PDA

View Full Version : What maintenance after 10 weeks in the shop?

Torquewrench
08-16-2006, 07:09 AM
So 10 weeks after my wife was rear-ended by a careless driver, I'm finally getting my car back from the body shop. Only sheetmetal work, no mechanicals, thank goodness. It has been driven once or twice in that time to make sure all the electrical systems were ok, but otherwise it's basically been sitting.

Any recommendations on maintenance or break-in after such a long time off the road?

Thanks,

1996 328ti
08-16-2006, 07:25 AM
So 10 weeks after my wife was rear-ended by a careless driver, I'm finally getting my car back from the body shop. Only sheetmetal work, no mechanicals, thank goodness. It has been driven once or twice in that time to make sure all the electrical systems were ok, but otherwise it's basically been sitting.

Any recommendations on maintenance or break-in after such a long time off the road?

Thanks,
Just drive it to be sure the battery is charged.
The tires may have a flat spot but will work their way out.
I can't think of anything else. It's only been two months.
It only seemed to be forever.

AlfaEric
08-16-2006, 08:09 AM

Thanks,

Just be gentle with the paint for a while. Check with the body shop to see if they have any recommendations on how long you should wait before waxing it.

---Eric