PDA

View Full Version : Compressed Nitrogen

Nick325xiT 5spd
08-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Anyone have suggestions on where I might buy compressed nitrogen and paraphernalia?

JEDM3
08-06-2005, 06:00 PM
You can get it at a place like Roberts oxygen, Earlbeck welding supply, BAC gases. They are all welding/gas suppliers. They will have regulators,etc as well.

OwnedbyDuncan
08-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Now its been a few years since I used Nitrogen when I was a crew chief but the one thing I remember was making sure the Nitrogen had a low moisture content.

And I cant remember how we determined this or got it from a good supplier.

Nick325xiT 5spd
08-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Yeah, moist nitrogen would not be good for any of my dampers.

white_2kgt
08-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Yeah, moist nitrogen would not be good for any of my dampers.

phew, I thought you were going to use it in your tires :)

--chad

Nick325xiT 5spd
08-07-2005, 09:36 PM
to be honest, there's a lot to be said for using it in the r-tires.

OwnedbyDuncan
08-08-2005, 06:18 AM
I thought you were going to use it tires too. Usually with Nitrogen you tire pressures dont increase as much or at all as the tire gets warm and reaches operating temps. Nitrogen has less moisture in most cases which is why the tire pressures dont increase. Someone once told me it also reduces rust and corrosion of the wheel. Never believed this since I have yet to see a wheel with rust spots or corrosion caused by air. Nitrogen is more inert I believe and stable too for tires.

For shocks? Try a good motorcycle shop that races? Or call Fox Shocks? Why do you need ot for your dampers?

Nick325xiT 5spd
08-08-2005, 06:37 PM
I thought you were going to use it tires too. Usually with Nitrogen you tire pressures dont increase as much or at all as the tire gets warm and reaches operating temps. Nitrogen has less moisture in most cases which is why the tire pressures dont increase. Someone once told me it also reduces rust and corrosion of the wheel. Never believed this since I have yet to see a wheel with rust spots or corrosion caused by air. Nitrogen is more inert I believe and stable too for tires.

For shocks? Try a good motorcycle shop that races? Or call Fox Shocks? Why do you need ot for your dampers?
I know my Advance Designs are low, and I'd like to check on my Motons, too. :p

rrsperry
08-10-2005, 08:38 AM
Doesn't PV=NrT say it will expand, hence the pressure goes up? Maybe less than air, but it still goes up. I think race teams use N2 because it is convenient.

AlfaEric
08-10-2005, 09:49 AM
Doesn't PV=NrT say it will expand, hence the pressure goes up? Maybe less than air, but it still goes up. I think race teams use N2 because it is convenient.

Here is a thread for you:
http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=120996&page=1

---Eric