PDA

View Full Version : autocross calendar

Dax
01-31-2006, 11:28 PM
When is the 2006 autocross calendar going to be posted on the NCC web page? :) :) Thanks for the help.

1996 328ti
01-31-2006, 11:42 PM
When is the 2006 autocross calendar going to be posted on the NCC web page? :) :) Thanks for the help.As soon as the autocross committee gets some confirmations.

AlfaEric
02-01-2006, 09:21 AM
When is the 2006 autocross calendar going to be posted on the NCC web page? :) :) Thanks for the help.
We are still trying to lock down dates with the lot owners. Hopefully we can post some up soon. We could post up tentative dates but we already know about 1/2 the dates we picked aren't available.

---Eric

RED//MSHOE
02-01-2006, 11:54 PM

Chompin' at the bit DAX........?????

Pete
02-02-2006, 03:40 PM
We have about 2/3rds of the dates but are still awaiting some key lots which may necessitate some creative scheduling. I'm hoping to get everything done shortly.

Thanks for your patience,

Pete

woodym3
02-03-2006, 09:16 AM
We have about 2/3rds of the dates but are still awaiting some key lots which may necessitate some creative scheduling.
Pete
Does that mean some Wednesday night events?

AlfaEric
02-03-2006, 10:32 AM
We are mainly trying to avoid November events.

---Eric

Pete
02-03-2006, 01:23 PM

Better. Mondays! :)

woodym3
02-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Better. Mondays! :)
Until football season.

SharkD
02-03-2006, 05:04 PM
5th Tuesday of each month?

M-technik-3
02-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Dates would be good so I can forcast my flying schedule for the year. Getting busy at my unit again.

AlfaEric
02-17-2006, 09:58 AM
A few tentative dates have been posted. I believe the April 15th date has to be rescheduled. We will post up the revised dates and any additional ones as we lock down the locations.

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?autocross

---Eric

M-technik-3
02-20-2006, 08:17 AM
So the DC chapter is going to have no events in VA? I heard this thru another member that sounds like all the events will take place either at Bowie field or Ripkin field. Is this true?

This puts a major dampner on guys coming from VA on the summer day sitting in traffic.

Might be benificial to PA guys thou since the auto x there to.

ob325
02-20-2006, 01:13 PM
So the DC chapter is going to have no events in VA? I heard this thru another member that sounds like all the events will take place either at Bowie field or Ripkin field. Is this true?

This puts a major dampner on guys coming from VA on the summer day sitting in traffic.

Might be benificial to PA guys thou since the auto x there to.

It actually took the same time to get to the event last year in Manassas as it did to the event in Bowie from Alexandria. I-66 traffic sucks pretty much 24/7, but the beltway is not that bad in the morning.

1996 328ti
02-20-2006, 01:16 PM
So the DC chapter is going to have no events in VA? I think it's more an issue of available lots.

M-technik-3
02-20-2006, 08:56 PM
Kinda figured that but there has to be other places correct? Gotta be. Why would you use 66 to get to Manassas, anyway. Shoot down 95 get off at the marina exit and go That way. About 7 miles from 95.

bren
02-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Kinda figured that but there has to be other places correct? Gotta be.
When you find them let us know....

AlfaEric
02-21-2006, 09:33 AM
I think it's more an issue of available lots.
+1.

If we could find an acceptable lot in VA, we would be open to it.

---Eric

BahnBaum
02-23-2006, 08:44 PM
When you find them let us know....

Especially if it's large enough not to be dangerous.

I'm happy to drive down to Virginia if it's for a decent lot.

Alex

mickf
02-23-2006, 11:30 PM
Especially if it's large enough not to be dangerous.

I'm happy to drive down to Virginia if it's for a decent lot.

Alex :eek: Are those pictures from a not so decent lot?

Mick

bren
02-24-2006, 12:56 PM
:eek: Are those pictures from a not so decent lot?

Mick
It's not the lot, but getting to the lot that's most dangerous.

AlfaEric
02-24-2006, 01:17 PM
It's not the lot, but getting to the lot that's most dangerous.
Nah, getting there is the easy part... Of course I'm usually leaving around 6am and there are very few cars on the road. Getting home is the tough part. :tongue:

---Eric

gezick
03-06-2006, 04:21 PM
so, what would the policy be with running an f125 kart in xr class?

1996 328ti
03-06-2006, 07:30 PM
so, what would the policy be with running an f125 kart in xr class?Probably forbidden. I don't believe our insurance would cover us. It is something that would need to be discussed before the event, not at.

