PDA

View Full Version : Fed-Ex Field ZoomZoomLive

ErikT
08-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Mazda is hosting a track-related event at Fed Ex field this weekend. 08/12-08-13. Check www.zoomzoomlive.com (http://www.zoomzoomlive.com) for details. They'll have a few autocross courses and you'll be able to drive the RX-8, MX-5 & Mazdaspeed 6 at the limits (in second gear).

I went last fall and it was a pretty fun. The lines got pretty bad by mid-morning, but it was well organized. I'd recommend getting there early.

Last year the event was super-lax & everything was hands off. I remember as the instructor walked me to the RX-8 he said "It's not your car, they're not your tires. Let's have some fun". You can guess what happened after that.

Rafgar
08-14-2006, 07:39 PM
So, who else attended?

Brian H. and I were there nice and early in the morning. No lines. We were done by 10:00am and I even had time to take my kids to Allsport GP for some go-karting.

BTW, Brian got the fast time for the first hour and I got it for the second hour. He got a 41.2 and I had a 41.3. Anyone know how those times held up throughout the day?

1996 328ti
08-14-2006, 07:44 PM
We were signed up for noon.
After breakfast the thought of driving around the beltway did not sound as appealing. I'll know better next time.

ErikT
08-14-2006, 10:59 PM
I was there at 8:30 and wound up staying for quite a while. Not really any lines to speak of early on. Much less crowded than last year. I wasn't too impressed with the Mazdaspeed6, but really enjoyed driving the the RX-8 & MX-5.

I have to say my time in the Mazdaspeed6 was a solid two seconds higher than the previous posted. I think the results should be posted online tomorrow. I know some of the low-hour times later in the day were in the 43-44 second range.

Rafgar
08-17-2006, 10:20 PM
The results are posted (if not perfectly correct yet).

Brian H. took first overall (for both days) and I took third (somebody snuck in between us - but at least I got "on the podium").

I was very unimpressed with the Mazdaspeed6. Massive amounts of turbo lag and not particularly comfortable. My wife has a 626 and I have an MX-5, so I don't have anything against Mazda in general.