Cool! :D

Thanks for all the hard work. :icon_yes:

Dirichlet
06-18-2005, 06:31 AM
^^^^^

Hope u have fun in Florida - see you on the 16th

AlfaEric
07-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Please remember this autocross will be at Osbourne Park High School in Manassas, VA
http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=53,186,0,0,1,0

---Eric

SharkD
07-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Umm.... I registered about 2.5 weeks ago, shouldn't I have received a confirmation/car number, by now?

Thanks.

AlfaEric
07-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Umm.... I registered about 2.5 weeks ago, shouldn't I have received a confirmation/car number, by now?

Thanks.
Sorry, I've been swamped and out of town every weekend. I'm working on them tonight. At the moment every member that has registered will get in. I just need to work out heats and numbers.

---Eric

SharkD
07-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Sorry, I've been swamped and out of town every weekend. I'm working on them tonight. At the moment every member that has registered will get in. I just need to work out heats and numbers.

Not a problem, thanks for the quick reply and all your hard work.

AlfaEric
07-11-2005, 09:17 AM
Not a problem, thanks for the quick reply and all your hard work.
Quick replies are easy... it's getting through all the registrations that is tough. I'm hoping to send them out tonight and tomorrow (then another batch after registration closes)...

For anyone interested... There is still space available.

---Eric

ob325
07-12-2005, 06:36 PM
For those of you that live in Maryland and plan to come to Virginia using the Wilson bridge, you might want to plan for an alternate route. The outer loop will drop from 3 lanes to 1 lane starting Friday night through the weekend. They are expecting up to 90 minute delays. This is undoubtedly cause rubber necking delays on the inner loop. This whole drill will be repeated on the inner loop in about 4 weeks.

http://www.wilsonbridge.com/

M-technik-3
07-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Yes, I got caught in this on late Sunday night that just passed. It sucked ass, I went 295 south as they just repaved it so it's not so brutal on the car. Only to sit in a parking lot to cross the bridge to Mt Vernon parkway. Arg.....

on an off note I have not gotten a number or anything yet..

AlfaEric
07-12-2005, 07:10 PM
on an off note I have not gotten a number or anything yet..
I'm working on them right now.

---Eric

AlfaEric
07-12-2005, 08:54 PM
I'm working on them right now.

---Eric
Correction... I have emailed the completed ones. :icon_cool

---Eric

AlfaEric
07-12-2005, 10:21 PM
There are still some slots available in heats 1 and 3 for any members interested in attending. Non-members will be automatically waitlisted until 3 days before the event (as usual).

---Eric

SMOODY
07-13-2005, 06:29 AM
Correction... I have emailed the completed ones. :icon_cool

---Eric
Got it! :)

Thanks for all your hard work.

See you on Saturday.

AlfaEric
07-13-2005, 11:23 PM
Registration is now closed. Emails will be sent out soon for those who registered late or were waitlisted due to membership status.

---Eric

AlfaEric
07-15-2005, 08:43 AM
For those of you that live in Maryland and plan to come to Virginia using the Wilson bridge, you might want to plan for an alternate route. The outer loop will drop from 3 lanes to 1 lane starting Friday night through the weekend. They are expecting up to 90 minute delays. This is undoubtedly cause rubber necking delays on the inner loop. This whole drill will be repeated on the inner loop in about 4 weeks.

I just wanted to bump this traffic notice one more time before the event.

...and another reminder since this event is being held at a school. If you have guests coming, please remind them:
It is important that autocross participants and guests act in a manner that is safe and responsible. We insist that everyone drive responsibly to and from the autocross venue. One immature act can result in loss of the venue itself. Please self-police your guests and drive responsibly.

---Eric

ChosenGSR
07-15-2005, 10:25 AM

Todd, what would be an alternate route? :icon_nerv

ob325
07-15-2005, 11:28 AM
Todd, what would be an alternate route? :icon_nerv
They are saying to either go through the City or the other way around the Beltway (American Legion Bridge). Coming from Baltimore, I'd take 495 over the American Legion Bridge to 66W.

