PDA

View Full Version : E90 eeks out competitors in latest C&D shootout

NoSoup4U
08-31-2005, 04:49 PM
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3802

I find it noteworthy that the editors decided to comment on how many electrical gremlins the BMW had .. that's inexcusable.

I also was SHOCKED at the Lexus IS350's acceleration stats ... holy crappola and for AT LEAST $10K less than a fully loaded comparable 330i ... makes you go hmmm. If it TRULY IS sub-$40K --- isn't that cheaper than even an E90 325i that's fairly loaded?

Yes, Lexus might not have the feel of BMW ... but, BMW better get its act together ... Lexus made a nice jump forward and seriously closed the gap ... As always, Lexus usually comes out with a better vehicle than Acura/Infiniti.

If Lexus ever decides to add a third pedal, I think you'll see some migration. I think the editor's objections of the Lexus isolation is partly due to not having a third pedal -- with that third pedal, driver is definitely more involved and in tune.

Nick325xiT 5spd
08-31-2005, 05:07 PM
I guess lexus decided that they didn't need the embarassment of a car that's something like two seconds slower to 60 than advertised.

SMOODY
09-01-2005, 05:37 AM
Looks like BMW is getting some much needed competition in the sports sedan market. Whoever thought it would come from Lexus. It looks like Lexus has BMW in its sights. If I were BMW, I would be very worried. If Lexus ever cracks the code on controls (steering, brakes, etc.) that communicate with the driver, we may have a new winner in the fun to drive catagory.

I also found the comments about the electric gremlins interesting. I guess it proves the advice about not buying a car the first year it comes out. Give them a year or two to get the bugs out, then buy.