PDA

View Full Version : Bodywork and respray?

M-technik-3
09-16-2005, 05:01 PM
My 92 E30 Vert was hit by a backhoe this week :( I was planning on getting it resrayed a differant color this winter. So now it needs bodywork and with pending respray are there any shops out there that will work with me in getting the whole care resprayed and the dent not to cost a fortune?

OwnedbyDuncan
09-17-2005, 02:58 PM
I know a shop that will work with you etc. Problem is the cost. Best bodyshop in the area is Wagonwerk and their prices reflect the quality of their work. They work for you adn not in cohoots with the insurance company.

Stop by Edison High School on Franconia and see what kind of deal they can work for you. Usually it is just material cost and if you are not pressed for time
it maybe your best option.

M-technik-3
09-17-2005, 05:06 PM
I'll try stopping by the school venue, Thanks I forgot all about HS autobody shops. The one you mentioned is in Springfield?

OwnedbyDuncan
09-20-2005, 05:53 AM
Edison is on Franconia Rd about 3miles or so east of Springfield Mall. Edision and Wt Woodson have auto body programs in Fairfax County.

Barry
09-27-2005, 03:21 PM
My 92 E30 Vert was hit by a backhoe this week :( I was planning on getting it resrayed a differant color this winter. So now it needs bodywork and with pending respray are there any shops out there that will work with me in getting the whole care resprayed and the dent not to cost a fortune?

I recommend Springfield Auto Body. They sponsor my racecar and they love working on BMWs. Call Jim Scott (Owner) or Jim Amery (Shop Manager) there at (703) 569-5055 and tell them I referred you. They'll take very good care of you. Several people from this forum have used them and everyone's been very please.
Barry

M-technik-3
09-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Thank's Barry

I got an estimate from CarCraftCollision in Springfield to start. They said 3k of damages. Oh I miss said the vehicle, it was a bobcat not a backhoe.

Barry
09-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Thank's Barry

I got an estimate from CarCraftCollision in Springfield to start. They said 3k of damages. Oh I miss said the vehicle, it was a bobcat not a backhoe.

Well, I hope you're going to get more than one estimate. And, I'm sure you'll like the guys at Springfield Auto Body.
Barry

M-technik-3
09-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Well, I hope you're going to get more than one estimate. And, I'm sure you'll like the guys at Springfield Auto Body.
Barry

Yes, I got two others and they were right in the same general area of cost.

I am bring it in to them today, to get an estimate from them. Thanks once again.

Barry
10-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Yes, I got two others and they were right in the same general area of cost.

I am bring it in to them today, to get an estimate from them. Thanks once again.

Well, if quality matters to you, you'll be real happy with their work.
Several NCC members have used them and they were all VERY pleased.
Barry

M-technik-3
10-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Yes, they are the shop I will be using. I got my check toady from the landscaper company. I will be doing a total color change from Laguna Green to a Pretty BMW blue.

There is a very nice 92 318iC in the color here on Post. It will look very much like that car.

M-technik-3
10-11-2005, 02:20 PM
So my wife wants to change from this color
http://www.behindmatrix.com/e30/fotost/f00236/02.jpg

for this color
http://www.behindmatrix.com/e30/fotost/f00129/09.jpg

Barry
10-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Yes, they are the shop I will be using. I got my check toady from the landscaper company. I will be doing a total color change from Laguna Green to a Pretty BMW blue.

There is a very nice 92 318iC in the color here on Post. It will look very much like that car.

Let me know when the car is there and I'll call them & tell them to take special care of you.
Barry

M-technik-3
10-11-2005, 02:47 PM
Ok can do, I had asked a machine shop question earlier in the week, do you have any idea?

Barry
10-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Ok can do, I had asked a machine shop question earlier in the week, do you have any idea?

What was the question?
Barry

J Tolson
10-23-2005, 12:48 AM
I have to recommend First Choice AutoBody in Arlington off of Route 1. They did excellent work on the front end of my E46 M3!!!

Ask for Ray Moxley 703.836.6920.

jbshin
07-26-2006, 08:24 AM
I guess I am in the minority since I was not pleased with the work done by Springfield Autobody, but I thought I'd share my experience with them. I had a minor rear-end hit and took it to them based on the recommendations here. I ended up having the rear bumper cover done twice, have body gap that was not there before, and tiny imperfections (looks like tiny air bubbles) on the paint work. They seem like good people, but their attention to detail is not what I hoped for. I had to get the trunk lid adjusted 3 times as each time it was adjusted, another area would be off, and I had to point out all the issues that were not very difficult to spot.

I am taking the car to First Choice to have the body gap adjusted.

Barry
07-26-2006, 03:59 PM
I guess I am in the minority since I was not pleased with the work done by Springfield Autobody, but I thought I'd share my experience with them. I had a minor rear-end hit and took it to them based on the recommendations here. I ended up having the rear bumper cover done twice, have body gap that was not there before, and tiny imperfections (looks like tiny air bubbles) on the paint work. They seem like good people, but their attention to detail is not what I hoped for. I had to get the trunk lid adjusted 3 times as each time it was adjusted, another area would be off, and I had to point out all the issues that were not very difficult to spot.

I am taking the car to First Choice to have the body gap adjusted.

Wow, that's the first time I heard a tale like that.
I will call then and tell them about this--without naming names, of course.
Barry