AG
07-15-2005, 12:09 PM
They are saying to either go through the City or the other way around the Beltway (American Legion Bridge). Coming from Baltimore, I'd take 495 over the American Legion Bridge to 66W.

Or depending on how bad the backup is, the American Legion Bridge to Dulles Toll Road westbound and 28 south.

AlfaEric
07-15-2005, 12:16 PM
Or depending on how bad the backup is, the American Legion Bridge to Dulles Toll Road westbound and 28 south.
...or you could just leave REALLY early. If it turns out there wasn't that much traffic you can always help us setup. :)

---Eric

NoSoup4U
07-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Heaviest Traffic Impacts of 11-year Construction Project Just Ahead -- From 8:00 p.m., Friday, July 15th to 5:00 a.m., Monday, July 18th. northbound I-95/Beltway Outer Loop just west of the Wilson Bridge will be reduced to one lane. Ramps from north and southbound US Route 1 to the Outer Loop will be closed with detours to Telegraph Road. The ramp from northbound I-95/Outer Loop to northbound US Route 1 also will be closed with detours to Telegraph Road. To help divert traffic, where northbound I-95 joins the Capital Beltway at the Springfield Interchange, the ramp to the Wilson Bridge will be closed. Long-distance traffic will be routed around the Beltway in the opposite direction. Local travelers will be directed up I-395. Reducing the Outer Loop to one lane just west of the Wilson Bridge is forecasted to result in weekend backups of 10 to 15 miles, with 60 to 90 minute delays. All travelers are urged to avoid the area, if at all possible. Long distance travelers should consider bypasing Washington DC with alternate routes including US 301 to the east and US 17 to I-81 to the west.

Honestly, if you don't have to -- probably avoid this area entirely. 10 to 15 mile backups is a conservative estimate ...HAH! 60-90 minute delays -- probably more like 3-5 hour delays ...

If you see a Jeep crawling over rocks and making his own detour route ... that'll be me :D

Psi5
07-15-2005, 11:07 PM
...or you could just leave REALLY early. If it turns out there wasn't that much traffic you can always help us setup.

This is the one time it is *really* nice to live in Centreville. My 5 minute commute to Manassas Park almost makes up for the multiple hours trips to Bowie and, gasp, Aberdeen. :D

David

AlfaEric
07-16-2005, 04:40 AM
Have I mentioned I'm not a morning person? :icon_mad:

---Eric

ob325
07-17-2005, 11:56 AM
Thanks to all the volunteers/organizers for Saturday's event, especially working in that brutal humidity!

Pete
07-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Thanks to all the volunteers/organizers for Saturday's event, especially working in that brutal humidity!

No problem. Boy was it hot! I wanted to thank the guys who stayed at the end and helped us pack up before the rain came.

Results should be up in a few days when Adam and I meet to run them.

Pete

AlfaEric
07-17-2005, 08:23 PM
No problem. Boy was it hot! I wanted to thank the guys who stayed at the end and helped us pack up before the rain came.

Results should be up in a few days when Adam and I meet to run them.

Pete
Are results done yet?

---Eric

Pete
07-17-2005, 11:29 PM
Are results done yet?

---Eric

Pretty much. Since there where no timing issues, we just need to create the report.

Pete

John V
07-18-2005, 07:31 AM
Do you know where I ended up in PSS?

Pete
07-18-2005, 09:48 AM
Do you know where I ended up in PSS?

Not sure. I think you got it though. I don't have the computers so I can't check. I'll let you know when Adam and I get together to do final results.

Pete

John V
07-20-2005, 08:45 AM
Are results done yet?

---Eric
. :)

AlfaEric
07-20-2005, 09:02 AM
Not sure. I think you got it though. I don't have the computers so I can't check. I'll let you know when Adam and I get together to do final results.

Pete
How about now? :confused:

---Eric

Pete
07-20-2005, 03:06 PM
How about now? :confused:

---Eric

Ask Adam, He has the computers and will not call me back to set a time to meet.

Pete

AlfaEric
11-20-2005, 11:19 PM
Uploaded some photos:
http://www.nccbmwcca.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=547&ppuser=

---Eric