PDA

View Full Version : No Radio

tgmeyer
03-23-2006, 05:39 PM
The radio decided to not come on this AM while driving to METRO. I have a 2005 330CiC w/ Nav and Sat radio. When I got to the parking garage I turned off the car, waited a few, and turned it back on. The usual warning display on the Nav screen did NOT appear; the screen went straight to the on-board computer screen. I tried twice.
I get the menu options [Nav/ OnBoard Computer/Setting but no CD/Sat. Radio/AM-FM radio.
Ideas?
Tom

glindsay
03-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Please tell me that in a '05 you are still under 50k and thereby within the warrantee period. If so, then off to the dealer you go. Please let us know how it turns out.

Greg

tgmeyer
03-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Greg,
I have 7200 miles on her.
After a silent ride home, I located and pulled both fuses. Both were good so I put them back in. I did notice the fuse panel was not seated when I opened the glove box. I made sure both clips secured the panel and tried the radio. MUSIC! I'm not a huge fan of shit starting to work for no reason. Gotta keep an eye on this one.
Tom

EDIT to add: I am glad the radio works but it is still unsettling that it stopped and then miraculously started again. I know better than to roll up to Tate BMW and say "Yeah, uhm, my radio stopped working so I pulled and reseated the fuses. Now it works but can you still look at it?"