Registration is open. :)

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?autocross_registration

---Eric

gnhovis
04-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Registration is open. :)

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?autocross_registration

---Eric

Eric: How does it work: register online then pay on the day of event, or will someone be sending payment instructions?...

AlfaEric
04-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Eric: How does it work: register online then pay on the day of event, or will someone be sending payment instructions?...
Register online then pay at the event.

---Eric

Biggins
04-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Dammit... this one I'll have to miss.

Dirichlet
04-27-2006, 03:53 PM
hmmm... autox... or visit an old friend ;) ;) from college in FLA... decisions decisions

SMOODY
04-28-2006, 06:46 AM
hmmm... autox... or visit an old friend ;) ;) from college in FLA... decisions decisions
If the Old Friend is a guy. Come to the Autocross. If the friend is a girl, that may be a different story :biggrin:

dougmoney
04-28-2006, 11:47 AM
What are the provisions for instructors at the auto-x events. I want to head out, but it would definitely do me good to have a co-pilot my first few events that knew what they were doing.

Dirichlet
04-28-2006, 12:00 PM
What are the provisions for instructors at the auto-x events. I want to head out, but it would definitely do me good to have a co-pilot my first few events that knew what they were doing.

There are always a number of experienced people present at the autox events. If you want someone to ride along to give advice and help you with the basics, simply ask. :)
See you out there.
~Colin M

AlfaEric
04-28-2006, 12:10 PM
I've found even after you know what you are doing it is nice to have a co-pilot. They can usually point out different ways to take a turn or where you made mistakes.

As Colin wrote, just ask at timing/registration and we will find someone.

---Eric

joenationwide
05-05-2006, 03:29 PM
doug$$$ - if you cant find anyone i'll help you out/ride with you. by no means am i an instructor, but i can help you to look ahead and find your way and give you some tips. i'll be there with the red m3 with koseis and LTW flags.

white_2kgt
05-08-2006, 09:23 AM
See you guys there, it's been a while since I went autocrossing, probably a year or so.

Doby
05-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Come find me, I'll do it.

CAB IN BLACK M3
05-22-2006, 07:14 PM
Can someone tell me if I signed..up ..I believe I did but want to make sure I am not having one of my moments which seems to be at every autoX

CAB IN BLACK M3
05-22-2006, 07:14 PM
Crap this is Bobbie Boykin...Guess that would help.

AlfaEric
05-22-2006, 08:39 PM
Can someone tell me if I signed..up ..I believe I did but want to make sure I am not having one of my moments which seems to be at every autoX
Yes, you signed up. I just haven't sent out the confirmations. I've been spending my free time trying to get Ground Control to send me my parts. Looks like I won't be driving my car at this event. :mad:

After my daily phone/email contact attempts, it has left me with a lack of enthusiasm for anything automotive... I admit I've been procrastinating. I'm working on them right now. It looks like all members who signed up are in. If my brain doesn't explode, #'s should go out tomorrow night.

---Eric

dougmoney
05-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Doby, you're going to reduce yourself to helping me out? What has the world come to! But sure, I'll try to find you. Jimmy (Skunkman) and I are both going to make our first trip out to an auto-x to the one on June 18.

CAB IN BLACK M3
05-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Eric,

Ground Control Sucks as far as customer service goes....I really wish their products sucked. I usually go through a vendor to get their product that way I dont have to deal with them.

AlfaEric
05-23-2006, 11:19 AM
Eric,

Ground Control Sucks as far as customer service goes....I really wish their products sucked. I usually go through a vendor to get their product that way I dont have to deal with them.
I could never get through to the vendor I bought my stuff originally from. :frown:

---Eric

AlfaEric
05-23-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm slowly making progress with them. At least I hope I am...

The first guy said they had it in stock and he would send out the part immediately and I would get it within 5 days (that was a couple weeks ago). After a week had passed and still hadn't received anything, I (finally) got through to them and someone said they would look into it. They emailed me a tracking # that said it would arrive in another 5 days... It hadn't even left yet! I emailed/called and complained and let them know I needed it before this weekend. No response. After an additional 3+ days, I still hadn't heard back and the UPS tracking still only said that they had received the billing/shipment information. After multiple emails/phone calls, I (finally) got through again yesterday and complained again. I again reminded them I needed this part immediately. They said they would look into it. :rolleyes: Still no calls/emails. Today the tracking has been updated and the transit has been rescheduled. Apparently my part went out LAST NIGHT and will arrive on the 30th. I guess my car won't be done by this weekend. :mad:

Anyone want to take a bet on if they will actually send me the right part?