Pete
03-07-2006, 08:49 AM
Actually Steven, we did discuss this a the last meeting. IIRC they are not allowed due to insurance.

Pete
NCC Autocross Chairman

1996 328ti
03-07-2006, 08:51 AM
Actually Steven, we did discuss this a the last meeting. IIRC they are not allowed due to insurance.

Pete
NCC Autocross ChairmanThen there is nothing more to discuss. ;)
Several years ago I think Mike Early brought out a kart. Insurance what it is, times have changed.

SMOODY
03-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Speaking of autocross rules, were there any changes implemented for the upcoming season? If so, are they posted anywhere?

Pete
03-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Yes, the minor changes have been decided upon. I need to remind Eric to send them to be posted.

Pete

SMOODY
03-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Thanks Pete.

I just want to make sure I am legal ;)

AlfaEric
03-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks Pete.

I just want to make sure I am legal ;)
What did you change and what class are you trying to stay in?

Pete - I'll send you the last version of the rules I had tonight.

---Eric

Dirichlet
03-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Any progress on the date of the Autox school?

AlfaEric
03-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Any progress on the date of the Autox school?
As dates/locations are locked, they are being posted on the web. Hopefully everything will be finalized very soon.

---Eric

SMOODY
03-07-2006, 03:54 PM
What did you change and what class are you trying to stay in?

Pete - I'll send you the last version of the rules I had tonight.

---Eric
Well, I currently have stainless steel brake lines and a front sway bar.

If the brake lines are allowed in stock, I may put the stock front bar back on and run in stock again this year.

If the brake lines are not allowed, I may get some r-comps and run in prepared.

AlfaEric
03-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Well, I currently have stainless steel brake lines and a front sway bar.

If the brake lines are allowed in stock, I may put the stock front bar back on and run in stock again this year.

If the brake lines are not allowed, I may get some r-comps and run in prepared.
SS brake lines are fine. They don't add a performance advantage. The sway bar would push you out of showroom.

---Eric

AlfaEric
03-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Speaking of autocross rules, were there any changes implemented for the upcoming season? If so, are they posted anywhere?
New classes/rules stuff has been posted:
http://www.nccbmwcca.org/forum/showthread.php?p=12336#post12336

---Eric

BahnBaum
03-08-2006, 12:12 PM
SS brake lines are fine. They don't add a performance advantage. The sway bar would push you out of showroom.

---Eric

Some would argue that they do.

Alex

AlfaEric
03-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Some would argue that they do.

Alex
Some would argue they don't. :wink: They aren't offering a "significant" performance advantage so they are acceptable. If you have them on your car and you feel they do offer a significant performance advantage then bump yourself to the higher class.

---Eric

BahnBaum
03-08-2006, 12:47 PM
Some would argue they don't. :wink: ---Eric

Obviously. :p

Anyway, so the strict stock means stock theme is no longer the end all and be all? How about a short shifter kit or Bilsteins? (Just thought I'd throw that last one in there....)

Alex

AlfaEric
03-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Obviously. :p

Anyway, so the strict stock means stock theme is no longer the end all and be all? How about a short shifter kit or Bilsteins? (Just thought I'd throw that last one in there....)

Alex
The "strict" stock theme wasn't there last season. Short shifters were allowed and still are.

In stock class you are allowed non-OEM replacement parts as long as they do not enhance the performance of the car. Shocks were brought up at the meeting and it was decided to leave that rule the same.

---Eric

Doby
03-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Well I'm glad I didn't make the meeting then, it would have lasted at least an extra hour...

bren
03-08-2006, 05:23 PM
It's a slippery slope.................

JimHarris
03-09-2006, 03:54 PM
New classes/rules stuff has been posted:
http://www.nccbmwcca.org/forum/showthread.php?p=12336#post12336

---Eric

Looks like my MINI STX car won't have anybody to play with unless one of the other MINI guys (Jon, Paddy, Al, you out there?) comes with r-compounds.

But I could bring the ZO6 and play with Mick in the XR class.

Maybe I'll do a little of both this year.

AlfaEric
03-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Looks like my MINI STX car won't have anybody to play with unless one of the other MINI guys (Jon, Paddy, Al, you out there?) comes with r-compounds.

But I could bring the ZO6 and play with Mick in the XR class.

