PDA

View Full Version : Slot car night?

Itsa328
11-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Have we ever had a slot car race night during the winter months? There is a large track in the Baltimore Area that is for the 1:32 scale cars. The track and the cars are available for rent. I am sure I could have a hobby store attend with cars for sale as well.

I attended a PCA event like this and it's a blast during the winter months when everyone has their toys put away. Let me know if there is any kind of interest in something like this or if we have tried it and it didn't work out...

Thanks
Bill

SMOODY
11-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Or a pine wood car race like the Cub Scouts. :)

M-technik-3
11-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Mine that's an idea, I have a couple slot cars too. :) Or better yet does anyone have 1/10 scale electric RC's?

Indoor tracks around DC area? Could do it at Kart nights at the track

1996 328ti
11-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Have we ever had a slot car race night during the winter months? There is a large track in the Baltimore Area that is for the 1:32 scale cars. The track and the cars are available for rent. I am sure I could have a hobby store attend with cars for sale as well.

I attended a PCA event like this and it's a blast during the winter months when everyone has their toys put away. Let me know if there is any kind of interest in something like this or if we have tried it and it didn't work out...
I don't think we've done it before but if you plan it I'll put it on the calendar.

Look at the sticky at the top of the social section.
I'll post some guidelines.

Pinecone
11-14-2005, 09:05 AM
And Tamiya makes a 1/10 scale M Roadster (MZ3) and a couple of others have M3 bodies. And Tamiya just re-released the E30 M3. :)

There is a group that runs the MZ3s at Homecoming every year. Most paint the cars to match their own car.

Of course, with hops up available, we will need classes, Stock, Prepared, Modified. :)

SharkD
11-14-2005, 03:18 PM
I've got a Tamiya E30 M3 that needs to stretch its legs (impulse eBay buy).

M-technik-3
11-14-2005, 04:07 PM
I have a few RC toys too. I have a nicely modded one also.

Pete
11-20-2005, 11:42 PM
I have several 1/10 Tamiya RC cars. I'd do this in the winter. I have contemplated using my parking garage at work since it's nice and warm in the winter.

Pete

Pinecone
11-23-2005, 08:23 AM
I've got a Tamiya E30 M3 that needs to stretch its legs (impulse eBay buy).

New one or old one? The new one is on one of their new top chassis.

schosports
11-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Or better yet does anyone have 1/10 scale electric RC's?
I have a 1/10 scale nitro Traxxas Revo monster truck painted up in PTG colors. I want to buy an electric RC for the winter.

Itsa328
11-25-2005, 09:26 AM
So should I go forward planning a slot car night? If we get at least eight people together this could be dirt cheap to do.

We don't have to choose, we can do both but I want to make sure there is significant interest before I plan any events. Any ideas? Thoughts?

I think we can all agree that winter sucks and toys are required to make it through until spring.

1996 328ti
11-25-2005, 01:24 PM
I say set it up. What I have found is the first time we try something new it might be poorly attended. Don't let that discourage you. Take some photos and do a little writeup for the dB or the website. The next time you do the event it will be better attended. All new things take time to develop.

dougmoney
11-30-2005, 11:06 PM
I'd certainly be interested in doing something like this. I'm only home for winter break from college between December 16th and January 6th, but I'd be sure to attend if it was within those dates.