PDA

View Full Version : The Hire

Barry
02-27-2006, 09:50 AM
At one point I had two copies of all 8 short "Hire" films, but we lent them to friends and, eventually, lost track. So, now we have no copies.

Does anyone have them and can copy them for me?
I'll be happy to pay reasonable costs.

TIA,
Barry

pranu
02-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Hmmm.. now that you mention it - when they were going to stop the distribution of the DVDs - I had requested one from "Owner's Circle", since my original was also misplaced in similar circumstances. It never showed up!!

Will have to go home and see if the original turns up somewhere - will gladly make you a copy if I find it.

Barry
02-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Hmmm.. now that you mention it - when they were going to stop the distribution of the DVDs - I had requested one from "Owner's Circle", since my original was also misplaced in similar circumstances. It never showed up!!
Will have to go home and see if the original turns up somewhere - will gladly make you a copy if I find it.

Thanks!
Barry

dougmoney
02-27-2006, 09:04 PM
I might have one, as well.

Barry
02-28-2006, 08:57 AM
I might have one, as well.

Hey dougmoney,
How can I get it from you?
Barry

pranu
02-28-2006, 10:30 AM
Sorry Barry - I couldn't find the second copy.

Barry
02-28-2006, 10:36 AM
Sorry Barry - I couldn't find the second copy.

Is it possible to burn a copy of your first copy?
If so, I'll be happy to cover the costs of that.
Barry

pranu
02-28-2006, 11:23 AM
I guess I must apologize for the confusion I have created.

I had a copy - which I thought was misplaced - so I ordered a new one from owner's circle that never came through.

But when I recently moved I remember seeing my original in one of the boxes - but I couldn't find it last night.

Still hunting...

bsun
02-28-2006, 12:10 PM
I will burn one for you. Free.
Let me know so we can arrange a pickup place and time.

dougmoney
02-28-2006, 01:49 PM
BSun: One for me as well? Where are you located?

M-technik-3
03-01-2006, 12:40 PM
BSun: One for me as well? Where are you located?

Ditto for me too?

bsun
03-01-2006, 03:35 PM
I am located at Centreville area.
One more question: would this copy violates any copyright law?

pranu
03-01-2006, 03:56 PM
I am guessing that since BMW distributed them for free and that they are basically a glorified advertisement for them - I doubt they would want to sue for any attempt to further the advertisement :)

Barry
03-01-2006, 06:24 PM
I will burn one for you. Free.
Let me know so we can arrange a pickup place and time.

EXCELLENT!
Please email me privately at: mimishusband@<hidden>

Thanks,
Barry

1996 328ti
03-01-2006, 07:35 PM
I am guessing that since BMW distributed them for free and that they are basically a glorified advertisement for them - I doubt they would want to sue for any attempt to further the advertisement :)You don't know BMW. :)
I'm no lawyer but I believe it is a copyright enfringment.
It doesn't matter whether it was distributed for free or not.
It goes far beyond fair use.

schosports
03-02-2006, 04:30 PM
I have 11 sealed copies. FREE

(in-store pick up only, sorry no mail order, one per customer, good while my supplies last, no purchase necessary :p)

pranu
03-02-2006, 06:36 PM

(in-store pick up only, sorry no mail order, one per customer, good while my supplies last, no purchase necessary :p)

Awesome!

Any chance I can pick one up Saturday late Afternoon - if the dealership is open.

(along with my other outstanding items that I need - will try and reach you at the dealership tomorrow.)

PS - if thats doable I could act as a courier for the others in the Centreville are - if Bill allows it that is :)

schosports
03-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Awesome!
Any chance I can pick one up Saturday late Afternoon - if the dealership is open.
(along with my other outstanding items that I need - will try and reach you at the dealership tomorrow.)
PS - if thats doable I could act as a courier for the others in the Centreville are - if Bill allows it that is :)
Parts is only here Saturdays 9am till 1PM. The showroom is open till 6:00 BUT any late pick orders have to be placed to me by 5:00 today.

pranu
03-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Got my Brand new DVD - along with a BMW Calendar poster thrown in as a surprise!!

Thanks Bill!!!

schosports
03-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Got my Brand new DVD - along with a BMW Calendar poster thrown in as a surprise!!

Thanks Bill!!!;)

M-technik-3
03-06-2006, 12:38 PM

Can I get one reserved, as I am in Thailand until next week. Broke jet...