PDA

View Full Version : New BMWCCA Member

HLawver
11-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Hi, I'm Heather and I just recently joined the BMWCCA to hopefully meet some likeminded German car fanatics who might be willing to talk shop with me. I was recently supposed to enter training to race with Ferrari but had to delay that for a while because I fell ill. I'm really starting to miss having car nuts around constantly to talk to and most of my racer friends are in Houston at the moment, so I'm left here in Virginia all alone without a single car friend to talk obsessively with about German (or Italian, I'm not picky) engineering. Unfortunately I don't see many social events coming up on the calendar any time soon, so I thought I'd just hop on here, say "Hi!", and hopefully meet some new people. Say hi back if you like - I'd certainly appreciate it.
Thanks!

SMOODY
11-18-2005, 08:10 AM
Hi Heather and welcome.

I think you will find that we are a friendly crowd that is willing to discuss just about anything related to cars. So feel free to make a comment on any of the current threads.

If you are looking for a "social" event, I will say that the autocrosses are pretty social. Most of the time we are just talking and waiting for our turn at the course. We have an autocross tomorrow at Ripken Statium and there are usually a few slots available for walk-ins. So bring your 318 out and join us.

AlfaEric
11-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Hi Heather and welcome.

I think you will find that we are a friendly crowd that is willing to discuss just about anything related to cars. So feel free to make a comment on any of the current threads.

If you are looking for a "social" event, I will say that the autocrosses are pretty social. Most of the time we are just talking and waiting for our turn at the course. We have an autocross tomorrow at Ripken Statium and there are usually a few slots available for walk-ins. So bring your 318 out and join us.
Yes, we will be allowing walk-ups at tomorrows autocross. It looks like we will have plenty of room. There will be lots of car nuts out there to talk to.

There is a holiday party in January and a winter karting league. Social events for next year haven't been added to the calendar yet.

---Eric

Pinecone
11-19-2005, 10:02 AM
Heck, just about every event is a social event. :)

S38B38Komp
03-03-2006, 07:35 AM
Heather, did you ever get to drive for Scuderia Ferrari? Have you heard anything about the 430 CS? That car will be insane.

GStiles
03-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Welcome to the club from another member in Sterling.:cool:

dougmoney
03-03-2006, 11:54 AM
If you're interested in just getting together for social GTG's, and don't mind driving 30-45 mins, there will be a get-together this Tuesday at the Chipotle in Kingstowne, VA, at 8:00PM. It would be awesome to see some new faces out there. We also normally have a photoshoot in conjunction, so it would be a good way to get some new pics of your car.

2000_328ci
03-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Hi, I'm Heather and I just recently joined the BMWCCA to hopefully meet some likeminded German car fanatics who might be willing to talk shop with me. I was recently supposed to enter training to race with Ferrari but had to delay that for a while because I fell ill. I'm really starting to miss having car nuts around constantly to talk to and most of my racer friends are in Houston at the moment, so I'm left here in Virginia all alone without a single car friend to talk obsessively with about German (or Italian, I'm not picky) engineering. Unfortunately I don't see many social events coming up on the calendar any time soon, so I thought I'd just hop on here, say "Hi!", and hopefully meet some new people. Say hi back if you like - I'd certainly appreciate it.
Thanks!
you should definitely check out www.eastcoasteuro.net

They hold weekly meetings in rockville