PDA

View Full Version : Chapter License Plate Frames

SharkD
07-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Washing the 6 today, I noticed that the NCC BMWCCA license plate frame that came with the coupe is showing it's age...

Is there any chance that the chapter will be selling new plate frames any time in the future? I'd like two -- since the e30 doesn't have any...

...Oh and any hope for a renewed effort to get NCC BMWCCA Virginia specialty plates -- I know it was attempted sometime ago, but there wasn't enough interest?

1996 328ti
07-03-2005, 06:32 PM
I have a few frames left. Remind me before the next event. I'll try to keep a few extras in my car. If anyone else wants them see me at an event.

And I don't recall how short we were on the signatures needed for the VA plate. All people had to do is sign a form. It wasn't even an obligation to purchase the plate and still there was not enough interest at the time.

SharkD
07-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Just let me know how much for 2 frames -- I'll pay at the Manassas AutoX event.

Thanks.

1996 328ti
07-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Just let me know how much for 2 frames -- I'll pay at the Manassas AutoX event.

Thanks.I stopped selling the frames. They are now free. I think we came close to paying for them. I'll try to get them to Pete or Rafael before the event.

SharkD
07-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Cool! Thanks, Steven! (I'll be in the 'sans-Clearcoat special.')

AlfaEric
07-04-2005, 09:04 PM
I stopped selling the frames. They are now free. I think we came close to paying for them. I'll try to get them to Pete or Rafael before the event.
Steven, if you have any left, I'll take one. :D

You can just bring them to the next meeting then Pete or I can grab them and bring them to Manassas.

---Eric

1996 328ti
07-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Steven, if you have any left, I'll take one. :D

You can just bring them to the next meeting then Pete or I can grab them and bring them to Manassas.

---EricSure. I have some in my car already. You can leave a dozen or so in the autocross trailer.

AlfaEric
07-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Sounds good. Thanks Steven.

---Eric

Phat Ham
07-07-2005, 11:30 PM
And I don't recall how short we were on the signatures needed for the VA plate. All people had to do is sign a form. It wasn't even an obligation to purchase the plate and still there was not enough interest at the time. The dmv website sort of explains the process. I've found a few typos and just plain wrong information on their website before so I wouldn't necessarily take what you find on the website as the final word.

http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/citizen/vehicles/special_plate_process.asp

Phat Ham
07-07-2005, 11:32 PM
oh yeah, I could use a BMW CCA plate frame. It would be great if you could save one for me at the autocross Eric.

Biggins
07-08-2005, 04:16 PM
I'd like one as well, but I can't make the autocross. Could someone grab one/save one for me for a later date?

SharkD
07-17-2005, 02:30 PM
Eric, I'm a moron... Even though you reminded me about the frames, I completely forgot to grab them out of your race box.

If I paypal you $5, would you mind dropping two frames in the mail for me, assuming that you still have some?

1996 328ti
07-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Eric, I'm a moron... Even though you reminded me about the frames, I completely forgot to grab them out of your race box.

If I paypal you $5, would you mind dropping two frames in the mail for me, assuming that you still have some?What's the next event you are going to be at? If nothing soon I will drop two in the mail this week.

AlfaEric
07-17-2005, 03:24 PM
I still have them (plus an extra for Biggins). I can just leave them in my autox box until the next event.

---Eric

SharkD
07-18-2005, 01:39 PM
Eric,

That works -- I'll be at the August AutoX (and I'll tattoo a reminder on my forehead.)

AlfaEric
07-18-2005, 01:48 PM
Eric,

That works -- I'll be at the August AutoX (and I'll tattoo a reminder on my forehead.)
Sounds good. Now I just have to get Biggins to reply ;)

---Eric

Biggins
07-18-2005, 05:54 PM
That sounds good and thank you Eric. I'm planning to go to the August event, but my summer job works me on weekends (mainly Saturdays, err :( ). Sadly, I still haven't done a single CCA autoX besides the autoX school in April.

AlfaEric
07-18-2005, 06:14 PM
That sounds good and thank you Eric. I'm planning to go to the August event, but my summer job works me on weekends (mainly Saturdays, err :( ). Sadly, I still haven't done a single CCA autoX besides the autoX school in April.
If you miss it, I'll probably be at the On the Border Get Together in August.

---Eric

Biggins
07-18-2005, 06:28 PM
That sounds good. I'm sure I'll be able to get it from you at some point.

Thanks,
Chris

AlfaEric
07-18-2005, 09:54 PM
oh yeah, I could use a BMW CCA plate frame. It would be great if you could save one for me at the autocross Eric.
Whoops, I missed your post. Remind me at the next autocross.

---Eric

1996 328ti
07-18-2005, 11:22 PM
That sounds good. I'm sure I'll be able to get it from you at some point.

Thanks,
ChrisI'll drop them in the mail.

SharkD
08-12-2005, 11:13 PM
Looks like I won't make it to the autocross tomorrow morning.

I've just discovered a nasty grinding noise from the right front wheel and I'm not adventurous to try to fix it in the dark, after midnight, nor do I want to rush a repair at 6am.

Eric/Steven - PM me an email address to make a paypal payment, or if either of you are going to be at Shenandoah, I'll just pickup the two plate frames there... (I will be there, in the E30, come hell or high water -- BMW's do float, right?)

AlfaEric
08-13-2005, 12:09 AM

I've just discovered a nasty grinding noise from the right front wheel and I'm not adventurous to try to fix it in the dark, after midnight, nor do I want to rush a repair at 6am.

Eric/Steven - PM me an email address to make a paypal payment, or if either of you are going to be at Shenandoah, I'll just pickup the two plate frames there... (I will be there, in the E30, come hell or high water -- BMW's do float, right?)
There is always the social on Thursday...

---Eric

1996 328ti
08-13-2005, 07:43 AM

Eric/Steven - PM me an email address to make a paypal payment, or if either of you are going to be at Shenandoah, I'll just pickup the two plate frames there... (I will be there, in the E30, come hell or high water -- BMW's do float, right?)I'll be at the Shenandoah depending on the weather and will bring some frames with me.