PDA

View Full Version : Ron Katona Memorial AX July 30

woodym3
06-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Registration for the SCCA's Ron Katona Memorial event opens online tonight at 8:00pm http://solo.wdcr-scca.org
This is a special event at the huge FedEx Field lot and is NOT part of the sCCA's championship series. You do NOT have to be an SCCA member. For those that don't know, Ron Katona was the National Capital Chapter's autocross chairman for several years and one of our best autocrossers.

1996 328ti
07-01-2006, 08:56 AM
How do the fun runs work at this event?
Between heats? Are they timed?
I'd like to come out along with Florence.
Maybe even drive the MINI. :)

Ron is the sole reason I got involved with the chapter.:icon_yike

woodym3
07-01-2006, 10:26 AM
Running for "fun" is allowed during the regular heats. This is especially useful if you don't want to run the heat when your class is running.
Questions on this should be addressed to Craig Garfield clgarfield@<hidden>

Biggins
07-01-2006, 10:31 AM
I signed up last night. I was going to do the Cumberland event that weekend, but this seems like a great time for me to FINALLY do an autox at FedEx.

M-technik-3
07-01-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm tempted to go do this for seat time but unsure I will be back in the country.

hoyabmw
07-03-2006, 09:24 AM
For all intents and purposes, this entire event is fun runs. It is not in any way related to the SCCA series. The entry limit is at 250 people, but current signups are only about 140.

For those of you that have not run at FedEx, the event will be run exactly like a normal SCCA event--half days, 6 heats, non-stop running till all 3 heats of the morning or afternoon are finished. You will need to be there for half the day, not just one heat. It is well worth the time, and the lot is amazing compared to the lots we are able to get for BMW events.

Kevin
SCCA timing co-chief
ex-BMW autox chair

Biggins
07-03-2006, 08:27 PM
For all intents and purposes, this entire event is fun runs. It is not in any way related to the SCCA series. The entry limit is at 250 people, but current signups are only about 140.

For those of you that have not run at FedEx, the event will be run exactly like a normal SCCA event--half days, 6 heats, non-stop running till all 3 heats of the morning or afternoon are finished. You will need to be there for half the day, not just one heat. It is well worth the time, and the lot is amazing compared to the lots we are able to get for BMW events.

Kevin
SCCA timing co-chief
ex-BMW autox chair
Sounds good to me since my car cannot be competitive in any class as it sits... I run Philly events at Ripken, but I guess that's the best lot I've done.

JimHarris
07-05-2006, 07:35 AM
Craig and the guys put on great events. Any of you who are on the fence, and not regular SCCA season subscribers, this is a great chance to drive (what will probably be) a Greg Olson/Lee Piccione course. Lots of fun, no pressure.

I've entered my ZO6. I'm going to run the car at Cumberland Saturday and at FedEx on Sunday. First time on R Compounds. I'll probably do OK at Cumberland but get dusted at FedEx, because the SS field is so strong.

Cheers.