PDA

View Full Version : Previewing post removes double carriage returns

SharkD
11-07-2005, 07:50 AM
Just to let you know, when you preview a new thread (not sure about a new reply -- haven't experimented with that, yet), it removes double carriage returns.

So, a thread that's formatted like this.

Eventually looks like the text below, which is exactly the way this text appeared in the box after I clicked "Preview Post":

Just to let you know, when you preview a new thread (not sure about a new reply -- haven't experimented with that, yet), it removes double carriage returns.
So, a thread that's formatted like this.
Eventually looks like the text below, which is exactly the way this text appeared in the box after I clicked "Preview Post":

SharkD
11-07-2005, 07:53 AM
Now, let's see about replies.

I'll just preview this reply and see what happens to it.

It's probably just a problem with vBulletin or a plug-in, and not really a big deal, unless you write a really long post with lots of paragraphs and then hit preview.

(Yep, replies are affected, too):

Now, let's see about replies.
I'll just preview this reply and see what happens to it.
It's probably just a problem with vBulletin or a plug-in, and not really a big deal, unless you write a really long post with lots of paragraphs and then hit preview.

1996 328ti
11-07-2005, 08:20 AM
You know, I noticed that too when posting to bf.c. It must be something with this version. I'll look into it a little further.

1996 328ti
11-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Now I'm not sure.
Line 1
Line 2
(1 CR follows)
Line 3
(2 CRs follow)
Line 4

Ahh I see. A regular reply is OK. When I choose Go Advanced and Preview it removes the CRs.
Back to testing on some other sites.

1996 328ti
11-07-2005, 08:38 AM
This appears to be a know problem that people are experiencing.
No solution yet.

1996 328ti
11-07-2005, 08:44 AM
OK, That didn't take long to figure it out.
I use a plugin called Realtime Template Compressor which removes spaces so pages can load faster. bf.c uses the same plug in and I can reproduce the problem there. Now it's to get the developer of the plugin to make some changes.

Edit: In the meantime I'm disabling it.

AlfaEric
11-07-2005, 09:07 AM
OK, That didn't take long to figure it out.
I use a plugin called Realtime Template Compressor which removes spaces so pages can load faster. bf.c uses the same plug in and I can reproduce the problem there. Now it's to get the developer of the plugin to make some changes.

Edit: In the meantime I'm disabling it.
Thanks Steven,

That was really annoying me. I noticed it on a couple other forums and figured it was some sort of bug.

---Eric