---Eric

AlfaEric
05-23-2006, 12:29 PM
They emailed me back!!! :eek: They say the package was "lost by UPS for several days". That expains why there were no updates for 3 days but it still doesn't explain why UPS didn't receive the billing information until after I complained my package hadn't arrived yet.

They have given me the following options: Pay for it again with a 2 or 3 day guarantee (still won't arrive in time), deal with the company I bought it from (yeah, right), or go directly to the parts manufacturer-but they will need me to send my old part in first before they send me a replacement. Looks like I'm stuck.

They did appologize for the lack of phone calls/emails stating until this morning they have had nothing much to say. Once the
package leaves there, the only info they have is derived from the UPS
tracking number.

---Eric

white_2kgt
05-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Are we going to be on the Police training course?
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=7310+Slacks+Rd,+Sykesville,+MD&ll=39.377452,-76.941741&spn=0.01025,0.027122&t=k&om=1

http://www.2kgt.com/albums/randcar/policetraining.sized.jpg

AlfaEric
05-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Are we going to be on the Police training course?
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=7310+Slacks+Rd,+Sykesville,+MD&ll=39.377452,-76.941741&spn=0.01025,0.027122&t=k&om=1

http://www.2kgt.com/albums/randcar/policetraining.sized.jpg
Scroll up. There is another section to their facility.

---Eric

white_2kgt
05-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Scroll up. There is another section to their facility.

---Eric

That one looks cool to, but that mini road course sure would have been fun :biggrin:

AlfaEric
05-23-2006, 11:15 PM
Confirmation #'s to members have gone out. Non-member emails will go out soon.

---Eric

SMOODY
05-24-2006, 01:23 PM
Confirmation #'s to members have gone out. Non-member emails will go out soon.

---EricI got mine this morning.

Thanks Eric!

AlfaEric
05-25-2006, 12:34 PM
On-line pre-registration is now closed for this event.

---Eric

AlfaEric
05-25-2006, 12:42 PM
On-line pre-registration is now closed for this event.

---Eric
FYI: The last set of confirmation emails should go out tonight.

---Eric

SMOODY
05-25-2006, 03:25 PM
Just curious. Will the skid pad be open on Saturday?

AlfaEric
05-25-2006, 03:34 PM
Just curious. Will the skid pad be open on Saturday?
I don't think so. I'm guessing that's where grid will go.

---Eric

white_2kgt
05-25-2006, 04:58 PM
I don't think so. I'm guessing that's where grid will go.

---Eric

any idea how much it would cost to rent the 'mini' track or who I could contact about it? I have a few fellow racers that I showed that pic to and they drooled all over the floor.

Doby
05-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Please do not even call them to rent anything. They are given a hard enough time about renting the lot we have now. There is a reason we are the only club that's able to get this lot, and if other clubs continue to hound MSP about it, we may loose it too.

And an FYI to everyone, bring some cheap throw-away gloves. The cones there are nasty and have been put through hell. They are covered in black goo and it will get all over your hands.

AlfaEric
05-26-2006, 09:28 AM
Don't forget to try to get there a bit earlier. It can be a little confusing and the lot we are using is actually up the road from the facility. Take a look at the google maps posted earlier in this thread to get an idea.

---Eric

Pete
05-26-2006, 12:21 PM
Currently, the MSP lot is not open to the public for rental.

Pete

white_2kgt
05-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Currently, the MSP lot is not open to the public for rental.

Pete

Thanks, BMW club is what then? Private?

SMOODY
05-26-2006, 02:17 PM
No, but we have connections to the proper people. :cool:

Pete
05-26-2006, 02:41 PM
No, we are a non profit organization. I would rather not discuss the arrangement we have with them online. If you would like to discuss, please pm or grab me tomorrow and I will explain how we have use of the lot.

Pete

Dax
05-26-2006, 06:25 PM
So coming off of 95N what is the best way to get here in the morning.

thanks Dax:)

Rafgar
05-26-2006, 10:11 PM
So coming off of 95N what is the best way to get here in the morning.

thanks Dax:)

Dax,

Directions and a map are posted on the NCC website at
http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=98,665,0,0,1,0

See you bright and early tomorrow morning.

white_2kgt
05-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Hey guys, thanks for being understanding of my fuel problem, sorry about that, hope I didn't screw up the run groups for anyone. I think I may have solved the problem, guess we'll see next weekend.

Thanks again for all your work Pete! It was nice meeting you! See you guys in Bowie next time!

The 'road course' wasn't quite what I was thinking it was, still cool thought!