Maybe I'll do a little of both this year.
Post up on the MINI forums and try to get some more MINIs to come out. The MINI classes are contingent on participation. If there are not enough cars who qualify for championship points MINIs will return to X and XR the following season.

---Eric

mickf
03-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Jim, Bring the Z06. There's much more than me to play with in XR. If John V got R comps for his Boxster, then maybe even him and Clyde. 'Twill be fun!

JimHarris
03-13-2006, 08:33 AM
It's a good idea to try to get other MINIs to come out by mentioning the event on various boards. I'll do that.

Mick, I registered the MINI for April 8. Need the seat time in the run up to the SCCA season. I'll run the ZO6 in other events, probably. Yes, it'll be fun.

I did sort of miss not being able to register for the X Class, where there is usually a lot of other traffic.

1996 328ti
03-13-2006, 08:37 AM
It's a good idea to try to get other MINIs to come out by mentioning the event on various boards. I'll do that.Al mentioned it on NorthAmericanMotoring in the DCMM section.

Dirichlet
03-13-2006, 08:57 AM
I know that scheduling can be difficult, but were there no other days on which the AutoX school could be scheduled? The turnout is going to be horrible (for those who don't know, it's currently scheduled for Easter Sunday). I was really looking forward to that school, but I'm not going to be able to make that date - and I'm sure there are many others in the same boat.

I propose switching the school with the following Autox (also scheduled at the police training facility).

AlfaEric
03-13-2006, 09:22 AM
I know that scheduling can be difficult, but were there no other days on which the AutoX school could be scheduled? The turnout is going to be horrible (for those who don't know, it's currently scheduled for Easter Sunday). I was really looking forward to that school, but I'm not going to be able to make that date - and I'm sure there are many others in the same boat.

I propose switching the school with the following Autox (also scheduled at the police training facility).
I'm not sure if that is the finalized date so I emailed Pete to confirm. I passed your suggestion along just in case it is.

---Eric

bren
03-13-2006, 10:54 AM
You won't have many instructors if you reschedule to May 13th as there is a WDCR autox that day.

Phat Ham
03-13-2006, 11:07 AM

I propose switching the school with the following Autox (also scheduled at the police training facility). The selfish part of me wants the autox school to be on Easter Sunday so I can have the skidpad all to myself. http://images.bimmerforums.com/smilies/devillook.gif

AlfaEric
03-13-2006, 11:09 AM
The selfish part of me wants the autox school to be on Easter Sunday so I can have the skidpad all to myself. http://images.bimmerforums.com/smilies/devillook.gif
I'm more concerned about there being a lack of instructors.

---Eric

Pete
03-13-2006, 07:49 PM
I will try to reschedule the school date. I'll keep everyone posted if it happens.

Pete

Pete
03-14-2006, 10:36 AM
Good news, I was able to change the date with MSP so the school will not be on May 7th. I'll have the website updated.

Pete

AlfaEric
03-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Good news, I was able to change the date with MSP so the school will not be on May 7th. I'll have the website updated.

Pete
Was that a typo? Is the school going to be on May 7th?

---Eric

Doby
03-14-2006, 12:34 PM
There's a concours show that day... I was going to show my car with my high tech primer paint job. :(

AlfaEric
03-14-2006, 12:44 PM
There's a concours show that day... I was going to show my car with my high tech primer paint job. :(
You have primer? :eek: I was planning on doing that to my car before the season started but I just never got around to it. :frown:

---Eric

Pete
03-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Was that a typo? Is the school going to be on May 7th?

---Eric

Oops. Sorry, work has been pulling me in different directions, it's on the 7th of May.

Pete

Torquewrench
03-14-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm in class almost every Saturday. Any more Sunday dates would be really, really nice.

Thanks,

Phil

Pete
03-15-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm in class almost every Saturday. Any more Sunday dates would be really, really nice.

Thanks,

Phil

Your in luck because we have a couple dates that are on Sundays this year.

Pete

John V
03-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Hey Pete,

Sorry, was not ignoring your phone call. I've been tied up with family stuff for the past several days.

Shoot me an e-mail if you need to discuss autocross scheduling stuff.

AlfaEric
03-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Hey Pete,

Sorry, was not ignoring your phone call. I've been tied up with family stuff for the past several days.

You might want to email him. I'm not sure how much he surfs the forums anymore.

---Eric

Edit - nevermind.

Pete
03-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Hey Pete,

No problem. I've been crazy with the move. Is there any other dates that conflict at this point. I don't think there is but want to confirm. I'll call you tomorrow.

Pete