PDA

View Full Version : not working right

clyde
02-14-2006, 10:47 PM
http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?autocross

Shows a list of events after the general introductory text when viewing through Firefox and IE on a Windows box.

Shows ONLY the introductory text (and not the schedule) when viewing through FireFox or Safari on a Mac box.

This didn't used to be a problem.

1996 328ti
02-15-2006, 07:32 AM
Hmmm? All of the calendar of events are gone. :(
I'll look into it.

Edit: The host moved the site to another server last night. I am still looking into it. :(

AlfaEric
02-15-2006, 09:58 AM
Hmmm? All of the calendar of events are gone. :(
I'll look into it.

Edit: The host moved the site to another server last night. I am still looking into it. :(
D'oh! :icon_doh: It looks like some of the posts are also missing. Did they use an old backup for the move?

---Eric

1996 328ti
02-15-2006, 01:34 PM
They most have done the move sometime last night.
I used a backup of the CMS database and still had the same problem.
So that is not the problem.
I don't know why some forum posts would be missing.

There is a script that is not working which makes a query to the database which is used for the different events. I will update that script and see what happens.

AlfaEric
02-15-2006, 01:39 PM
They most have done the move sometime last night.
I used a backup of the CMS database and still had the same problem.
So that is not the problem.
I don't know why some forum posts would be missing.

There is a script that is not working which makes a query to the database which is used for the different events. I will update that script and see what happens.
Maybe it was just my imagination... I think I was looking in the wrong section for a certain thread. :redface:

---Eric

1996 328ti
02-15-2006, 01:49 PM
At least I was able to add events to each section. It's not the way I want but I figured it was more important to get the events posted. I'm glad glad Clyde posted the problem. I don't look at the homepage every morning.

1996 328ti
02-15-2006, 10:29 PM
After 3 hours I am restoring what once was.
I have a feeling the script broke when the site was moved because of a different version of php. The new server has a newer version, although it only went from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2. Next is to fix the template so the events look like the rest of the site.

clyde
02-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks for your efforts, Steve!