PDA

View Full Version : E46 convertibles and carseats

vagabond
11-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Now that our 10 month old has outgrown the Graco Snugride, I can't fit him in the back of my E46 convertible- the base on our big-kid car seat is too wide for the bucket-like rear seat. Does anyone have recommendations on a seat that will fit (or perhaps one they'd like to part with)?

I know this is a really manly topic and all, but I could sure use a bit of help- I hate driving the family truckster every time I have to take Junior somewhere.

gmufiji
11-08-2006, 09:26 PM
I am picturing Tim Allen going "ARGH ARGH ARGH" as I respond to you.

We have an "Evenflow" carseat that we got from Babies R Us in Chantilly about a year ago. It's a dark grey with a grid pattern on it. I can get you more info if you need it. I didn't buy it specifically for my E36 convertible but it fits quite well in the bucket seat in the back (it acutally fits better than our daughter's first seat).

Considering that the E36 is smaller than the E46, I would assume that it would fit. I still need it for my daughther, but if you want to try it out for fit before you commit to purchasing one you are more than welcome to drop by. I live about a mile from the Vienna metro. Just let me know, and I'll give you directions.

Kevin

vagabond
11-09-2006, 09:02 AM
Thanks! If you'll be around next Wednesday evening (11/15) around 6, I'll be passing through the area.

-Brian