PDA

View Full Version : Autocross Rules Meeting

AlfaEric
12-02-2005, 06:15 PM
There will be a rules meeting held in December 17th in Rockville. Time and exact location will be posted as soon as I can confirm with Pete. I believe it will be at On the Border.

Edit: 7 PM at On the Border in Rockville.

---Eric

dougmoney
12-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Who all should be attending this?

AlfaEric
12-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Who all should be attending this?
The meeting is open to everyone. Please let us know if you plan to attend and if you have anything in particular that you want changed so we can build a general list of items to discuss.

---Eric

woodym3
12-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Eric,
According to my calendar the 17th is a Saturday, the week before Christmas. Wouldn't it be better to have this mid-week, and perhaps after the holidays.
Woody
(already booked up for the 17th)

AlfaEric
12-05-2005, 09:13 AM
Eric,
According to my calendar the 17th is a Saturday, the week before Christmas. Wouldn't it be better to have this mid-week, and perhaps after the holidays.
Woody
(already booked up for the 17th)
We considered having it mid-week but wanted to make it a weekend so more people could attend. Traffic is too bad for many people to make it during the week.

---Eric

M-technik-3
12-05-2005, 02:02 PM
What all is going to be discussed? Is there class changes slated or ?

AlfaEric
12-05-2005, 02:07 PM
What all is going to be discussed? Is there class changes slated or ?
I think that depends on if anyone wants changes to the current classes.

---Eric

AlfaEric
12-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Time/Location confirmed - 7 PM at On the Border in Rockville.

---Eric

dougmoney
12-05-2005, 10:01 PM
I'd plan on attending just so I could get a general feeler to what the existing rules are.

M-technik-3
12-05-2005, 11:03 PM
No rule delemas for me yet.

woodym3
12-06-2005, 09:23 AM
I'd plan on attending just so I could get a general feeler to what the existing rules are.
Click on Autocross under Chapter Programs on the home page. There is a link to rules.

AlfaEric
12-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Click on Autocross under Chapter Programs on the home page. There is a link to rules.
No there isn't. There is a link to Classes and another for Results. :tongue:

---Eric

hoyabmw
12-06-2005, 09:51 AM
There will be a rules meeting held in December 17th in Rockville. Time and exact location will be posted as soon as I can confirm with Pete. I believe it will be at On the Border.

Edit: 7 PM at On the Border in Rockville.

---Eric

Good luck with the meeting. I'm busy that day, but you already have my input :)

Kevin

AlfaEric
12-06-2005, 10:00 AM
Good luck with the meeting. I'm busy that day, but you already have my input :)

Kevin
I do? :confused:

---Eric

dougmoney
12-06-2005, 11:49 AM
If I would be more a of a nuisance, not being very experienced with the rules, would it be better for me to hold back and not come out this time, but wait until next year when I'll have a better understanding of whats going on?

AlfaEric
12-06-2005, 12:03 PM
If I would be more a of a nuisance, not being very experienced with the rules, would it be better for me to hold back and not come out this time, but wait until next year when I'll have a better understanding of whats going on?
Definately come out. I think it is more about giving suggestions on ways to improve the events than anything else.

---Eric

dougmoney
12-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Sounds good. I think Jimmy (Skunkman) and I will make the trip.

hoyabmw
12-06-2005, 05:45 PM
I do? :confused:

---Eric

I had to write most of them in the first place!

Kevin

AlfaEric
12-06-2005, 06:46 PM
I had to write most of them in the first place!

Kevin
Oh, that input. Gotcha.

Does anyone else have suggestions?

---Eric

woodym3
12-07-2005, 10:48 AM
No there isn't. There is a link to Classes and another for Results. :tongue:

---Eric
Ok, you got me Eric. The link to Classes shows our classing and car preparation rules. I guess our rules for the conduct of an autocross are not in writing.

AlfaEric
12-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Ok, you got me Eric. The link to Classes shows our classing and car preparation rules. I guess our rules for the conduct of an autocross are not in writing.
Some are, some aren't. I think some stuff might still be on the old website. :redface: For the most part, I think classes are the most important rules for us. I think we should probably add a introduction to autocross page (and a FAQs section). A simple page similar to our old one http://www.nccbmwcca.org/autocross/introduction.html .

