PDA

View Full Version : Help - Reckless driving ticket Spotsylvania County

viennadriver
10-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Hi, guys,

I really need some help here. I was pulled over on I-95 in Spotsylvania County, 20 miles north of Richmond, with 88/65. At the time I was driving a rental car, and there were 3 other passengers in the car. The cop was a lady, and kind of suggested that I could say I am not familiar with the rental when I go to court. I have no tickets for the past 3 and half years, and a couple speeding tickets in early 2003 and 2002.

Could anyone suggest a good lawyer around Richmond area, who can help me to reduce this charge to regular speeding ticket?

Really appreciate your help

viennadriver

Scany
10-27-2006, 12:16 PM
Sorry, I cant help you, but what are you looking at for that violation?

odortiz
10-28-2006, 11:37 AM
see if you can get it reduced to improper driving. i think there are less penalties involved.

email me at odortiz in yahoo dot com.
i have a buddy that specializes in traffic cases working out of richmond.
i'll give you his email if you email me.

Nick325xiT 5spd
10-29-2006, 08:21 AM
Find the courthouse, and then find the traffic lawyer whose office is less than a block away. Hire that guy.

viennadriver
10-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Sorry, I cant help you, but what are you looking at for that violation?

I am just looking for some advice on finding a good lawyer to help me reduce reckless driving to something less serious.

SMOODY
10-30-2006, 01:44 PM
I agree with Nick.

When looking for an attorney in these situations, you should focus on 2 things. 1) How much of their business is dealing with cases in the local courthouse (thus Nick's comment on how close is their office to the courthouse). You want an attorney that is on a first name basis with the police officers, prosecuters, and judges. 2) How long have they been dealing with cases like yours. The longer they have been doing this, the more that they will know about the local laws, case law, and how and how far they can push your case with the local officials.