11:57 AM
I have a reset tool I no longer need since I sold my E30. I need to locate it though. Havent used it in years. Let me see if I can find it. Might deliver to the tech session Erik since it is just down street from me. Anyone know how close it Rt 28 and Liberia???

Dave Apker

1996 328ti
02-13-2007, 01:12 PM
To those who registered, you are not considered registered unless you mailed your paid online. Alan will be sending out emails to all who registered on Thursday (2/15).

Swooper
02-14-2007, 09:03 AM
I would love to attend, but I made plans for the long weekend right before the event was posted on the NCCBMWCCA website. :frown:

I really enjoyed that last DIY at CCC. Timmy was a great host. Any chance of having another one at CCC anytime soon?

1996 328ti
02-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Any chance of having another one at CCC anytime soon?Not exactly soon but. . .
November 17
http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=156,991,0,0,1,0

ErikT
02-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Dave, bring the collies along if you manage to find the reset tool!

1996 328ti
02-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Dave, bring the collies along if you manage to find the reset tool!If those collies are so smart, just strap the reset tool to them and send them on their way. I have a reset tool too but may not be there until around 1:00.

slantsixm3
02-15-2007, 03:23 PM
I have a reset tool I will bring also. I plan on being there, well, before Steven.

gmufiji
02-15-2007, 08:50 PM
I just found out that I'm going to be in town this weekend. Is there room for one more on Saturday? I would like to replace the shocks on my 98 328 if time permits. Is there anything else I should replace while I'm at it, like the springs and/or the bushings? The car has 117K.

I participated at Timmy's last DIY session, and was really impressed. Timmy's staff was great, and what a fantastic facillity he has.

Just let me know, otherwise I can drop by and offer an extra set of hands if someone needs help.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

1996 328ti
02-15-2007, 08:53 PM
There are probably 12 people signed up.
I called Alan to find out if he wanted me to close registration.
Haven't heard back.
You could always register and pay online.
If it turns out there is no room, your money will be promptly refunded.