PDA

View Full Version : Tie-Down Points for Trailering an early-bumper E30

SharkD
03-27-2006, 12:17 PM
I was wondering what I should use to secure the front of my SpecE30 car to my trailer. The rear, I figure I can either loop over the rear subframe or run axle straps through the rear wheels -- and use ratcheting straps for tension, but I haven't any decent ideas for the front -- if I go through the wheels, I'd screw up my alignment, right?

I have an '87 with the early air-dam and diving board bumpers. The trailer is an open-center Bri-Mar.

Thanks.

mlytle
03-28-2006, 09:02 PM
I was wondering what I should use to secure the front of my SpecE30 car to my trailer. The rear, I figure I can either loop over the rear subframe or run axle straps through the rear wheels -- and use ratcheting straps for tension, but I haven't any decent ideas for the front -- if I go through the wheels, I'd screw up my alignment, right?

I have an '87 with the early air-dam and diving board bumpers. The trailer is an open-center Bri-Mar.

Thanks.

there are some tie down points near the back of the front wheel wells. part of the chassis. hook in to those. there are similar points in the rear, but don't use them they are not strong. do the rear with axle straps over the subframe.