PDA

View Full Version : Marrs One

Barry
05-02-2006, 08:40 AM
The weather was great all weekend.

Race Group 6 has nine different car classes with lots of speed differentials.
My class, SSC, runs in this group, and it's a busy group.

There were 7 SSC cars. A Mini qualified on the pole and I was 2nd in my Civic.
Another Mini was 3rd. I got a great start and got ahead of the pole sitter, but in one lap he had his position back. One or two laps later I got ahead of him and I saw that the 3rd place car (the other Mini) got by the pole sitter too.

He stayed on my tail until the end, but, I won.
Anyone see it??
Barry

mlytle
05-02-2006, 03:01 PM
The weather was great all weekend.

Race Group 6 has nine different car classes with lots of speed differentials.
My class, SSC, runs in this group, and it's a busy group.

There were 7 SSC cars. A Mini qualified on the pole and I was 2nd in my Civic.
Another Mini was 3rd. I got a great start and got ahead of the pole sitter, but in one lap he had his position back. One or two laps later I got ahead of him and I saw that the 3rd place car (the other Mini) got by the pole sitter too.

He stayed on my tail until the end, but, I won.
Anyone see it??
Barry

yup, great weather. missed the small bore race doing preps for the big bore race. 12 ITS cars, i won too...:biggrin:

Barry
05-02-2006, 03:08 PM
yup, great weather. missed the small bore race doing preps for the big bore race. 12 ITS cars, i won too...:biggrin:

Congratulations!!
Barry

Pinecone
05-05-2006, 07:36 PM
I didn't win. :)

Had a pretty good race also. Started 14th out of 32 or so SRFs, still chasing some handling problems. As of lap 4, coming over the rise between 9 and 10, the leaders were in 10. We had a 15 car train still running at that point. First thought was COOL, second thought was , Uh oh, WAY too close to the front for the fun to start. :)

Exiting 5, one car got loose, Elizabeth Miller spun trying to duck inside to pass, I spun when I got wheels in the dirt trying to pass both of them on the outside. I rejoined in 20th, and Elizabeth and I hooked up to climb back to 13th/14th. Guy who got loose, but didn't spin ended up something like 6th. :(

But good time, nice race, enjoyable day and great weather.

Full writeup will be posted at www.TeamWTF.org later.

mlytle
05-05-2006, 09:43 PM
I didn't win. :)

Had a pretty good race also. Started 14th out of 32 or so SRFs, still chasing some handling problems. As of lap 4, coming over the rise between 9 and 10, the leaders were in 10. We had a 15 car train still running at that point. First thought was COOL, second thought was , Uh oh, WAY too close to the front for the fun to start. :)

Exiting 5, one car got loose, Elizabeth Miller spun trying to duck inside to pass, I spun when I got wheels in the dirt trying to pass both of them on the outside. I rejoined in 20th, and Elizabeth and I hooked up to climb back to 13th/14th. Guy who got loose, but didn't spin ended up something like 6th. :(

But good time, nice race, enjoyable day and great weather.

Full writeup will be posted at www.TeamWTF.org later.

nice job! that is a tough class to climb in from spin...

Pinecone
05-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Yeah, that's why it felt so good to finish that far back. :)

We could have done better if Elizabeth had seen my signal to hook up and work together. We may have been able to pick up 1 or 2 more spots. :)

mlytle
05-13-2006, 10:53 PM
you down here at vir for marrs 2/3?

Barry
05-14-2006, 05:17 AM
you down here at vir for marrs 2/3?

Travelling to Nationals for the past 7 years has soured me on away races for now, so I'm staying local. No VIR, but I will be at MARRS 4.
Barry

Pinecone
05-14-2006, 09:26 AM
I am in Chicago for a conference, unfortunately. m How's the weather and racing?

Next year though.