PDA

View Full Version : Shop for touch-up work?

CMOS
10-13-2005, 07:22 PM
Greetings. Someone scraped my 02 330i while I was parked in a garage. I need to get the scratches buffed out, possbily some paint may need to be filled in a little.

Can anyone recommend a shop for this anywhere in the DC area? I already met with a rep from Wagonwerks who said that they won't do this sort of minor fill ins. (This does not rise to the level of needing to be re-sprayed.)

Thanks!
Jim

Barry
10-22-2005, 08:43 AM
Greetings. Someone scraped my 02 330i while I was parked in a garage. I need to get the scratches buffed out, possbily some paint may need to be filled in a little.
Can anyone recommend a shop for this anywhere in the DC area? I already met with a rep from Wagonwerks who said that they won't do this sort of minor fill ins. (This does not rise to the level of needing to be re-sprayed.)
Thanks!
Jim

Jim,
Call Springfield Auto Body at (703) 569-5055 and ask for either Jim Scott (Owner) or Jim Amery (Shop Manager). They sponsor my racecar and they do very high quality work. They've done show cars. And, they've done work for a number of NCC members. Be sure to tell them I referred you.
You won't be disappointed.
Barry

pmexaminer
12-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Does Springfield Auto Body do small rock chip repair? I have tried doing this to my 98 Alpine M3 but always end up unhappy with the result (I think a buffer might be necessary???). I have asked a few detailers if they will do chip repair, but haven't got a positive answer yet. I probably have 6-8 of what I would consider poor fixes that could be redone? If Springfield doesn't do this type of work, do you have another recommendation?
Thanks,
Dan

Barry
12-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Does Springfield Auto Body do small rock chip repair? I have tried doing this to my 98 Alpine M3 but always end up unhappy with the result (I think a buffer might be necessary???). I have asked a few detailers if they will do chip repair, but haven't got a positive answer yet. I probably have 6-8 of what I would consider poor fixes that could be redone? If Springfield doesn't do this type of work, do you have another recommendation?
Thanks,
Dan

That's a good question.
Call and ask them, and let me know, because I have some chips that need repair too!
Barry