---Eric

dougmoney
12-07-2005, 02:00 PM
If you guys need somebody to put this online, I'd be happy to help out with updating the site, and getting things on here that need to be on here.

1996 328ti
12-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Some are, some aren't. I think some stuff might still be on the old website. :redface: For the most part, I think classes are the most important rules for us. I think we should probably add a introduction to autocross page (and a FAQs section). A simple page similar to our old one http://www.nccbmwcca.org/autocross/introduction.html .

---EricI added an Introduction section to Autocross.

Doby
12-08-2005, 07:10 AM
How about moving it to sometime in Jan?

Biggins
12-08-2005, 10:29 AM
How about a NCC RallyCross? Maybe BMW of ______ could provide us with a few 330xi.

I'm sure many would be willing to rallycross their BMWs.

AlfaEric
12-08-2005, 12:29 PM
If you guys need somebody to put this online, I'd be happy to help out with updating the site, and getting things on here that need to be on here.
I think the main issue is simply writing/organizing all the information. Eventually I would like to add a FAQs section but I might just make that a thread and link it to the forum. I get a lot of email questions.

---Eric

AlfaEric
12-08-2005, 12:34 PM
How about moving it to sometime in Jan?
We can discuss that at the December meeting. I'll make sure Pete puts it on the agenda. j/k

I would prefer to get it done asap so I can work on next season's registration system. If I don't have enough time to work on it then we are going to be stuck with the current system where nothing is automated. :frown:

---Eric

AlfaEric
12-08-2005, 12:40 PM
I added an Introduction section to Autocross.
Thanks Steven. We will probably have a new version of that after the meeting. I would like to keep that page as brief/simple as possible yet link to additional information. I would add a link to the "What to bring to an autocross" thread, a link to a FAQ page (that will need to eventually be written), maybe a link to a couple old course maps so people get an idea of what to expect, etc...

---Eric

dougmoney
12-08-2005, 01:32 PM
I'd be happy to work on organization of the information, etc. If there's anything I'd be able to do to contribute, I'd be more than happy to. Also, I'd prefer the meeting stay when it is.

AlfaEric
12-08-2005, 01:51 PM
I'd be happy to work on organization of the information, etc. If there's anything I'd be able to do to contribute, I'd be more than happy to. Also, I'd prefer the meeting stay when it is.
Great! We can always use more help. We can get together at the meeting and figure out what still needs to be done.

---Eric

dougmoney
12-08-2005, 05:05 PM
I'm going to be missing the board meeting on the 14th, last day of finals here at FSU :). Is that going to be a problem?

AlfaEric
12-08-2005, 09:59 PM
I'm going to be missing the board meeting on the 14th, last day of finals here at FSU :). Is that going to be a problem?
No. That meeting covers all NCC programs. The Saturday meeting will just be about autocross.

---Eric

woodym3
12-10-2005, 10:43 AM
How about a NCC RallyCross? Maybe BMW of ______ could provide us with a few 330xi.

I'm sure many would be willing to rallycross their BMWs.
I don't think many, besides Gary Lin, would be willing to subject their BMWs to the rigors of a rallycross. I understand some of the stock Subaru WRXs participating in the SCCA's local rallycross events were finding all sorts of broken chassis pieces.
Fifteen or so years ago Isken, the owner of a Rockville repair shop named TUV, arranged the use of a large rolling field in Potomac and provided a beater E21 320i with four snow tires. It wasn't an official club event for insurance reasons, but a couple of dozen chapter members participated in these rallycross time trials. What fun!

dougmoney
12-10-2005, 06:19 PM
I don't think many, besides Gary Lin, would be willing to subject their BMWs to the rigors of a rallycross. I understand some of the stock Subaru WRXs participating in the SCCA's local rallycross events were finding all sorts of broken chassis pieces.
Fifteen or so years ago Isken, the owner of a Rockville repair shop named TUV, arranged the use of a large rolling field in Potomac and provided a beater E21 320i with four snow tires. It wasn't an official club event for insurance reasons, but a couple of dozen chapter members participated in these rallycross time trials. What fun!

