PDA

View Full Version : Can't find a Group 92 battery

loneryder
08-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Battery in my 96 3281c finally died. Batteries Plus is BO'd and doesn't know when they are getting them. I checked with Moll batteries in Montreal and it's $40+ dollars to ship it plus cost of $120.
Any thoughts out there? Interstate lists no battery.

mlytle
08-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Battery in my 96 3281c finally died. Batteries Plus is BO'd and doesn't know when they are getting them. I checked with Moll batteries in Montreal and it's $40+ dollars to ship it plus cost of $120.
Any thoughts out there? Interstate lists no battery.

interstate group 91 fits perfectly. usually available everywhere. http://www.interstatebatteries.com/estore/default.asp for fitment and dealers. make sure you ask for the free vent kit if they don't give it to you.

the local gas station at the end of my street had one in stock for my 97 m3 a month ago.

loneryder
08-28-2006, 09:52 PM
Many thanks. I'll check it out. Is your battery in the trunk..right rear corner?

Whitewolf
08-30-2006, 09:02 AM
The group 91/92 battery is at its largest dimensions: 13" length, by 7" width and 7" high. Any battery within those dimension should work no problem. I'm putting in an Optima or one of those sexy metal-case Stingers or Odysseys (used to be black panther batteries). You can get those last two in a case that's:
# Length 13.0"
# Width 6.5"
# Height 7.5" including terminals (which can be cut down)
# 1700 cranking amps for 5 seconds

you can also get one that's:
# Length 8"
# Width 7"
# Height 7.5"
#1200 cranking amps for 5 seconds

Just a thought. If I'm going to pay good money for something, I'd rather it was well,.. good?

OwnedbyDuncan
08-30-2006, 12:12 PM
I believe Interstate just purchased Optima. I have never had a problem with Interstate batteries they last and the prices were reasonable. The company's philosophy is a little disconcerting but I prefer their product over Sears. I believe there are only two battery manufacturers left.

Dave Apker

Whitewolf
09-01-2006, 08:47 AM
Battery Manufacturers of the world:
http://www.uuhome.de/william.darden/batbrand.htm#A

There's about 50 of them. Funny thing.. Interstate (according to list) is NOT a manufacturer. Actual manufacturers are listed in bold type... lots in China and Europe.

Regards!

Bill