PDA

View Full Version : Stolen M Coupe

Bimmer3
10-26-2006, 09:29 AM
A Black M Coupe E36/8 was stolen from the owner's driveway last night.
:confused::frown::mad:

It has many modifications including a roll bar, custom tan/black alcantara interior, Momo steering wheel, BBS wheels, lowered suspension, etc. Keep an eye out in this area, NOVA, DC, Maryland, and contact Walid at Funktion Auto, (703) 544-0015, if you have any information which might lead to the recovery of this car.

Bimmer3

woodym3
10-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Walid, despite my temptations, I promise it wasn't me. I hope it's recovered quickly.

RED//MSHOE
10-26-2006, 10:37 AM
I will keep an eye out in the Northeast part of Maryland, Delaware, and southern PA.

Is nothing freaking sacred anymore! :(

People just don't want to work for anything now a days...

1996 328ti
10-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Anyone have the email address of the Fairfax County officer who helped out at Street Survival?

waldo
10-26-2006, 04:34 PM
It was found 1 mile away from my home in Great Falls. No serious damage. Will keep you updated...

1996 328ti
10-26-2006, 04:49 PM
It was found 1 mile away from my home in Great Falls. No serious damage. Will keep you updated...
TERRIFIC!:biggrin:

Jenson Button
10-26-2006, 05:22 PM
I hope they caught the thief and had to beat the snot out of him.

pranu
10-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Congrats on getting it back!

Reminds me of an event that happened with a friend in Boston - unlikely that it can happen with anyone else - and I am definitely not suggesting that it happened with you. :)

Given the parking situation there they tend to park where they get parking in a few blocks radius. He woke up one Sunday morning and didnt find his car where he thought it was. Called the cops, insurance everything. Few days later get a call that the car was found 4 blocks away from home - with NO signs of break in.

We all are just speculating that he was perhaps way too drunk and unfortunately driving the previous night and conveniently seems to have forgotten all about it. But then we will never know :)

Biggins
10-26-2006, 07:45 PM
I've had a car stolen/parted out/totalled before and it is one of the worst feelings in the world.

I'm glad your situation turned out ok... or as good as it could.

Rafgar
10-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Walid,

Sounds like you had an eventful day.

I'm very glad to hear that the car turned-up quickly. Hopefully, with little damage.

waldo
10-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Thank you all for your concern.

The only visible damage was the Clutch, we could smell it from far way. We still have not had the chance to put it on the lift.

The funny thing is that I am the prime suspect! Seriously.

SMOODY
10-30-2006, 12:05 PM
The only visible damage was the Clutch, we could smell it from far way. We still have not had the chance to put it on the lift.

Sounds like whoever stole it could not drive a manual. I guess this is another reason for getting a manual transmission. :)

Good to hear that you got your car back and that there was no major damage.

chicane
11-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Thank you all for your concern.

The funny thing is that I am the prime suspect! Seriously.

So what finally happened?