I'd agree it would be pretty hard to get people who'd be willing to subject their cars to this. I'd be surprised if Gary would subject his 330ti to this, i assumed you'd have him use the WRX, or perhaps one of the many loaners he has had :).

woodym3
12-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Gary used his E30 325is in the SCCA's Rallycross series several years ago. I don't know if he still has the car.

dougmoney
12-11-2005, 10:55 AM
I know he had it around five or six months ago, you're talking about the tan (iirc) car, correct? He may not have it anymore, as he had shown up to some Get-togethers in a rental Acura many times.

AlfaEric
12-14-2005, 10:41 PM
Bump...

Anyone else coming? Any more suggestions?

---Eric

dougmoney
12-15-2005, 12:58 AM
Who else is coming other than myself and you Eric?

Doby
12-15-2005, 07:49 AM
I will not be there, good luck.

AlfaEric
12-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Who else is coming other than myself and you Eric?
Probably Pete, Rafael, Bogdan, Adam, ...

---Eric

AlfaEric
12-15-2005, 09:24 AM
I will not be there, good luck.
Are there any suggestions you want to make?

---Eric

Pete
12-15-2005, 10:59 AM
Yes, now would be the time to present new ideas so we can discuss at the meeting. Several people have already submitted ideas.

Pete

Biggins
12-15-2005, 11:05 AM
This isn't really rules related, but will we be at the same sites as last year?

AlfaEric
12-16-2005, 12:20 PM
This isn't really rules related, but will we be at the same sites as last year?
We are still working on the schedule. Locations somewhat rely on availability.

---Eric

AlfaEric
12-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Bump for tonights meeting... 7 PM at On the Border in Rockville.

---Eric

dougmoney
12-17-2005, 04:16 PM
I'm gonna end up missing this after all.

AlfaEric
12-17-2005, 10:22 PM
I'm gonna end up missing this after all.
No problem.

---Eric

dougmoney
12-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Any major developments take place?

AlfaEric
12-19-2005, 09:11 AM
Any major developments take place?
I argued that anyone who drives faster than me should automatically be bumped out of my class. Pete said he would think it over but he might have just been humoring me. :frown:

---Eric

Nick325xiT 5spd
12-20-2005, 02:20 PM
I argued that anyone who drives faster than me should automatically be bumped out of my class. Pete said he would think it over but he might have just been humoring me. :frown:

---Eric
I take it my Spec E46 M3 class didn't make it? I figure my car would be the perfect standard for that class.

AlfaEric
12-20-2005, 02:26 PM
I take it my Spec E46 M3 class didn't make it? I figure my car would be the perfect standard for that class.
I believe everyone at the meeting agreed that you lacked class. :tongue:

---Eric

Pinecone
12-22-2005, 01:16 PM
Wish I could have made it. But a) I was inLondon, UK, and b) I was already missing a party.

Next year think about later after the holidays, or earlier. The week or so before Xmas is NOT a good time.

John V
01-13-2006, 09:58 AM
I take it my Spec E46 M3 class didn't make it? I figure Bren's car would be the perfect standard for that class.

Fixed your post.

clyde
01-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Fixed your post.
Yes. Nick's car doesn't fly.

M-technik-3
01-19-2006, 07:59 PM
On an off note I was given the final negative response by the Davison Airfield manager for getting a trial event on the apron.

The reason for it is they are to busy with the current ops tempo and the are going to be having repairs slated for this summer.

Pete
01-20-2006, 08:48 AM
Thanks for trying. We appreciate the effort.

Pete

AlfaEric
01-20-2006, 08:52 AM
On an off note I was given the final negative response by the Davison Airfield manager for getting a trial event on the apron.

The reason for it is they are to busy with the current ops tempo and the are going to be having repairs slated for this summer.
Thanks anyway. If they need someone to test the repairs in the fall, let us know. :)

---Eric

M-technik-3
01-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Oh, I will be persistent and ask again come fall. Did anyone check with the Manasass ball field or the ECE Vdot lot?